Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 204

Thread: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in Conte

  1. #131
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Stone is an interesting filmmaker, too. He's made a valuable contribution to public discourse on a number of topics. It's no mark against him that he's inspired some hatred and ridicule in the process.

  2. #132
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayah View Post
    I never bring up the Holocaust on this board. Iíll sometimes respond with a post in an existing thread such as this. I donít beat anyone over the head about it, and neither do any of the other Jews on this board.
    You may not. Others certainly do.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ofc humans will still stand by another genocide
    The Holocaust is so important in the world because it occurred in Europe. Because it occurred in the enlightened West.
    If 6 million Africans died tomorrow, no one would care imo
    I know I wouldn't. Hell, I find it hard to make myself care about what happened in Europe. And I know I wouldn't even bat an eye if it were to happen next door to me in Mexico, though I probably would find myself outraged if I saw something like this going on in Canada.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    I think it's time to break out this post again:

    Since nobody seemed to notice the first time, even though both points keep coming up.
    Yes I did miss it.
    And I'm still desensitized to the Holocaust. Even after watching the documentary.

    If success of "never again" is accepting genocides will continue happen but now at least we acknowledge it is genocide instead ignoring it. That is failure to me.


  5. #135
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I know I wouldn't. Hell, I find it hard to make myself care about what happened in Europe. And I know I wouldn't even bat an eye if it were to happen next door to me in Mexico, though I probably would find myself outraged if I saw something like this going on in Canada.
    Exactly, despite all the Holocaust teaching. I'm sure others feel the same.


  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    They live in terrible conditions, but they aren't a target for extermination and they are in that situation not because they are being oppressed, but because they have an oppressive government. There are far worse places around the world. Haiti is a good example. I went to Haiti on a mission trip in the summer of 2007. Before the earthquake pretty much no one new that Haiti existed. Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere, and their living conditions are worse than the Palestinians in Gaza. Are they also victims of a Holocaust?
    Is there an oppressive neighboring regime cutting their supplies to commodities, dropping cluster bombs on their playgrounds, racing tanks up and down their streets, throwing them off their farms, etc?

    My point is that while "Holocaust" may be a bit of a hyperbole, it does relate the relevant imagery: jackbooted thugs coming in the night to kill and murder the common citizenry of a people.

  7. #137
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Is there an oppressive neighboring regime cutting their supplies to commodities, dropping cluster bombs on their playgrounds, racing tanks up and down their streets, throwing them off their farms, etc?
    No, they just live under corrupt rulers that screw the people and flee the country after 1 term. Israel is not an oppressive neighboring regime, the Hamas controlled Gaza Strip is. Don't forget that Egypt also has a wall around Gaza and a checkpoint to enter the country just as Israel does. Israel gives much aid to Gaza. The reason why they have the wall, have border checkpoints, and preform defensive military actions in the Strip is because it is currently government by the insane Hamas terrorist group. This group encourages children to kill Jews, to die the martyrs death in suicide attacks. They themselves rob the Palestinians of aid and murder those who disagree with them. Their primary goal is to destroy Israel and take the entire nation (and the Fatah controlled West Bank) to be their nation. Israel is hit by rockets from Hamas, and many border cities are forced to have bomb shelters due to the rocket fire.
    My point is that while "Holocaust" may be a bit of a hyperbole, it does relate the relevant imagery: jackbooted thugs coming in the night to kill and murder the common citizenry of a people.
    I agree that it doesn't relate to relevant imagery. My point was that the Jews are not the only one who use the Holocaust to defend Israel. Many Palestinians and anti-Israeli groups advocate that there is a Palestinian Holocaust and they abuse it too.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #138
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I nearly fell of my chair.

    Saying that a specific ethnicity/race are "controlling the media" is pretty much preaching on a conspiracy theory, you are saying that there are a group of people united by their Jewish background who conspirate together to control and manipulate the media.
    Ok, for one I'm pretty sure conspirate isn't a word. For another saying a group controls something does not in any way suggest a conspiracy.

    As I said that's the definition of the term.
    Denial is indeed the refusal to recognize the existence of something, and in this case the existence of the fact that 5-6 million Jews have been systematically excecuted by the Nazis during the Holocaust.
    Except it is not considered a fact, but an estimate.

    So he has overestimated the figures of one camp, that doesn't mean that he didn't underestimate the figures on other areas, and you give no further indication of overestimates of his on the rest of the death toll.
    Well, I'm finding it difficult to find his estimates regarding the other camps. As far as indications the figures on killings by the Einsatzgruppen vary, but it seems this was also likely overestimated. There is no indication that he underestimated the toll.

    Nevertheless the different estimations vary from 5.1 million to 5.9 million, and the generally accepted figure by historians was and is 5.9 million, and not Raul's figure of 5.1 million.
    There is not much in the way of a generally-accepted figure. Most who show 6 million go with census adjustments that are really poor methods.

    It said systematically, yes, but all those who were killed in the gas chambers were executed systematically, so I don't see your point.
    I believe the point was that they were the only other group singled out for destruction.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  9. #139
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Ok, for one I'm pretty sure conspirate isn't a word. For another saying a group controls something does not in any way suggest a conspiracy.
    Conspire would be the word I was looking for, yes.
    However claiming that a single ethnicity/race is in control of something like the media is indeed a conspiracy theory.
    It was one of the main anti-Semitic claims coming from the Nazis at their times, that Jews are controlling great parts of the media, the banking system etc. and that Jews have used this control to betray the German Empire during the first world war, and that this was the reason for the German defeat.

    Except it is not considered a fact, but an estimate.
    It is the most accurate estimate according to the majority of the historians, of course the figure would probably not be deadly accurate, hence the statement that the figure is "just under six million".

    Well, I'm finding it difficult to find his estimates regarding the other camps. As far as indications the figures on killings by the Einsatzgruppen vary, but it seems this was also likely overestimated. There is no indication that he underestimated the toll.

    There is not much in the way of a generally-accepted figure. Most who show 6 million go with census adjustments that are really poor methods.
    Why would it seem like "this was also likely overestimated"? What's your basis?
    And no, there are clearly indications that his toll was underestimated. After all there's a reason why his is the lowest estimation.

    I believe the point was that they were the only other group singled out for destruction.
    Yes, destruction by the gas chambers.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Stone is an interesting filmmaker, too. He's made a valuable contribution to public discourse on a number of topics. It's no mark against him that he's inspired some hatred and ridicule in the process.
    It's a mark against him that he's a Jew hating POS conspiracy theorist who is probably the single biggest reason why so many people don't believe a radical communist former marine sharp shooter didn't kill JFK despite all the evidence pointing directly to him.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •