Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What difference does it make if he's gay? Straight judges rule on issues all the time regarding straight people.

    This is like bashing the judge that overturned the drilling ban because he had investments. Attack the issue, not the judge. Any bias he might have will be easily determined at the Supreme Court level anyway.
    I laughed at that complaint too. At least I am consistent.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    I think people making the "biased judge" argument should really think it through a little better:

    1) Judge is gay, therefore is biased on a gay marriage decision because the decision affects him.
    This leads to the question: So, why is a straight judge not going to be biased?
    2) A straight judge is not affected by the decision, so is not inherently biased on the issue.
    Of course, that just confirms the statement:
    3) Straight people are not affected by a gay marriage decision.

    Wait. If straight people are not affected... wouldn't that invalidate the idea that gay marriage damages the sanctity of marriage, thereby torpedoing the case against gay marriage? Prop 8's defense was inept, but they weren't stupid. There's a reason they never brought up this point before the trial.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I think it is well documented that the judge is gay....He should of reclused himself because he had a dog in the fight........
    Why does a gay judge "have a dog in the fight" and a straight judge doesn't? That is an illogical argument.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #24
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Interesting how Judge Walker was initially a Reagan appointee, isn't it?

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Interesting how Judge Walker was initially a Reagan appointee, isn't it?
    And worked against gay interests...

    Oh wait, we shouldn't let facts get in the way of their rant.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Interesting how Judge Walker was initially a Reagan appointee, isn't it?
    Hey Coronado is back!
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  7. #27
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why does a gay judge "have a dog in the fight" and a straight judge doesn't? That is an illogical argument.
    He could if (and I'm not saying he does) he has someone he wants to marry. That would be a conflict of interest.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Given the.... depth... of the right's focus on this issue, the prospect of Federal support for gay marriage in all of the U.S. is looking better and better.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The only way he "had a dog in the fight" is if he was wanting to marry some one of the same gender. You have, of course, some evidence of that. Come on Navy, just once you can prove a claim you make. Just once you can back up what you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    He could if (and I'm not saying he does) he has someone he wants to marry. That would be a conflict of interest.
    Great minds and stuff.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Judge’s personal life debated after gay ruling

    I have no doubt that Judge Walker is gay. However, let us add up the facts.

    1. He was first nominated by Ronald Reagan.
    2. His first nomination was defeated by Nancy Pelosi.
    3. He was later confirmed by George Bush.
    4. His confirmation was challenged by just about every gay rights group in California because he represented the Olympics against the Gay Olympics in a trademark case.
    5. He is Republican.
    6. His position on marriage has historically been that the government has no place in it.

    So I welcome the far right making an issue out of him being gay. It really shows how weak their case against same sex marriage is when they would rather make baseless attacks against a judge than to go after the substance of his ruling.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •