Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

  1. #21
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    It's just another example of the left trying to keep blacks in their place. And people wonder why there are not more blacks willing to identify themselves as conservatives.
    So what you seem to be saying that blacks are stupid and can't decide for themselves if they are liberal or conservative? Maybe that's the reason there aren't more black conservatives.

  2. #22
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    So what you seem to be saying that blacks are stupid and can't decide for themselves if they are liberal or conservative? Maybe that's the reason there aren't more black conservatives.
    No he is saying that that Liberals think blacks are stupid and can't decide for themselves so they try to "keep [them] in their place". "Their place" being the place that advances the Liberal agenda. I think to a point there are some Liberals out there that seem to view blacks as more of a way to get more votes. The issues as far as I see them should never be about race (unless it is an actual issue where racial discrimination is involved, then we need to do something to stop it). Liberals to often though throw race into the game when really it is a non-issue.

    I have heard other stories where a conservative who is black gets shunned by the rest of the black community. Truly it's a sad state of affairs when an entire community that just experienced a radical rise to equality in the past two centuries begins a new cycle of discrimination.

  3. #23
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    So what you seem to be saying that blacks are stupid and can't decide for themselves if they are liberal or conservative? Maybe that's the reason there aren't more black conservatives.
    You're the only one who said anything close to that.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  4. #24
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    They're a private organization so they have the right to pick and choose. Im surprised however how Roy Innis's organization CORE hasnt been more active. In addition my father always taught me that if you want something you have to go and get it yourself. He has always hated La Raza and other hispanic groups because they are just racial collectivsts, no better than scum like Pat Buchanan and his ****stain followers. If this guy who got beaten up is a conservative then maybe he should act like an individual.
    Well im sure most Conservatives think assault is a criminal offence.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #25
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    If this guy who got beaten up is a conservative then maybe he should act like an individual.
    I would say that a black man setting up a station to sell stuff at a tea party rally is acting in a strongly individual manner, especially in the light that so many liberals try to paint the tea party movement as a racist one. He's the one who had the character and guts, not the SEIU thugs who assaulted him.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,575

    Re: NAACP comments about Kenneth Gladney (black conservative man who was assaulted)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    So what you seem to be saying that blacks are stupid and can't decide for themselves if they are liberal or conservative? Maybe that's the reason there aren't more black conservatives.
    I'm black and Conservative. So Conservative, that I've been labled one of the biggest Right Wing hacks on the forum. If what you say is true, then why is it that Liberals always assume that I'm white? It's as if you all can't phathom the possibility of a Conservative black man. I've criticized Obama and been called a racist, by Liberals. Care to explain to us all why that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •