Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 204

Thread: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in Conte

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    I do not agree that Hitler was an economic genius. He based a lot of his economics on the short term, and on military actions that he could not win in the end. However, the one positive thing I will say about Hitler, is that as a propagandist and a motivator of people, he was one of the best. His ideals were certainly perverse, but consider the kind of person that could have mobilized people like he did.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #62
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Actually, it could be said with a straight face, about the slave owners, because many valued their slaves highly. Slaves were the caretakers of their children, teachers, house attendants, etc. The idea of the harsh slave master beating his slaves over the slightest offense is not historically accurate if one goes back and looks at period writings, letters, and diaries.

    And no one here has made any assertion that Hitler was anything less than evil. The assertion has been that there were a lot more complex issues going on there than what is typically permitted to be taught.
    I don't understand the basis of your argument, you believe that some elements in Nazi Germany's policies or actions were forbidden from being taught (by who?), however what elements are you referring to exactly?
    Hitler's economy policies are indeed being taught, and so are the rest of his regime's policies and taken actions.
    That of course doesn't change the fact that the thing that is and will be most taught about his regime and the Nazi ideaology is the racism and the slaughtering of millions of innocents because of their race, and considering the conditions I think there's no wrong here, that is what Nazism identify with the most, the barbaric belief that one race is above all others, and that all others must be destroyed and elimenated.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #63
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Fair 'nuff.
    That doesn't mean that he is correct in his assertions of course.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,524

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I do not agree that Hitler was an economic genius. He based a lot of his economics on the short term, and on military actions that he could not win in the end. However, the one positive thing I will say about Hitler, is that as a propagandist and a motivator of people, he was one of the best. His ideals were certainly perverse, but consider the kind of person that could have mobilized people like he did.
    Of course he wasn't an economic genius. He was a socialist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    One must always remember with Hitler... the ends did not justify the means. Without the brutality, the racism, the genocide, and the wanton killing, I'm certain one can find some successful Nazi policies that Hitler introduced. The question is, is it possible to eliminate all of those horrors when discussing those successes?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    My problem with his initial statement is that the point got completely lost under the implication that the Jewish people have gone too far in their effort to not allow the world to forget. That to me was utterly shocking. The world should never forget and the Jewish people have every right to keep reminding us of it.
    I get sick of them using the Holocaust, which is about to be fully a lifetime behind us and soon no one will be alive anymore who took part or was a victim of it, to advance completely unrelated agendas and as an excuse to get butthurt about some minor offense like an awkward statement by a celebrity. It's like the Holocaust is their Ace they can play every time the cards don't fall how they want. It gets old.

    And frankly, while I believe the Holocaust is up there in terms of the magnitude of human atrocity, there are other people in this world who are suffering just as badly, if not worse. I'm just not even moved by the whole topic anymore.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Actually, it could be said with a straight face, about the slave owners, because many valued their slaves highly. Slaves were the caretakers of their children, teachers, house attendants, etc. The idea of the harsh slave master beating his slaves over the slightest offense is not historically accurate if one goes back and looks at period writings, letters, and diaries.

    And no one here has made any assertion that Hitler was anything less than evil. The assertion has been that there were a lot more complex issues going on there than what is typically permitted to be taught.
    Maybe the slave owner analogy wasn't a good one. I know several slave owners treated them like family and didn't beat them like the media says (due to the fact that being beaten reduces job performance). However atrocities were still committed and there were wicked slave owners as well.

    The problem I have with trying to shed hitler in a "better" light or being a Holocaust revisionist is the motive behind it. Personally I believe history is accurate, and what we know about the Holocaust did indeed happen to the degree that it was reported. Honestly, if someone was truly wanting to investigate because they have reason to believe something is factually incorrect, then I have no problem with that. However, many try to diminish the atrocity that was the Holocaust for political or racial means. I am against people trying to falsely revise history in order to appease or conform with an ideology/political position.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course he wasn't an economic genius. He was a socialist.
    He was a fascist. A lot of his economic policies were based on Mussolini's concept of fascism. This was NOT socialism.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Maybe the slave owner analogy wasn't a good one. I know several slave owners treated them like family and didn't beat them like the media says (due to the fact that being beaten reduces job performance). However atrocities were still committed and there were wicked slave owners as well.

    The problem I have with trying to shed hitler in a "better" light or being a Holocaust revisionist is the motive behind it. Personally I believe history is accurate, and what we know about the Holocaust did indeed happen to the degree that it was reported. Honestly, if someone was truly wanting to investigate because they have reason to believe something is factually incorrect, then I have no problem with that. However, many try to diminish the atrocity that was the Holocaust for political or racial means. I am against people trying to falsely revise history in order to appease or conform with an ideology/political position.
    What you are talking about is the more common usage of historical revisionism... negationism. Historical revision based on factual investigation, without being ideologically based is fine. It's when it is based on negating historical facts that it isn't.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I don't understand the basis of your argument, you believe that some elements in Nazi Germany's policies or actions were forbidden from being taught (by who?), however what elements are you referring to exactly?
    Hitler's economy policies are indeed being taught, and so are the rest of his regime's policies and taken actions.
    That of course doesn't change the fact that the thing that is and will be most taught about his regime and the Nazi ideaology is the racism and the slaughtering of millions of innocents because of their race, and considering the conditions I think there's no wrong here, that is what Nazism identify with the most, the barbaric belief that one race is above all others, and that all others must be destroyed and elimenated.
    You miss my point entirely. My point is that when speaking to a Jew or about the topic of Hitler, period, it's almost expected that you will speak with a tone of contrition for what Hitler did to the Jews even if the topic isn't about that aspect of Hitler's regime at all.

    And no, I don't identify the Holocaust first and foremost with Hitler. Sorry. I just don't. I tend to identify his military mistakes, inflated and reckless ambitions, occult fascinations and his powerful successes in pulling Germany out of economic ruin in such a short time. The Jews are a secondary issue to the history of WW2 in my perception.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •