Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

  1. #1
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night - Newsweek

    So far, the tea party has been the major political story of the 2010 election cycle, and in many ways it's a fascinating, vibrant reflection of the America's current fixations and frustrations. But given that the vast majority of the movement's favored candidates have lost their Republican primary battles--and given that the few candidates who've won, like Rand Paul and Sharron Angle, seem to be underperforming against vulnerable Democratic opponents--there's little reason to think that it will be a major electoral force anytime soon.
    i think the tea party might have a chance if they actually had some decent candidates. angle? come one, guys, is that the best ya got?

  2. #2
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night - Newsweek



    i think the tea party might have a chance if they actually had some decent candidates. angle? come one, guys, is that the best ya got?
    Harry Reid.... is that the best ya got?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  3. #3
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Harry Reid.... is that the best ya got?
    Oh, Harry Reid sucks - but he's sane.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Oh, Harry Reid sucks - but he's sane.

    He is?.. could have fooled me. Maybe he's just getting senile.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  5. #5
    Student Goof Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    11-11-10 @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    257

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night - Newsweek



    i think the tea party might have a chance if they actually had some decent candidates. angle? come one, guys, is that the best ya got?

    I'm sorry, but how do you even try to start a topic when your source is from a company that sold for a dollar. That's just sad. Newsweek should be thanking the Tea Party for keeping then afloat.
    Failure is made possible by liberty.

  6. #6
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Oh, Harry Reid sucks - but he's sane.
    We don't need sane and corrupt either.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #7
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Harry Reid.... is that the best ya got?
    could be all we need.

  8. #8
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Harry Reid.... is that the best ya got?
    Badaboom !! LMAO.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #9
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Umm...what exactly is a "tea party candidate"? The last I checked there were still only republicans and democrats. "The Tea Party" is a group...a movement (yes...I'll use the word KNOWING the 'movement' jokes are coming). I actually think it is quite sad that so many people are so completely invested in some party line ideology that they dont see the Tea Party as a desirable option. For the love of God people...your DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS hove worked together to put us 14 trillion in debt and counting. They passed crap legislation in the name of just passing SOMETHING. They have offered NO solutions other than...****...I dont know what to do...lets raise taxes and spend more money...what the hell...

    Its kinda empty headed to do the same stupid failed things OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and...well...you get the point.

    So sure...bag on the 'Tea Party'.

    But at some point...grab a ****ing mirror and look at what your blind support of partisan politics has brought this country.

    Have a nice day.

  10. #10
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Umm...what exactly is a "tea party candidate"? The last I checked there were still only republicans and democrats. "The Tea Party" is a group...a movement (yes...I'll use the word KNOWING the 'movement' jokes are coming). I actually think it is quite sad that so many people are so completely invested in some party line ideology that they dont see the Tea Party as a desirable option. For the love of God people...your DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS hove worked together to put us 14 trillion in debt and counting. They passed crap legislation in the name of just passing SOMETHING. They have offered NO solutions other than...****...I dont know what to do...lets raise taxes and spend more money...what the hell...

    Its kinda empty headed to do the same stupid failed things OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and...well...you get the point.

    So sure...bag on the 'Tea Party'.

    But at some point...grab a ****ing mirror and look at what your blind support of partisan politics has brought this country.

    Have a nice day.
    i don't have blind support. my point is that if you want the tea party to be viable, you need viable candidates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •