Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it's a shame the shrub made it to the white house
    jeb was the bush who probably would have been a good president
    his (well intentioned but) dumb ass brother's legacy will prevent jeb's opportunity to show us what he's got

    and i had heard it was barbara bush who refused to campaign for dubya, recognizing he was not up to the job (moms know best)
    jeb would definitely make the upcoming race for the republican nomination interesting, i don't see his brother dragging him down that much, and he would be a far better alternative to palin.

  2. #12
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    jeb would definitely make the upcoming race for the republican nomination interesting, i don't see his brother dragging him down that much, and he would be a far better alternative to palin.
    to me, he would be the best possible candidate ... except that he would have to run against his brother's terrible legacy
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #13
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it's a shame the shrub made it to the white house
    jeb was the bush who probably would have been a good president
    his (well intentioned but) dumb ass brother's legacy will prevent jeb's opportunity to show us what he's got

    and i had heard it was barbara bush who refused to campaign for dubya, recognizing he was not up to the job (moms know best)
    It was a little of both. Bush was mostly a failure until he found God (and Karl Rove) and becoming the owner of the Texas Rangers boosted him quite a bit too. Before that Bush was to lazy to actually do any real work.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  4. #14
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Bush made many mistakes, was too much a believer in "Gov't", but he IS an honest and decent man that tried to do the RIGHT thing.
    His version of right wasn't always mine, but he is an honorable fellow.
    Thought ccomments like the above belonged in the funnies section?

  5. #15
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it's a shame the shrub made it to the white house
    jeb was the bush who probably would have been a good president
    his (well intentioned but) dumb ass brother's legacy will prevent jeb's opportunity to show us what he's got

    and i had heard it was barbara bush who refused to campaign for dubya, recognizing he was not up to the job (moms know best)
    You just have to laugh at hearsay!

  6. #16
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    You just have to laugh at hearsay!
    didn't see babs on the campaign trail
    but recognize i was not on that campaign trail to see her
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #17
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    It was a little of both. Bush was mostly a failure until he found God (and Karl Rove) and becoming the owner of the Texas Rangers boosted him quite a bit too. Before that Bush was to lazy to actually do any real work.
    Lazy? I think not, it's hard work to keep the colors within the lines..
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #18
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Bush made many mistakes, was too much a believer in "Gov't", but he IS an honest and decent man that tried to do the RIGHT thing.
    His version of right wasn't always mine, but he is an honorable fellow.
    I agree. I didn't agree with President Bush on many things, but I did have the pleasure of meeting the man three times. Each time he was a joy to talk to even though we mostly talked about baseball.

  9. #19
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Bush made many mistakes, was too much a believer in "Gov't", but he IS an honest and decent man that tried to do the RIGHT thing.
    His version of right wasn't always mine, but he is an honorable fellow.
    Just like Carter, honest and decent man, and tried to do the right things.
    But history crucifies Carter, and it will W. as well...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Just like Carter, honest and decent man, and tried to do the right things.
    But history crucifies Carter, and it will W. as well...
    No, Carter was a certifiable lost cause. Bush will have to wait 20 years for a less emotional appraisal of his terms. Nixon was rehabilited to not be a total loss, Carter has not. Bush I think will come out better then emotion driven people like you peg him as.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •