Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

  1. #41
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Simple questions. What would you call a tax day tea party if it was put on by a company called FNC?
    I'd call it.... wait for it.... "non-existent"




    If you were going to make a post covering a tea party that someone else put on, you just happened to be there, would you call it REV's tax day tea party?

    You realize how stupid it would be of you to call it that if it wasn't being put on by you, right?

    I'd quit handing out those fail pails if I were you. You're gonna need a few for yourself


    Depends I guess on how much screen real-estate I had.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #42
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I'd call it.... wait for it.... "non-existent"








    Depends I guess on how much screen real-estate I had.
    You're ability to ignore the facts are astounding

    Putting your name on something means something. It's laying claim to it.

    You can argue that they didn't put on those tea parties and that it was silly to put their companies name in front of it, but you can't argue that they didn't make the claim or that putting your name on something isn't laying claim to it.

  3. #43
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You're ability to ignore the facts are astounding

    Putting your name on something means something. It's laying claim to it.

    You can argue that they didn't put on those tea parties and that it was silly to put their companies name in front of it, but you can't argue that they didn't make the claim or that putting your name on something isn't laying claim to it.


    unless you have the video that shows the banner in context, it's dishonest to assume that one picture of an instant banner splash was fox news purposefully laying claim to the tea party.

    It's a super weak argument.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #44
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post


    Of course, putting your companies name in front of it doesn't mean you're laying claim to it or anything crazy like that, lol. Just being fair and balanced.
    Somebody had to cover the news. The other networks were ignoring it, then eventually, when that didn't work, they belittled it. Was that fair?

  5. #45
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggae_6 View Post
    Well, I think we also have to remember that the Tea Party is not a political party at all or wasn't. So why did they deserve national coverage?
    It's called news. They do have a few more members than Code Pink.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggae_6 View Post
    liberals are so nice and tolerant

  7. #47
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    unless you have the video that shows the banner in context, it's dishonest to assume that one picture of an instant banner splash was fox news purposefully laying claim to the tea party.

    It's a super weak argument.
    That would be dishonest... unless the banner said "FNC tax day tea parties".

    That was beautiful pivot right there rev. Did you play quarter back in highschool?

    I understand that conservatives can't criticize fox news, but in this one instance you can't really make the argument that Fox wasn't toeing that line at the very least of covering the tea parties and sponsoring the tea parties. They ran that banner for a week straight on various shows, had numerous hosts, opinion and otherwise, ask for people to come out and join the tea parties, where you could go to find the closest one to you, held a virtual tea party on their website for those who couldn't drive out to an actual tea party, hosted various tea party officials like Mark Williams of tea party express numerous times to advertise their movement etc.

    The very least you could argue is that they were cheerleading this movement, not covering, but cheerleading. At the most, which I find much more likely, they were actually behind the scenes organizing at least in part some of these parties.

  8. #48
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Somebody had to cover the news. The other networks were ignoring it, then eventually, when that didn't work, they belittled it. Was that fair?
    Just like fox news belittled anti-war protests?

    I'm not arguing that all media is fair, but I'm sure if you're honest about it you understand that other media outlets being liberally biased doesn't automatically make a conservative slant unbiased, right?

    Some places gave them some coverage. Not nearly as much as fox, because quite frankly they didn't deserve that much. No movement has ever had that much advertising and coverage and support from the media as the tea parties had.

    BTW, I don't care that fox isn't balanced or that they cheerleaded for the tea parties, I say let them do whatever the hell they want, but to act like they impartially covered these events just doesn't match up with what really happened.

  9. #49
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    That would be dishonest... unless the banner said "FNC tax day tea parties".

    That was beautiful pivot right there rev. Did you play quarter back in highschool?






    Context. you need some.





    I understand that conservatives can't criticize fox news, but in this one instance you can't really make the argument that Fox wasn't toeing that line at the very least of covering the tea parties and sponsoring the tea parties. They ran that banner for a week straight on various shows, had numerous hosts, opinion and otherwise, ask for people to come out and join the tea parties, where you could go to find the closest one to you, held a virtual tea party on their website for those who couldn't drive out to an actual tea party, hosted various tea party officials like Mark Williams of tea party express numerous times to advertise their movement etc.

    FOX like all cable and tv news sucks. now that we have your strawman out of the way there are several issues with your points.

    1. links? non biased ones please.

    2. quotes? from non biased sources please...



    The very least you could argue is that they were cheerleading this movement, not covering, but cheerleading. At the most, which I find much more likely, they were actually behind the scenes organizing at least in part some of these parties.


    I thought they covered it more favorably than MSNBC, but that's hardly something to cry over. suggesting as you did that they held thier own tea party's is dishonest.





    I told you you would need a bigger bucket.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #50
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Tea Party has their first Congressional Caucus brought to you by Bachmann

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post




    Context. you need some.






    FOX like all cable and tv news sucks. now that we have your strawman out of the way there are several issues with your points.

    1. links? non biased ones please.

    2. quotes? from non biased sources please...






    I thought they covered it more favorably than MSNBC, but that's hardly something to cry over. suggesting as you did that they held thier own tea party's is dishonest.





    I told you you would need a bigger bucket.
    Tell me exactly what you think I'm making up.
    They ran that banner for a week straight on various shows, had numerous hosts, opinion and otherwise, ask for people to come out and join the tea parties, where you could go to find the closest one to you, held a virtual tea party on their website for those who couldn't drive out to an actual tea party, hosted various tea party officials like Mark Williams of tea party express numerous times to advertise their movement etc.
    Which part of those claims do you not believe? I'm not going to spend all day finding links for stuff that is readily available to anyone with google for you because in the past when I do go to the trouble to bring you links you ignore them and act as if some quip is an actual response.

    What point to take offense to? The virtual tea party that they held online? That they hosted tea party officials numerous times? Told people where to go to find the closest tea party?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •