1) Real Conservatism means leaving the decision for abortion up to the states, as per the 10th Amendment. Fake Conservatives want to dictate abortion law to all 50 states. To me this is not any different than Liberals who want to force all 50 states to make abortion on demand available.
2) Real Conservatives don't tell others how immoral they are, while at the same time, get caught having homosexual affairs.
3) Real Conservatives are against Federal spending, not only when Obama is in power, but when Bush was in power too.
4) Real Conservatives are not abject hypocrites.
5) A real Conservative's hero is Ronald Reagan, or Barry Goldwater, or William F. Buckley. A fake Conservative's idol is Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck.
6) A real Conservative does believe in social values, but at the same time, recognizes that it is not the government's place to piously and self-righteously dictate those values to others. A real Conservative recognizes that God has the final say, not a collection of men who call themselves a government.
7) A real Conservative does not believe in bailouts for failing companies. A fake Conservative does not believe in bailouts for failing companies, unless the company is failing during the Bush administration.
8) A real Conservative has Tea Parties. A fake Conservative has the Tea Party Express.
9) A real Conservative loves America, and all it stands for. A fake Conservative loves America except where it stands for things he does not believe in.
10) A real Conservative holds to Conservative values his whole life. A fake Conservative is much like a Liberal on steroids, when it suits his political purposes.
Top 10 bonus
11) A real Conservative in Texas will vote for Bill White, not because he is a Democrat, but because Rick Perry is a Socialist of the worst kind, and not a Conservative in any way, shape, or form. A fake Conservative will vote for Rick Perry because he has an "R" after his name, and for no other reason.