Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground Zer

  1. #1
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground Zer

    “The Landmark
    Commission would not have rendered this decision but for the fact that it’s a mosque,” ACLJ attorney Brett Joshpe told The Daily Caller. “Because there are politically correct decisions at play, the property owners in this case are actually getting special treatment. The administrative agency is not applying the law faithfully, regardless of the faith of the people involved.”

    The ACLJ is suing on behalf of New York
    firefighter Tim Brown, who claims the city did not follow the proper steps toward determining whether the space should be preserved, since it was hit with debris from the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.

    After saying the building was “arguably one of the most significant properties in New York,” Joshpe said he would not be pursuing the case if a Christian church were being built on the same site.

    “Would I be personally involved in this matter if this were a church? No,” he said. “And the reason why is because if it were a church it wouldn’t be offending and hurting the 9/11 victims’ families.”

    Gee whatever happened to;

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservatives
    You do NOT have the right NOT to be offended
    Last time I checked not liking something wasnt a legal argument to stomp on ones private property rights.

    Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground Zero | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #2
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    You may be correct, but they have a right to take the issue to court. This has been pointed out in other issues when questionalble issues have been taken to court. It will now be up to the courts to decide.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Gee whatever happened to;



    Last time I checked not liking something wasnt a legal argument to stomp on ones private property rights.

    Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground Zero | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
    If the backers of that mosque are terrorists, or from a known terrorist-haven country, there is plenty of reason to stop that mosque for being built.

  4. #4
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    The fact that they are called a "legal advocacy group" is rather ironic. Maybe they should have checked into the "legal" part first, before they waste their time.

    Sooooo much controversy on this issue. Has anyone noticed how it's made the illegal aliens invisible again?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If the backers of that mosque are terrorists, or from a known terrorist-haven country, there is plenty of reason to stop that mosque for being built.
    If my grandmother had three wheels she'd be a tricycle...

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If the backers of that mosque are terrorists, or from a known terrorist-haven country, there is plenty of reason to stop that mosque for being built.
    so you're advocating the denying of peoples right to do with their property as they will, within the law, simply 'cause you don't like the country that they're from.

    do you want all the Fox News building knocked down, simply 'cause a *gasp* Saudi Arabian owns 70% ?
    Last edited by spud_meister; 08-24-10 at 10:39 AM.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #7
    Advisor Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    06-24-11 @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    571

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    I find it disturbing that the "Landmark Commission" has the right to dictate what people do with their property under any circumstances.
    “The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    -James Madison

  8. #8
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I find it disturbing that the "Landmark Commission" has the right to dictate what people do with their property under any circumstances.
    I find it horrible that there are any building codes allowed in the US....... we have the right to do anything we want to do with our own property.

    [/sarcasm]
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    If my grandmother had three wheels she'd be a tricycle...
    .... and then you could buy her a bell for christmas. Other than that .... what's your point?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Legal advocacy group files suit to keep Muslim community center away from Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    so you're advocating the denying of peoples right to do with their property as they will, within the law, simply 'cause you don't like the country that they're from.

    do you want all the Fox News building knocked down, simply 'cause a *gasp* Saudi Arabian owns 70% ?
    If the project is being funded by terrorists, it needs to be stopped. Period. When cars, houses, and other items are purchased with drug money, we seize those items and auction them off. The analogy here is basically the same. Terrorist money is the same as drug dealer money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •