Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    What's it called when someone makes a false accusation that has no basis in facts whatsoever? There are people who know me from here and two other forums and I guarantee that not even the people who don't like me can find one single post of mine that refers to the former President as anything other than "Bush" or "President Bush" - likewiise, I do not bastardize the names of Republicans or conservatives. Mostly because I think it waters down the argument and makes you look like a partisan hack. But also because it's stupid. I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology from you. You don't seem mature enough to admit when you are wrong.



    I never said I won't give a good smack down to someone who posts stupid ****. I just won't call them names.
    Thank you for proving my point. Next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. Next?
    What point is that? that you can lie your ass off about a fellow poster and then claim some sort of internet forum victory?

  3. #33
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    I NEVER mentioned social services. I said spending money on this country and not Iraq.

    You're wrong about what I would or would not do as a politician. And you missed my point. If we hadn't entered an unnecessary war in Iraq, we wouldn't be spending OUR money rebuilding THEIR country. That would be like me spending my money to refurbish my neighbor's house instead of my own. While I'm doing that, my own house is falling to pieces and I have no money to fix it because I spent it on my neighbor and now I have to borrow money because my own house is falling apart and needs to be fixed.

    Now, how are we going to get that money back?
    Bad analogy..... You are expecting that things can be refunded, a war can never be refunded, only reparations can pay back the costs. Or taxes, whichever is better... At that time, we believe that Iraq was aiding our enemies, so we went to war. If you want us to leave as soon as we defeated them, wouldn't that be another Vietnam or Korea where as soon as we retreated, all our supporters either switched sides or were killed. And since we are already there, pulling out will be our undoing... Besides, the money spent rebuilding their country is to build a relationship with Iraq in hopes it will be a strong ally. And since I am wrong on how you think as a politician, tell me... Where would you like the money to be spent?
    We the People of the United States,... provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare....
    Where did it ever say, promote for the common defence, and provide the general Welfare..... Please don't mix up the two....

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    With what Democrats are planning, that mattress as an option is looking better every day.

    Article is here.
    Obama doesn't want you punished with a savings.

  5. #35
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    It's a start, but not near enough. I won't cheer until the super rich pay 91 percent taxes, the same percentage they paid back in the 60's.

    ricksfolly
    Yeah why shouldnt the people who have worked thier butts of and made good decisions have to pay for the lazy and the dumb. What if we just taxed them 99% then we wouldnt even have to work at all. Give me a break. Why do you want to discourage people from try to succsed in life. Let me guess you are for not keeping scores in kids sports and not giving out grades in school because it is not fair to the poor lazy kids who dont want to put in the effort to get ahead.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  6. #36
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by MCS117 View Post
    Bad analogy..... You are expecting that things can be refunded, a war can never be refunded, only reparations can pay back the costs. Or taxes, whichever is better... At that time, we believe that Iraq was aiding our enemies, so we went to war. If you want us to leave as soon as we defeated them, wouldn't that be another Vietnam or Korea where as soon as we retreated, all our supporters either switched sides or were killed. And since we are already there, pulling out will be our undoing... Besides, the money spent rebuilding their country is to build a relationship with Iraq in hopes it will be a strong ally. And since I am wrong on how you think as a politician, tell me... Where would you like the money to be spent?
    It's nice of you to justify spending money we don't have on another country. But, you still haven't explained how we are to recoup the money we spent. Unless of course, we should just spend it there and cut spending here at the expense of our own schools, our fire departments, our teachers, our police, our roads, our infrastrucure. I'm sorry, but I don't understand the logic in that at all.

    As for where I want the money to be spent...that's irrelevant. I'm talking about paying down the debt already incurred. The options are to pay more in taxes or pass that debt off to our grandchildren.

  7. #37
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Yeah why shouldnt the people who have worked thier butts of and made good decisions have to pay for the lazy and the dumb. What if we just taxed them 99% then we wouldnt even have to work at all. Give me a break. Why do you want to discourage people from try to succsed in life. Let me guess you are for not keeping scores in kids sports and not giving out grades in school because it is not fair to the poor lazy kids who dont want to put in the effort to get ahead.
    And you are for allowing the rich to hide their money from the government in offshore accounts, etc and not pair their fair share?

  8. #38
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Obama doesn't want you punished with a savings.
    link please. Oh wait. You just made that up. What'd ya use for a reference manual?

  9. #39
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    It's nice of you to justify spending money we don't have on another country. But, you still haven't explained how we are to recoup the money we spent. Unless of course, we should just spend it there and cut spending here at the expense of our own schools, our fire departments, our teachers, our police, our roads, our infrastrucure. I'm sorry, but I don't understand the logic in that at all.

    As for where I want the money to be spent...that's irrelevant. I'm talking about paying down the debt already incurred. The options are to pay more in taxes or pass that debt off to our grandchildren.
    Well how about the Aid going annually to Mexico to handle the drug problem at the borders? We can cut that. How about we reform our education system to get rid of the bad ratio of administrator : teachers in the schools? That will save money for sure. Police department and fire department are actually underfunded. Roads.... now I wonder where the tax money from the gas goes to... Oh right, to fix the roads... Problem is.... they put it in general funds....

    And as to paying down the debt already incurred, lower taxes, cut a lot of spending. The war, seems we are stuck with it, so leave that to the general in charge, give him all the support he needs. Once the lower taxes improve the economy, then we tax to reduce the deficit. There is no magic pill to fix our debt, it's only if we follow the plan, which we are not....
    We the People of the United States,... provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare....
    Where did it ever say, promote for the common defence, and provide the general Welfare..... Please don't mix up the two....

  10. #40
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

    Quote Originally Posted by MCS117 View Post
    Well how about the Aid going annually to Mexico to handle the drug problem at the borders? We can cut that. How about we reform our education system to get rid of the bad ratio of administrator : teachers in the schools? That will save money for sure. Police department and fire department are actually underfunded. Roads.... now I wonder where the tax money from the gas goes to... Oh right, to fix the roads... Problem is.... they put it in general funds....

    And as to paying down the debt already incurred, lower taxes, cut a lot of spending. The war, seems we are stuck with it, so leave that to the general in charge, give him all the support he needs. Once the lower taxes improve the economy, then we tax to reduce the deficit. There is no magic pill to fix our debt, it's only if we follow the plan, which we are not....
    How much is the aid to Mexico compared to the war debt? I'm sorry if the war debt doesn't bother you. It bothers me tremendously. And someone has to pay for it somehow. You have yet to explain how that debt is to be paid. Lowering taxes isn't going to give the government more money to pay down the debt and you can't cut spending on what you've already spent.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •