Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 862

Thread: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for rich adds $36 billion

  1. #581
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    When my grandchildren has to pay for it



    where are the socialist?Is that a new memo out of Beckerville?
    Why would your grandchildren have to pay for your keeping MORE OF WHAT YOU EARN? You seem to confuse your income with what the govt. spends.

  2. #582
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    His evidence is that the rich giving themselves tax breaks while the rest us are being put out on the street is utter and complete idiocy.
    Do you realize that a tax break can only benefit someone who has earned income? If they don't earn anything they don't get a tax break. Allowing people to keep more of what they earn somehow is an expense to a liberal. Explain?

  3. #583
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    FWIW, the savings and loans crisis produced 2300+ bank failures, where as during the GD, over 9000 banks failed.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #584
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    FWIW, the savings and loans crisis produced 2300+ bank failures, where as during the GD, over 9000 banks failed.
    The point of my post was that when tax rates are lowered to a great degree, there is a crash that follows. The Great Depression, Black Monday with Reagan and the current economic mess after Bush's tax cuts. That higher taxes produces a more stable economy, that is not what most people want to hear, but it might be the bitter pill we must swallow.


  5. #585
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    FWIW, the savings and loans crisis produced 2300+ bank failures, where as during the GD, over 9000 banks failed.
    That is what happens in free enterprise and capitalism so what is your point? When businesses fail someone else comes in and picks up the pieces. I thought that is what Libertarians believed.

  6. #586
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The point of my post was that when tax rates are lowered to a great degree, there is a crash that follows. The Great Depression, Black Monday with Reagan and the current economic mess after Bush's tax cuts. That higher taxes produces a more stable economy, that is not what most people want to hear, but it might be the bitter pill we must swallow.
    Why do you broadbrush everything? 80% of our private sector consists of small businesses and those are the ones hurt by high taxes. A few large entities violated the laws in place so the liberal way is to overreact and penalize everyone. 16 million Americans are reported as unemployed today and that excludes the small businesses and contractors that lost their business and jobs due to this overreach of the Federal govt.

    Go ahead and raise taxes then tell your wife why your take home pay is less. you continue to ignore that there wouldn't be any tax revenue at all if individuals and businesses didn't generate and make income.

  7. #587
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why do you broadbrush everything? 80% of our private sector consists of small businesses and those are the ones hurt by high taxes. A few large entities violated the laws in place so the liberal way is to overreact and penalize everyone. 16 million Americans are reported as unemployed today and that excludes the small businesses and contractors that lost their business and jobs due to this overreach of the Federal govt.

    Go ahead and raise taxes then tell your wife why your take home pay is less. you continue to ignore that there wouldn't be any tax revenue at all if individuals and businesses didn't generate and make income.
    GOP blocks small biz bill


  8. #588
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why don't you find out why? How much pork is in that bill?

  9. #589
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why don't you find out why? How much pork is in that bill?
    I give, how much pork is in the bill?


  10. #590
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I give, how much pork is in the bill?
    Do some research instead of buying everything this Administration tells you. They claimed that passing the stimulus would cap unemployment at 8%, how did that work out for you? Now they call this bill fully funded, how?

    Should tell you something about this bill when the Democrats cannot get Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins on board.

Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •