Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

  1. #111
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    joke Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And I'd fire you again. Twice. And then take the rest of the team out to lunch, telling them that your former salary was footing the bill. You know, just to bring everyone together around a common point of humor.
    Pay attention:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane
    The boss that I tattled on for activity that was improper for the work place eventually got in the President of the companies face. He filled his box that afternoon.
    You are the box filler. How are you going to fire me after you are let go?

  2. #112
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What a stupid law. If someone's conduct is truly offensive and counter productive, then the boss has the authority to fire him. No need for the government to pass a law that prohibits "bullying" in the workplace. I smell new lawsuits and TV adds prompting people to sue because Stan cut you in line at the water fountain. The boss has the authority to run his business, and he can fire whoever he wants to.
    I agree. No need for the law. I've been trying to explain how it really works without the need for a law. Of course, Jallman has fired me five times in a row. I guess it just won't stick.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Pay attention:

    You are the box filler. How are you going to fire me after you are let go?
    Pay attention:

    I have full confidence that I wouldn't end up fired. And if I had found out you were responsible for doing that to another manager and you worked in my department, you would have followed him out the door.

  4. #114
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Pay attention:

    I have full confidence that I wouldn't end up fired. And if I had found out you were responsible for doing that to another manager and you worked in my department, you would have followed him out the door.
    You wouldn't know. But for fun, let's say HR leaked the info to you. "Watch out what you say and do around that Shane character".

    How would you fire me? You'd need a reason. Insubordination to another department's manager? That would sound pretty lame, especially considering that the guy had just received the 'ol heave ho. You're just trying to build yourself up as the axeman that you really aren't in person. Fantasy?

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    You wouldn't know. But for fun, let's say HR leaked the info to you. "Watch out what you say and do around that Shane character".

    How would you fire me? You'd need a reason. Insubordination to another department's manager? That would sound pretty lame, especially considering that the guy had just received the 'ol heave ho. You're just trying to build yourself up as the axeman that you really aren't in person. Fantasy?
    Heh, you keep thinking whatever you want, pal. I hate firing people, but when its time to do it, it's time to do it. And the member of my team that shows the kind of spineless behavior it takes to run to HR over petty squabbles instead of settling their differences like adults has no place on my team. Most organizations I have ever worked at would not tolerate your behavior...you would be "that guy".

    And that's fine because "that guy" can be gotten rid of easily. And no, insubordination to management is just that regardless of what departments you are in. Rank and file and all that.

    And call my philosophy fantasy if you wish. Just know that I smirk at the fact that you are and probably always will be so low on the totem pole that crying to HR is about the only way you would ever have a lasting effect on your organization.
    Last edited by jallman; 08-13-10 at 01:19 PM.

  6. #116
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    OK, I think we can derive:
    Jallman is a pro-workplace-bully. A real Prince of a guy.

    I'm low on the totem pole like a prole. Jallman, you just keep on grabbing people, hollering at people in front of others, and generally using your position to Lord over those who you feel are beneath you for a reason. The lesser people.

    I voted in the income poll. You can't afford me and living in LA is out of the question. Hereby, I decline your measly offer of employment.

  7. #117
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You're that much of a wuss? Jesus Christ, sometimes people don't do their job and you have to yell at them a bit. ****ing get over it. If you don't want to get yelled at, don't do a piss poor job; that's all there is to it. But sometimes it happens and just because it happens doesn't mean that people should get their damned underwear in a knot. I work in research facilities, and there's always yelling in some form. Equipment breaking or programs failing things like that. Also, so PIs will yell at their post-docs and grad students if they aren't putting in at least 14 hours per day 7 days a week.

    There can be just yelling for the sake of yelling, and maybe people can work on that. But sometimes a worker gets chewed out when they mess up or under perform and that's that. You may call it unprofessional, but it's also unprofessional to not do your job and cost your employer money.
    I guarantee you that your office or workplace is not as efficient as someone else's.

    It's more professional to let someone go if they're not working out than it is to yell at them.

    Place I worked at about 15 years ago, they brought in a new manager who was "ruthless" - productivity dropped and within a year, a department with 27 employees had 3 left and they were forced to retrain a whole new class. My sister still works for the company. That department never recovered and still has a 60% turnover rate.

    Bad management costs companies money. Only piss-poor managers need to yell at people to get productivity. If you pay your employees well and earn their respect, you'll have a good workforce.

    There are a lot of people out there who think they're good managers, when really, they just jerks who get off on their power.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    OK, I think we can derive:
    Jallman is a pro-workplace-bully. A real Prince of a guy.

    I'm low on the totem pole like a prole. Jallman, you just keep on grabbing people, hollering at people in front of others, and generally using your position to Lord over those who you feel are beneath you for a reason. The lesser people.

    I voted in the income poll. You can't afford me and living in LA is out of the question. Hereby, I decline your measly offer of employment.
    Ummm, if you'd bothered to read, you would notice that I had made it clear I don't yell at my guys. In fact, I made it VERY clear that I am pretty hands off. The only thing I took exception to is the tactic you claim to take when you get all butthurt at work.

    But see, you didn't read well and that lack of attention to detail is precisely why you would never get an offer of employment from me, champ.

  9. #119
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Ummm, if you'd bothered to read, you would notice that I had made it clear I don't yell at my guys. In fact, I made it VERY clear that I am pretty hands off. The only thing I took exception to is the tactic you claim to take when you get all butthurt at work.

    But see, you didn't read well and that lack of attention to detail is precisely why you would never get an offer of employment from me, champ.
    I read your posts properly. You are not the workplace bully in this scenario. The guy that I tattled on was, and I mean really was, a workplace bully. I don't get butthurt. I get results. It's your sticking up for a bad guy that I don't quite understand. Do you not believe that the good hard working folks on your team get to have a say on how things go where you work? Should I have waited for this moron in the parking lot? No. My means were correctly used as well defined in the workplace system. I suppose you think that sexual harassment victims in the workplace are just butthurt. Perhaps you are just afraid that someone below you could be a factor in your discharge. Maybe you aren't really the world's best boss.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Laws Target Workplace Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I read your posts properly. You are not the workplace bully in this scenario. The guy that I tattled on was, and I mean really was, a workplace bully. I don't get butthurt. I get results. It's your sticking up for a bad guy that I don't quite understand. Do you not believe that the good hard working folks on your team get to have a say on how things go where you work? Should I have waited for this moron in the parking lot? No. My means were correctly used as well defined in the workplace system. I suppose you think that sexual harassment victims in the workplace are just butthurt. Perhaps you are just afraid that someone below you could be a factor in your discharge. Maybe you aren't really the world's best boss.
    Or maybe you were a whiney HR crybaby and you don't like having your weaknesses pointed out to you.

    I expect my guys to come tell me when they see a problem like this and let me handle it for them. After all, it's why they pay me...to look after my department. I'm just saying, in any organization I have ever been in, people would point and laugh at you for what you did. And then, the jokes about your masculinity (or lack of it) would quickly follow. No one likes a little rat snitch who can't handle his interpersonal work relationships without needing a box of tissues to blow his nose and dry his wittle eyes while he sits across from the HR person.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •