Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 204

Thread: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in Conte

  1. #121
    יותר מקומץ
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    תל אביב
    Last Seen
    02-01-12 @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    865

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    I still see older people in Israel with the tattoos on their arms. The lucky oneís perhaps? Perhaps not. They were not people, merely numbers to be crunched in Hitlerís death camps. I lost over 200 of my extended family to the Einsatzgruppen. Youíve all seen the grainy black and white pictures of them. Row upon row of naked men, women, and children being machine gunned into mass pits. Ukraine is chock full of elevated mounds which mark the pits. You see, gasses released by decomposing bodies cause the earth to swell and rise.

    I never bring up the Holocaust on this board. Iíll sometimes respond with a post in an existing thread such as this. I donít beat anyone over the head about it, and neither do any of the other Jews on this board. But I do get highly annoyed at those who expect me to shutty-uppy because it didnít effect them or theirs and they are tired of hearing about it. Well too bad. Itís a dark passage in human history and I hope and pray that itís-like never befalls any of you or anyone else for that matter. And the best way to accomplish this mercy is to never forget the horrible roads we have traveled. Armenia, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Bosnia, Rwanda, Sudan...

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Honestly, I have never personally heard a pro-Israel Jew bring up the Holocaust in order to justify military actions. They usually argue that it is a national security issue (which it is). I'm not Jewish, but I am pro-Israel and I don't use the Holocaust as a straw man to justify what Israel may do. I hold my beliefs because I recognize that Israel is only protecting themselves or enforcing their laws.

    On the flip side, the largest abusers the Holocaust are the Palestinians and those who support them. I can't tell you how many times they cry and talk about how there is a Palestinian Holocaust, or how Gaza is a concentration camp. They compare Jews to Nazis and the Palestinians to the murdered Jews.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think most people are moving away from the Holocaust because there is a growing anti-semitic and anti-Israeli attitude spawning around the world. Many will believe it because Ahmedinejad openly states that the Holocaust didn't happen. Others because Hamas refuses to teach that it happened and also deny it. Apologists for Iran and Hamas typically don't want to admit that the group they support is insane and racist.
    Totally agree with you on this one. It does stand to mention that there is a huge distinction between bat**** crazy holocaust denial, a la Ahmedemontard, and those who study the event in detail looking for discrepancies between the hype and what actually can be proven. In fact, I don't consider a healthy skepticism to be actual holocaust denial but clearly, from reading this thread, others are quick to say otherwise.

    Many who hate Israel and the Jews have a hard time accepting that the Jewish race was targeted for extermination by the Nazis and that they suffered one of the worst atrocities committed in human history. However, what I do think is also wrong would be to ignore the other victims. The Nazis targeted homosexuals, Christians (many Christians were sent to death camps for helping Jews, and much of the Polish clergy were killed as well), Gypsies, and other groups. However, the predominant group they targeted and the largest group that was killed was the Jews. If I were to change anything, it would be teaching the Holocaust as we do now, but also mention other groups that the Nazis targeted. However, I do believe Holocaust denial is typically rooted in some anti-Israel or anti-semitic bigotry.
    I can appreciate that sentiment. I think it's important to talk about all the groups that were slaughtered when it comes to the Holocaust. I guess it just bugs me that the Jews have taken it upon themselves to monopolize an issue that wasn't just about them. I think that insensitivity on their parts adds to the growing anti-Jewish sentiment world wide. And the Israel problem certainly does them no favors either.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    On the flip side, the largest abusers the Holocaust are the Palestinians and those who support them. I can't tell you how many times they cry and talk about how there is a Palestinian Holocaust, or how Gaza is a concentration camp. They compare Jews to Nazis and the Palestinians to the murdered Jews.
    Well, they kinda are...

  5. #125
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayah View Post
    I never bring up the Holocaust on this board. I’ll sometimes respond with a post in an existing thread such as this. I don’t beat anyone over the head about it, and neither do any of the other Jews on this board. But I do get highly annoyed at those who expect me to shutty-uppy because it didn’t effect them or theirs and they are tired of hearing about it. Well too bad. It’s a dark passage in human history and I hope and pray that it’s-like never befalls any of you or anyone else for that matter. And the best way to accomplish this mercy is to never forget the horrible roads we have traveled. Armenia, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Bosnia, Rwanda, Sudan...
    I find it interesting that people believe that by learning about the Holocaust. Humans will be more quick to act against another genocide. There has been genocides after the Holocaust and I still see Europe sitting on its hand. The holocaust teaching has had little impact in that respect.


  6. #126
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Totally agree with you on this one. It does stand to mention that there is a huge distinction between bat**** crazy holocaust denial, a la Ahmedemontard, and those who study the event in detail looking for discrepancies between the hype and what actually can be proven. In fact, I don't consider a healthy skepticism to be actual holocaust denial but clearly, from reading this thread, others are quick to say otherwise.
    I agree with this, I have stated before in this thread that I have no problem with someone reviewing history because they have a logical reason in believing that something we know about the Holocaust may be false. However, I feel these people are few in number, and most who want to revise history do so from an ideological standpoint.
    I can appreciate that sentiment. I think it's important to talk about all the groups that were slaughtered when it comes to the Holocaust. I guess it just bugs me that the Jews have taken it upon themselves to monopolize an issue that wasn't just about them. I think that insensitivity on their parts adds to the growing anti-Jewish sentiment world wide. And the Israel problem certainly does them no favors either.
    I can understand this, and I agree with you that the Jewish focus may make others from other groups angry or upset to see that the deaths of their ancestors/members of that group were killed as well. I think it is more historically relevant to the Jewish people as they were the primary targets, but when teaching about the Holocaust they should include the other targeted and victimized groups. The non-Jewish deaths should not be ignored or forgotten. On my state's capitol hill, there are 6 cedar trees that represent the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust. That was an atrocity and I respect what my state is doing, but I also feel they should include another one in order to remember the lives of non-Jews who were killed. I don't think deaths should deserve special treatment simply because of the racial/religious group someone belonged to while they were living.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I find it interesting that people believe that by learning about the Holocaust. Humans will be more quick to act against another genocide. There has been genocides after the Holocaust and I still see Europe sitting on its hand. The holocaust teaching has had little impact in that respect.
    Probably because we're still too busy fluffing the Jews over their holocaust to even think to look at the ones going on around us now.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Probably because we're still too busy fluffing the Jews over their holocaust to even think to look at the ones going on around us now.
    Ofc humans will still stand by another genocide
    The Holocaust is so important in the world because it occurred in Europe. Because it occurred in the enlightened West.
    If 6 million Africans died, no one would care imo
    Last edited by Laila; 07-28-10 at 02:18 PM.


  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well, they kinda are...
    They live in terrible conditions, but they aren't a target for extermination and they are in that situation not because they are being oppressed, but because they have an oppressive government. There are far worse places around the world. Haiti is a good example. I went to Haiti on a mission trip in the summer of 2007. Before the earthquake pretty much no one new that Haiti existed. Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere, and their living conditions are worse than the Palestinians in Gaza. Are they also victims of a Holocaust?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ofc humans will still stand by another genocide
    The Holocaust is so important in the world because it occurred in Europe. Because it occurred in the enlightened West.
    If 6 million Africans died, no one would care imo
    I think it's time to break out this post again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    I've pointed this out earlier on the thread, but it bears repeating: the Jews are not working harder than any other group to stress the horror their people went through. They're just the most successful, for a number of reasons:
    -The purpetrator, Germany, is now on their side. Contrast this with, say, the Armenians, whose unwavering attempts to make more known that about two-thirds of them were slaughtered by the Turks, the Turkish lobby continues to do all it can to defy.
    -The sheer number of them that died. By a huge margin they suffered the worst genocide of all time, and by an even larger margin they were the largest group that Hitler put to death.
    -Hitler was already widely considered a monstrous figure before the Holocaust was even widely known. It's much easier to notice a mass killing when it's done by someone you already hate to begin with.

    [...]

    As I already said, when people don't know or don't care about history, it is doomed to repeat itself. Before the Holocaust, genocides went mostly ignored and unnoticed; now, though they still happen, they are recognized for the monstrosity that they are. It's at least a step forwards.
    You seem to think it's all about "unrelated agendas", whatever those are... but it's just not. Maybe for some people, but most - even the ones who do try to use it to advance such agendas - just want to make sure everyone recognizes it for what it is... which might help the world move towards an environment where it can never happen again.
    Since nobody seemed to notice the first time, even though both points keep coming up.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •