Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 204

Thread: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in Conte

  1. #111
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    And so far you are the only person I've heard of who has gotten sick of hearing about it, so that's a trend I have yet to see.
    You do get desensitized to the Holocaust.
    I don't think there is anything about the Holocaust that can shock when you learn about the holocaust in Primary school for years 5 and 6 and then in Secondary school years 7, 8, 10 and 11. Every year some sort of remembrance ceremony where you learn it for that week.
    When the generation who fought and lived during that chapter of history dies, I think some sort of line has to be drawn personally
    Last edited by Laila; 07-28-10 at 01:41 PM.


  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    When the generation who fought and lived during that chapter of history dies, I think some sort of line has to be drawn personally
    That is precisely what I was trying to say. You just said it much better and succinctly.

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    I don't have a problem teaching about the Holocaust as much as they do. It's a very dark time in history, and their deaths deserve to be remembered. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard in some UK schools they don't teach the Holocaust because they fear it may offend Muslim students (for whatever reason, I don't know). The point is that we should still teach about the Holocaust, especially amidst a growing anti-semitic Holocaust denial movement.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard in some UK schools they don't teach the Holocaust because they fear it may offend Muslim students (for whatever reason, I don't know).
    There is no choice of not learning the Holocaust in UK schools.
    Muslim or not, you have to sit through the lessons


  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I don't have a problem teaching about the Holocaust as much as they do. It's a very dark time in history, and their deaths deserve to be remembered. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard in some UK schools they don't teach the Holocaust because they fear it may offend Muslim students (for whatever reason, I don't know). The point is that we should still teach about the Holocaust, especially amidst a growing anti-semitic Holocaust denial movement.
    Why do you think people are moving more toward denying the Holocaust?

  6. #116
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    You do get desensitized to the Holocaust.
    I don't think there is anything about the Holocaust that can shock when you learn about the holocaust in Primary school for years 5 and 6 and then in Secondary school years 7, 8, 10 and 11. Every year some sort of remembrance ceremony where you learn it for that week.
    When the generation who fought and lived during that chapter of history dies, I think some sort of line has to be drawn personally
    There's a half-hour documentary by Alan Resnais called Night and Fog, which shocked me when I saw it. You do hear about the Holocaust all your life, but a film like that suddenly makes you see that you've barely understood a hint of the reality.

    What bothers me is how it's politicized and cynically used to fend off criticism of injustices that are happening right now in the present. If that was Stone's point, he's absolutely right.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 07-28-10 at 01:53 PM.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    There's a half-hour documentary by Alan Resnais called Night and Fog, which shocked me when I saw it. You do hear about the Holocaust all your life, but a film like that suddenly makes you see that you haven't experienced a hint of the reality.

    What bothers me is how it's politicized and cynically used to fend off criticism of injustices that are happening right now in the present. If that was Stone's point, he's absolutely right.
    Exactly. Every time Israel races its tanks up and down Palestinian streets and parks one of their missiles in some Palestinian family's one room hovel, they scream Holocaust as if that makes what they are doing now ok. But it is true, the abused often become monsters themselves...

  8. #118
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    There's a half-hour documentary by Alan Resnais called Night and Fog, which shocked me when I saw it. You do hear about the Holocaust all your life, but a film like that suddenly makes you see that you've barely understood a hint of the reality.
    Thanks, I'll look for it now to watch.


  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    There is no choice of not learning the Holocaust in UK schools.
    Muslim or not, you have to sit through the lessons
    That's good. Everyone should learn about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Why do you think people are moving more toward denying the Holocaust?
    I think most people are moving away from the Holocaust because there is a growing anti-semitic and anti-Israeli attitude spawning around the world. Many will believe it because Ahmedinejad openly states that the Holocaust didn't happen. Others because Hamas refuses to teach that it happened and also deny it. Apologists for Iran and Hamas typically don't want to admit that the group they support is insane and racist. Many who hate Israel and the Jews have a hard time accepting that the Jewish race was targeted for extermination by the Nazis and that they suffered one of the worst atrocities committed in human history. However, what I do think is also wrong would be to ignore the other victims. The Nazis targeted homosexuals, Christians (many Christians were sent to death camps for helping Jews, and much of the Polish clergy were killed as well), Gypsies, and other groups. However, the predominant group they targeted and the largest group that was killed was the Jews. If I were to change anything, it would be teaching the Holocaust as we do now, but also mention other groups that the Nazis targeted. However, I do believe Holocaust denial is typically rooted in some anti-Israel or anti-semitic bigotry.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #120
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    What? Where the hell are you getting that? If someone said "white people control the media" no one would automatically assume I was talking about some sort of conspiracy.
    I nearly fell of my chair.

    Saying that a specific ethnicity/race are "controlling the media" is pretty much preaching on a conspiracy theory, you are saying that there are a group of people united by their Jewish background who conspirate together to control and manipulate the media.

    How does it fit the term? Denial means suggesting something does not exist.
    As I said that's the definition of the term.
    Denial is indeed the refusal to recognize the existence of something, and in this case the existence of the fact that 5-6 million Jews have been systematically excecuted by the Nazis during the Holocaust.

    Sure:





    Source: Wikipedia


    This is focusing just on the camps, as opposed to the figures for deaths in the ghettos and killings by the Einsatzgruppen, which were likely also overstated. Granted I think Hilberg's figures are close, especially as it concerns the camps, but he made these estimates decades ago before some information came to light.
    So he has overestimated the figures of one camp, that doesn't mean that he didn't underestimate the figures on other areas, and you give no further indication of overestimates of his on the rest of the death toll.
    Nevertheless the different estimations vary from 5.1 million to 5.9 million, and the generally accepted figure by historians was and is 5.9 million, and not Raul's figure of 5.1 million.

    It didn't say that
    It said systematically, yes, but all those who were killed in the gas chambers were executed systematically, so I don't see your point.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •