Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 862

Thread: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for rich adds $36 billion

  1. #591
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for rich adds $36 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You realize the Democrats are proposing to reauthorize the vast majority of the Bush tax cuts, right? Contrary to the last 8 years of claims that the tax cuts for the wealthy caused the deficit, $202b of the $238b in "lost" revenue comes from keeping the lower taxes on people making under $250k. The "cost" of the lower taxes on people making over $250k is a little over 2% of the 1.4 trillion dollar deficit we'll have in 2011. But yea, it's all Bush's fault.
    That must be opinon as I see nothing to back it up. Linky please?

  2. #592
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why would your grandchildren have to pay for your keeping MORE OF WHAT YOU EARN? You seem to confuse your income with what the govt. spends.
    If we extend the tax cuts for the top 1% someone will have to pay for new yachts for the trust fund babies.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #593
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    If we extend the tax cuts for the top 1% someone will have to pay for new yachts for the trust fund babies.
    Actually the income earner would pay for that yacht as always happens in the private sector

  4. #594
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do some research instead of buying everything this Administration tells you. They claimed that passing the stimulus would cap unemployment at 8%, how did that work out for you? Now they call this bill fully funded, how?

    Should tell you something about this bill when the Democrats cannot get Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins on board.
    The GOP is playing politics with this bill, they don't want anything good to happen while Obama is President. It shouldn't matter if the bill is fully paid for or not. If my memory serves, this bill gets funds loopholes that reward big business for exporting jobs.


  5. #595
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The GOP is playing politics with this bill, they don't want anything good to happen while Obama is President. It shouldn't matter if the bill is fully paid for or not. If my memory serves, this bill gets funds loopholes that reward big business for exporting jobs.
    Obama had his chance and the results are what the country is seeing, at least those capable of being objective. There is a reason this bill is being held up. You continue to buy what the Administration tells you even though it is an Administration of lies. It appears nothing is ever going to change the mind of a liberal ideologue including actual facts. The majority in this country are looking at the facts. When will you?

  6. #596
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama had his chance and the results are what the country is seeing, at least those capable of being objective. There is a reason this bill is being held up. You continue to buy what the Administration tells you even though it is an Administration of lies. It appears nothing is ever going to change the mind of a liberal ideologue including actual facts. The majority in this country are looking at the facts. When will you?
    "The majority in this country are looking at the facts."

    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!


  7. #597
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    "The majority in this country are looking at the facts."

    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

    then refute it, 16 million reported unemployed and that doesn't count the business owners that shutdown and the contractors that are out of work not counted in the number. Those great numbers for you? So exactly why are the poll numbers so bad for Obama if things are so great?

  8. #598
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama had his chance and the results are what the country is seeing, at least those capable of being objective. There is a reason this bill is being held up. You continue to buy what the Administration tells you even though it is an Administration of lies. It appears nothing is ever going to change the mind of a liberal ideologue including actual facts. The majority in this country are looking at the facts. When will you?
    Of course there is a reason why the bill is being held up, it because the GOP is playing politics and doesn't want Obama to succeed.


  9. #599
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Of course there is a reason why the bill is being held up, it because the GOP is playing politics and doesn't want Obama to succeed.
    Actually it is being held up due to the lies of this Administration and their inability to do anything they claim. This bill doesn't pay for itself.

  10. #600
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually it is being held up due to the lies of this Administration and their inability to do anything they claim. This bill doesn't pay for itself.
    So you want to extend at the Bush tax cuts which are not paid for, but when it comes to helping small business which by your own admission is responsible for 80% of the jobs in this country, you say no way Jose? That's just too funny for words.


Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •