Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 237

Thread: First rig sails away over drilling ban

  1. #91
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    OK....well why don't you and everyone who thanked your idiotic "**** your jobs" post start that movement. I'll even be generous and give you some breathing room to get your **** together before commencing. Let's set a start time of...hmmm...when the tank of gas in your car runs out. At that point, you don't fill it up again. EVER. It becomes a lawn ornament until you find an alternative fuel source and implement it. Also, your house...I expect you to cut the power to it. Right then. All the plastic containers in your house? I fully expect you will toss them all out to the recycle bin. Most of your upholstery, too. Take that siding off your house if you have it...that was made from petroleum, too. I hope you don't have any CD's or DVD's either...guess what they are made from? Didn't think about that when you were giving a standing ovation to dip****'s "**** your jobs" rant, were you?

    So yeah, **** their jobs and **** your idiotic notions that this disaster should be the impetus to force others into a lifestyle more to your liking. Leave it to a ****ing out of touch liberal to never let an opportunity to let a tragedy be used to leverage force of their twisted ideals onto others.
    Please, Jallman, it's impossible to cut out oil completely so unless you're Amish, you can't live everyday life without using products derived from oil. So I don't expect ANYONE to go cold turkey, and it's absurd to expect anyone to do so. What I want to see is a reduction in our consumption that will lead to change. New thinking, new products, and new industry... and the time to start is now.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Please, Jallman, it's impossible to cut out oil completely so unless you're Amish, you can't live everyday life without using products derived from oil. So I don't expect ANYONE to go cold turkey, and it's absurd to expect anyone to do so. What I want to see is a reduction in our consumption that will lead to change. New thinking, new products, and new industry... and the time to start is now.
    So start then. But you're still gonna need oil in the meantime. So it makes zero sense to get mouthy and arrogant and smarmy about the Louisianna oil rig worker's livelihood that has been taken away when you still consume the VERY PRODUCT he provides to you. (And by "you" I mean the editorial "you". Actually, I specifically mean that subhuman skidmark of crusted foreskin cheese, Bill Maher)

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    One in 60 years?
    Please, give details of any spill in the gulf in US waters in the last 60 years that was as big as this one.

    This outta be good.

  4. #94
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So start then. But you're still gonna need oil in the meantime. So it makes zero sense to get mouthy and arrogant and smarmy about the Louisianna oil rig worker's livelihood that has been taken away when you still consume the VERY PRODUCT he provides to you. (And by "you" I mean the editorial "you". Actually, I specifically mean that subhuman skidmark of crusted foreskin cheese, Bill Maher)
    I have for years... at least as much as I can. Thing is, as I said, it's impossible today to live in our world without using oil each and every day. I hate using oil, but I have to in today's society. I want that to change. If we all do our part, offshore drilling will not be a necessity.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I have for years... at least as much as I can. Thing is, as I said, it's impossible today to live in our world without using oil each and every day. I hate using oil, but I have to in today's society. I want that to change. If we all do our part, offshore drilling will not be a necessity.
    I agree. I just hope you understand that my exception is taken to Maher's "**** your jobs" rant and those who agreed with him while still using oil.

  6. #96
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Please, give details of any spill in the gulf in US waters in the last 60 years that was as big as this one.

    This outta be good.
    Now you add "Gulf" and "US waters" to the mix. Why don't you add "on a Sunday," too?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #97
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I agree. I just hope you understand that my exception is taken to Maher's "**** your jobs" rant and those who agreed with him while still using oil.
    He's a comedian... I thought his rant was pretty funny. And without offshore drilling, the US would still have plenty of jobs in the oil field (and enough oil to sustain it's dependency.. for the next little while, anyway).
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #98
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Please, give details of any spill in the gulf in US waters in the last 60 years that was as big as this one.

    This outta be good.
    Aren't you funny? You wanted to compare oil spills to Canada and now it has to be this big and in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #99
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Please, Jallman, it's impossible to cut out oil completely so unless you're Amish, you can't live everyday life without using products derived from oil. So I don't expect ANYONE to go cold turkey, and it's absurd to expect anyone to do so. What I want to see is a reduction in our consumption that will lead to change. New thinking, new products, and new industry... and the time to start is now.
    You can't even do it if you're Amish. You need to grease your buggy axles. There!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: First rig sails away over drilling ban

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Aren't you funny? You wanted to compare oil spills to Canada and now it has to be this big and in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Go ahead and go back and reread EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME I QUOTED it as the first oil spill of this size in the Gulf in US waters. Where the **** else would I be comparing it to? The persian Gulf? I don't give a **** what Mexico does. They don't go by the same regulations. It's called comparing apples to apples.

    You're just mad because you're wrong and I'm right.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •