Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 215

Thread: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

  1. #191
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's not simply a matter of rereading them, it's doing so with the intention of understanding them. To do this, you need to remove your preconceptions about them. REad them without prejudgment of what I'm trying to say.

    If you do this, and actually end up understanding my point, you'll see that your questions aren't valid in response to them.
    I'm done debating with you in this thread. If you wish to provide your rational anew in this thread...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...-marriage.html

    ...otherwise there is nothing left to be said. You have failed to provide an answer to why the state has an interest in taking fertility into consideration with same sex couples when it does not do so with opposite sex couples

  2. #192
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm done debating with you in this thread.
    Correction, you're done debating your strawman.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #193
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Correction, you're done debating your strawman.
    What strawman? I was asking questions, that you refused to answer. Don't make ridiculous assertions.

  4. #194
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What strawman? I was asking questions, that you refused to answer. Don't make ridiculous assertions.
    the question itself was the strawman given my points in this thread.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #195
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    the question itself was the strawman given my points in this thread.
    Here was your argument in your own words...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    This is the crux of the anti-SSM argument. SSM marriages are guaranteed to be be an "infertile" coupling.
    You made a quip about illegal searches and seizures. Was that suppose to be your real argument? If the state has genuine interest in fertility in marriage it can require proof of fertility before issuing a marriage license.

  6. #196
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If the state has genuine interest in fertility in marriage it can require proof of fertility before issuing a marriage license.
    No it can't.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #197
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    No it can't.
    Why not? If the government is issuing marriage licensees on the basis of fertility alone then by all means, it would be justified to require some level of proof of fertility before issuing them.

  8. #198
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Why not? If the government is issuing marriage licensees on the basis of fertility alone then by all means, it would be justified to require some level of proof of fertility before issuing them.
    Because it would be a violation of the fourth amendment.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 08-12-10 at 04:59 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh, for pete sake.

    You support forcing same sex couples into the lower social and cultural standing of civil unions simply because they can't make babies. Not on the basis of their parenting ability but on the basis that they can't do what two horny opposite sex teenagers in the back seat of a car can unintentionally do.
    Belittle it all you want, but the act between those "two horny opposite sex teenagers" has the potential to put a huge burden on the state depending on how the child is raised. Two horny same sex teenagers are of no consequence as far as state interest is concerned.

    If anything, you've strengthened my argument. This is another illustration of why the state should have greater interest in a heterosexual couple than a homosexual couple.

    And leave Pete out of this!

  10. #200
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ted Olson: Same-sex marriage is a conservative value

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Belittle it all you want, but the act between those "two horny opposite sex teenagers" has the potential to put a huge burden on the state depending on how the child is raised. Two horny same sex teenagers are of no consequence as far as state interest is concerned.

    If anything, you've strengthened my argument. This is another illustration of why the state should have greater interest in a heterosexual couple than a homosexual couple.

    And leave Pete out of this!
    I see. So same sex couples should be deneid marriage because they can't unintentionally have kids? Yeah, not exactly a strength builder for you case.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •