Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why do liberals start so many Palin threads?
    That was evil. Poor MrV, I don't think he will enjoy being called a liberal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    But you didn't actually address what I was talking about. Palin is a candidate who tells you that she represents mainstream America and yet her people are deleting what mainstream Americans want to say to/through her; your comments do address why that is, but just because there's a reason doesn't automatically make it ok. Slate's article made to comparison to town hall forums -- they are made to look like valid forums where anybody can ask questions or express their concerns, but in reality they are an instance of de facto censorship. Whether or not it is reasonable to conduct a forum in that manner does not negate this.
    Perhaps it is because I am unable to figure out why such modest censorship is the target for criticism from a journalist. It is quite the reach. Only the most naive of persons would use this as a reason to demote a public figure.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 08-05-10 at 05:57 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Perhaps it is because I am unable to figure out why such modest censorship is the target for criticism from a journalist. It is quite the reach. Only the most naive of persons would use this as a reason to demote a public figure.
    This is correct. Palin having people who moderate her facebook page is hardly surprising, inappropriate, or even worthy of comment. She would be foolish to not have people do this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #24
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is correct. Palin having people who moderate her facebook page is hardly surprising, inappropriate, or even worthy of comment. She would be foolish to not have people do this.
    You mean have an honest unscreened conversation with America? Democrat or Republican if a politician would do this they would instantly get my respect and likely millions more.
    "Were going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and thats crazy." -Reagan

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    You mean have an honest unscreened conversation with America? Democrat or Republican if a politician would do this they would instantly get my respect and likely millions more.
    That is not the purpose of her facebook page.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i saw that article as even handed
    it would appear her facebook censor has a good ear
    which republican has more momentum going into 2012 than caribou barbie?
    Well, hell yes, we would expect no other comment from you.

  7. #27
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    You mean have an honest unscreened conversation with America? Democrat or Republican if a politician would do this they would instantly get my respect and likely millions more.
    Do you know many people (the regular citizens) who would really open themselves that much? I sure don't.

    If regular people are screening their blogs, securing their Facebook pages, and deleting unflattering comments, how exactly is Sarah Palin really deviating from the masses? If your mother would not allow such openness, Sarah Palin need not be held to a higher standard in order to "converse with regular Americans." It is just common sense and responsible behavior.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 08-05-10 at 09:03 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #28
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why do liberals start so many Palin threads?
    It's the natural reaction of a liberal post-masterbation cleanup and feelings of guilt. They have to punish her for exciting them so...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #29
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,160

    Re: The Facebook Post Palin Doesn't Want Us to See

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Well, hell yes, we would expect no other comment from you.
    i missed your point; or is it that you failed to make one?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •