Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 153

Thread: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Toyota felt similar shocks to demand; for the first time in their existence, they reported a net loss.
    Had nothing to do with defects?

  2. #102
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Had nothing to do with defects?
    Not so much no

    Auto sales in the US went from around 15 million a year to 10 million a year. That is a massive decrease in revenues for the autocompanies. If I am not mistaken only three companies may have seen sales increase Hyundai/ Kia and Ford. For
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think we can handle the truth, we just don't want to hear it This problem stems from both sides of the isle. Regardless, we see Harry Reid clearly lying, and we know Obama has lied about the stimulus. They make these false claims that are borderline propaganda. Their default tone is that the bailouts and stimulus has saved us all, when in reality they don't know what they are talking about.
    What's the lie about the stimulus? Jobs were saved. I showed those saved in education in another thread.

    But, as you say, both parties exaggerate. We know that. And it means very little. We can make good judgement despite that because we know it.

    However, the point is we want our leaders to do something. And that is what they have done, have always done, and will always do. For them, they are mostly dammed if the do and damned if they don't. But more so if they don't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    actually wasn't it the oversea's sells revenue that saved Ford, they did the right thing and invested in places like China.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What's the lie about the stimulus? Jobs were saved. I showed those saved in education in another thread.

    But, as you say, both parties exaggerate. We know that. And it means very little. We can make good judgement despite that because we know it.

    However, the point is we want our leaders to do something. And that is what they have done, have always done, and will always do. For them, they are mostly dammed if the do and damned if they don't. But more so if they don't.
    Obama saved union jobs for votes. So it is not about jobs for Obama but about votes and politics

  6. #106
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama saved union jobs for votes. So it is not about jobs for Obama but about votes and politics
    You know, none of the teachers where I'm at are in any union. Yet, their jobs were saved. Seriously, I think you're just too cynical for your own good.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You know, none of the teachers where I'm at are in any union. Yet, their jobs were saved. Seriously, I think you're just too cynical for your own good.
    Most teachers have a union

  8. #108
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Most teachers have a union
    I don't know any in a union, so I can't say. But I can say you can want teachers in our schools and not do it for union votes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #109
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Toyota felt similar shocks to demand; for the first time in their existence, they reported a net loss.
    I know, but net loss =/= imminent threat of bankruptcy.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  10. #110
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,151

    Re: Harry Reid: Auto Bailout Probably Saved Ford

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    correction. Certain republicans would have done them, yes McCain so you are right there. but nah, if they cant hang they should fold
    1
    You live in a fantasy world. Do you have any idea what that would have done to the fragile economy of Q1 2010? The auto industry (including its supply chain) is almost 10% of GDP, and a huge, huge part of the GDP of the mid-west. Talk about too big to fail. If those companies had collasped, so would have our economy. Bush/Obama did the right thing. It is almost intellectually dishonest to have a legitimate argument to the contrary, given the US stands to get its money back, we have one very healthy company in GM and we have millions less on unemployment, particularly in the midwest.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •