Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 153

Thread: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't know any in a union, so I can't say. But I can say you can want teachers in our schools and not do it for union votes.
    Obama is always thinking of unions.So because you don't know any that means something?

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama is always thinking of unions.So because you don't know any that means something?
    No, it means nothing at all, which is why I said, "so I can'rt say." The important sentence was the second one: But I can say you can want teachers in our schools and not do it for union votes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it means nothing at all, which is why I said, "so I can'rt say." The important sentence was the second one: But I can say you can want teachers in our schools and not do it for union votes.
    Obama owes the unions

  4. #114
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama owes the unions
    And republicans owe big business. So, we can never see any other motives but our stereotypes? Is that where we are at?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What's the lie about the stimulus? Jobs were saved. I showed those saved in education in another thread.
    The Obama can point to very few jobs and claim that they "saved" them. The main lie was the fear tactic of saying "if we don't pass thus, unemployment will rise! If we do pass this it will not go above 8%!" Right now the unemployment rate is at 9.5% and has been as high as 10.1%. Obama's stimulus was a massive failure, and we are constantly seeing horror stories where tons of cash is being thrown at special interests and wasteful spending.
    But, as you say, both parties exaggerate. We know that. And it means very little. We can make good judgement despite that because we know it.
    This is true, but what the Democrats have done is factually incorrect, and this has many people angry over the stimulus and Obama's approach at job creation.
    However, the point is we want our leaders to do something. And that is what they have done, have always done, and will always do. For them, they are mostly dammed if the do and damned if they don't. But more so if they don't.
    I think America would be better off if Obama did nothing, if the healthcare bill didn't pass and if the stimulus didn't pass. It would have been best to reduce spending, cut taxes, and let the economy grow with less restraint during a time of economic crisis. Government action is not always the answer, and in many cases it is the problem.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The Obama can point to very few jobs and claim that they "saved" them. The main lie was the fear tactic of saying "if we don't pass thus, unemployment will rise! If we do pass this it will not go above 8%!" Right now the unemployment rate is at 9.5% and has been as high as 10.1%. Obama's stimulus was a massive failure, and we are constantly seeing horror stories where tons of cash is being thrown at special interests and wasteful spending.

    This is true, but what the Democrats have done is factually incorrect, and this has many people angry over the stimulus and Obama's approach at job creation.

    I think America would be better off if Obama did nothing, if the healthcare bill didn't pass and if the stimulus didn't pass. It would have been best to reduce spending, cut taxes, and let the economy grow with less restraint during a time of economic crisis. Government action is not always the answer, and in many cases it is the problem.
    Again, I have show education jobs saved. There is no question about them. Some were saved. Even if we debate how many, there is no dispute that some were saved. I haven't looked any place else, but there is a liklihood that were money went, someone probably stayed a while longer.

    Sure, our leaders hype there cases. There was this Bush fellow who once said Saddam was growing and gathering. It was clearly false. Anyone who would look would see it. But, we went to war anyway.

    Now, this doesn't justify either lying, but we know they will streatch things at best. At least this lie didn't cost thousands of lives for next to nothing.

    BTW, you do know stimulus spending isn't new? Right/

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And republicans owe big business. So, we can never see any other motives but our stereotypes? Is that where we are at?
    Big business is in both parties

  8. #118
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Big business is in both parties
    You miss the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, I have show education jobs saved. There is no question about them. Some were saved. Even if we debate how many, there is no dispute that some were saved. I haven't looked any place else, but there is a liklihood that were money went, someone probably stayed a while longer.

    Sure, our leaders hype there cases. There was this Bush fellow who once said Saddam was growing and gathering. It was clearly false. Anyone who would look would see it. But, we went to war anyway.

    Now, this doesn't justify either lying, but we know they will streatch things at best. At least this lie didn't cost thousands of lives for next to nothing.

    BTW, you do know stimulus spending isn't new? Right/
    It may be a fallacy that the stimulus saved teachers jobs. I say this because we do not know what the alternative would have been with no stimulus for the states. Perhaps the states and towns would have found other places to cut. Politicians used teacher cuts because they know that is a sensitive area. The Obama people are great in using their own scare tactics just like the Bush people did.

    You are correct that at least these distortions did not cost lives and treasure, just treasure. So Obama wins the relative cost of lie battle, but in my view he is still a liar/distorter of the facts.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    It may be a fallacy that the stimulus saved teachers jobs. I say this because we do not know what the alternative would have been with no stimulus for the states. Perhaps the states and towns would have found other places to cut. Politicians used teacher cuts because they know that is a sensitive area. The Obama people are great in using their own scare tactics just like the Bush people did.

    You are correct that at least these distortions did not cost lives and treasure, just treasure. So Obama wins the relative cost of lie battle, but in my view he is still a liar/distorter of the facts.
    Yes, money may have fallen from the sky. We know. But, we do know where the stimulus money has ended, and I linked this earlier, tose jobs ended when the money ended. No money fell and saved them. Lost. And it appears more losses are coming.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •