Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 153

Thread: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would bet very few. Schools are bled pretty dry. If anything, it would be in administration costs. Good luck with that.
    Funny the last few years I see schools adding on to their buildings. Yet you claim no money for teachers

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Funny the last few years I see schools adding on to their buildings. Yet you claim no money for teachers
    Like at hospitals, money for building usually come from some other place, forbidden to be used to pay teachers or anyother bill.

    However, that isn't what I claimed at all. I claimed that nothing involving a school goes down, and that the largest area that can be controlled is teacher pay, thus teachers get cut during hard times.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like at hospitals, money for building usually come from some other place, forbidden to be used to pay teachers or anyother bill.

    However, that isn't what I claimed at all. I claimed that nothing involving a school goes down, and that the largest area that can be controlled is teacher pay, thus teachers get cut during hard times.
    Then the majority is at fault for not directing enough money to teachers

  4. #134
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, they really don't. The worse type of measuremnt is the stnadardized test. And at best, it can only show how an individual student is doing. It really can't measure the instructor. Unlike a shoe, children act independently, have other factors other than the teacher and the school effecting their potential outcomes. A great teacher can look worse than a poor teacher based on the conditions and student population they work in. And tests, like we see with NCLB, can be dumbed down to make things look better while actually being worse.
    So are you saying that parents are completely helpless when trying to figure out what the best school would be for their child so they need the government to make the choice for them? Do you really believe that?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    So are you saying that parents are completely helpless when trying to figure out what the best school would be for their child so they need the government to make the choice for them? Do you really believe that?
    No. But many won't even look. And no where did I say the government needed to make the choice. Where you live makes the choice, even with open enrollment. If you live in Mississippi you can't go to a school in Iowa, realistically. The best chance for the most students is to work on fixing all schools. And we don' need the catering to the poor the market place too often does, whihc would be the "rent to own" version of education.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then the majority is at fault for not directing enough money to teachers
    Maybe, but costs have to be cut somewhere, and it won't be in utility or maintance costs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #137
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. But many won't even look. And no where did I say the government needed to make the choice. Where you live makes the choice, even with open enrollment. If you live in Mississippi you can't go to a school in Iowa, realistically. The best chance for the most students is to work on fixing all schools. And we don' need the catering to the poor the market place too often does, whihc would be the "rent to own" version of education.
    Right now, without vouchers or anything like that, it is the government making the choice about what school you go to. The best chance we have is to give good schools all of the business so that competition forces higher quality.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #138
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Right now, without vouchers or anything like that, it is the government making the choice about what school you go to. The best chance we have is to give good schools all of the business so that competition forces higher quality.
    No. Your neighbor hood decides that. You go to school where you live, and what you can afford. Like medicine, and I think I explained why, the market doesn't work. The market works for profit, not standards. Profit can be gained by lowering standards. We can see in the market people will pay for crap.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #139
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Your neighbor hood decides that. You go to school where you live, and what you can afford. Like medicine, and I think I explained why, the market doesn't work. The market works for profit, not standards. Profit can be gained by lowering standards. We can see in the market people will pay for crap.
    People don't buy from places with no standards. To get profit, you need standards.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #140
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    How does a bailout that Ford did not take save ford?

    Reid Says this after he said Illegals do not work construction in Nevada. He also says his energy bill is not cap and trade and that is not in his vocabulary. Reid is showing he can not be trusted and he is not believable.
    All politicians are opportunistic liars with a gift of gab. They have to be to get elected.
    The only reason they can get away with is... Dumb, gullible voters.

    ricksfolly

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •