Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

  1. #31
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,033

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Okay, then what? What do you do when you arrest them. What's the penalty for being in the US illegally? Do you deport them only to have them come back again?
    Send them to the "Beaver State". is one consideration. To do nothing is not a very acceptable solution.

    If you have read any of my other posts, it has been made clear that immigration reform is needed. One part of the solution is to secure the borders/reduce the influx of illegals. Other parts is to address the illegals who have been here for many years and have been productive. IMO, penalities would increase for repeated illegal entry into the US. IMO, the US govt. should also make it clear to the Mexican govt. that this illegal entry will not continue and we expect them to do their part to control the borders.

    We also could learn a lesson from looking at Mexico immigration laws. Things like you have to have a job or prove your self sufficient before you can migrate into the country, etc.

    So what is your solution? Your statement regarding deport them so they can do it again. Well what about criminals who steal, serve their time and are released only to steal again? Should we just ignore them?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  2. #32
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    More to the point of the OP, how would full implementation of SB1070 cure the problems? It's against the law to murder and murders are severely punished when caught, but people continue to murder. Likewise, SB1070 will not stop illegals from entering Arizona. In my view SB1070 is all political and offers no solutions.
    Then why are Illegals leaving Arizona?

    About 100,000 illegal immigrants left Arizona after the state passed a law in 2007 that enhanced penalties on businesses that hired them, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Some early signs suggest another exodus.
    Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law - USATODAY.com
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  3. #33
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Send them to the "Beaver State". is one consideration. To do nothing is not a very acceptable solution.

    If you have read any of my other posts, it has been made clear that immigration reform is needed. One part of the solution is to secure the borders/reduce the influx of illegals. Other parts is to address the illegals who have been here for many years and have been productive. IMO, penalities would increase for repeated illegal entry into the US. IMO, the US govt. should also make it clear to the Mexican govt. that this illegal entry will not continue and we expect them to do their part to control the borders.

    We also could learn a lesson from looking at Mexico immigration laws. Things like you have to have a job or prove your self sufficient before you can migrate into the country, etc.

    So what is your solution? Your statement regarding deport them so they can do it again. Well what about criminals who steal, serve their time and are released only to steal again? Should we just ignore them?
    Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in the Beaver State........ we have enough of a problem with illegal Russians, we don't need Illegal Hispanics too.

    Send them to LA. and San Francisco. Lots of welfare, food stamps, public housing, free medical care, and hugs from libs.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #34
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Send them to the "Beaver State". is one consideration. To do nothing is not a very acceptable solution.

    If you have read any of my other posts, it has been made clear that immigration reform is needed. One part of the solution is to secure the borders/reduce the influx of illegals. Other parts is to address the illegals who have been here for many years and have been productive. IMO, penalities would increase for repeated illegal entry into the US. IMO, the US govt. should also make it clear to the Mexican govt. that this illegal entry will not continue and we expect them to do their part to control the borders.

    We also could learn a lesson from looking at Mexico immigration laws. Things like you have to have a job or prove your self sufficient before you can migrate into the country, etc.

    So what is your solution? Your statement regarding deport them so they can do it again. Well what about criminals who steal, serve their time and are released only to steal again? Should we just ignore them?
    I don't have a solution because it's a very complex issue. I do believe that SB 1070 would allow those illegals who just want a better life to be exploited more than they are now. I don't believe crossing the border is a serious offense, so why make law inforcement have it a their top priority?

    I'm all in favor of cracking down on the drug cartels, and those who rape, murder and steal. That's the job of law enforcement and not limited to illegals. The police shouldn't be turned into ICE agents IMO.

  5. #35
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I's not sure the article says they are leaving the state. Taking their kid out of school doesn't mean they are leaving. And if they are, are they the ones creating trouble? I'm not say its ok they stay because they aren't causing trouble. It would mea they are not adding to the crime statistics. Which I've heard are down - not up.

    Which reminds me both McCain and Kyl are saying Phoenix is the #2 kidnapping captial.

    PolitiFact Texas | McCain says Phoenix is the second kidnapping capital in the world

  6. #36
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,033

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in the Beaver State........ we have enough of a problem with illegal Russians, we don't need Illegal Hispanics too.

    Send them to LA. and San Francisco. Lots of welfare, food stamps, public housing, free medical care, and hugs from libs.
    OK, forgot you lived in that State.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  7. #37
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,033

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't have a solution because it's a very complex issue. I do believe that SB 1070 would allow those illegals who just want a better life to be exploited more than they are now. I don't believe crossing the border is a serious offense, so why make law inforcement have it a their top priority?

    I'm all in favor of cracking down on the drug cartels, and those who rape, murder and steal. That's the job of law enforcement and not limited to illegals. The police shouldn't be turned into ICE agents IMO.
    It is not the top prioirty. It in addition to. What part of the law don't you understand? An illegal would have to violate some law first.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So a right wing blog posts comments by a nobody sheriff and it's supposed to mean something?
    Are you referring to the article?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •