Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

  1. #41
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    First of all, the Democrats haven't scheduled any hearings, nor have they completed their vetting process. So like I posted earlier, they're either dragging their feet or Obama jumped the gun. Either way, the Republicans didn't really have anything to do with this at this point.

    If you're happy Obama is doing this, I assume you'd be okay if the next Republican president "seat(s) all of his future appointments this way".
    There's a major caveat but sure, I wouldn't mind.

    If the Dems were playing games and lying about the guy and what he said, or stalling votes for no good reason, then I think it's the presidents responsibility to do this so we have people in the spots they need to be, doing their job.

    If you simply look at the memo passed around by the Republicans it's easy to see they were preparing to twist his words and clip his quotes to fit their agenda and politicize this appointment.

    http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/wp...-Wide-Open.pdf

    “The decision is not whether or not we will ration care—the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open.”
    Full Quote
    "The decision is not whether or not we will ration care -- the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open. And right now, we are doing it blindly."
    He was obviously talking in the context of how this is already happening, and not that he wants us to start rationing healthcare.

  2. #42
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I hope he does too...



    The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

    Then we can impeach his sorry ass.
    So you are saying that recess appointments are an impeachable offense?

    Article II, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution:
    "The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 07-08-10 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    There's a major caveat but sure, I wouldn't mind.

    If the Dems were playing games and lying about the guy and what he said, or stalling votes for no good reason, then I think it's the presidents responsibility to do this so we have people in the spots they need to be, doing their job.

    If you simply look at the memo passed around by the Republicans it's easy to see they were preparing to twist his words and clip his quotes to fit their agenda and politicize this appointment.

    http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/wp...-Wide-Open.pdf



    Full Quote

    He was obviously talking in the context of how this is already happening, and not that he wants us to start rationing healthcare.
    None of which negates the fact that Barry didn't follow the process laid out in the Constitution, and that is against the law.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #44
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    None of which negates the fact that Barry didn't follow the process laid out in the Constitution, and that is against the law.
    Exactly what part didn't he follow?

  5. #45
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    So you are saying that recess appointments are an impeachable offense?

    Article II, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution:
    "The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."
    I fail to see how that applies to this situation.... maybe you can show where this vacancy happened during this recess, link please.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Exactly what part didn't he follow?
    He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
    The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

    What Barry did is in direct violation of the Constitution.
    Last edited by Crunch; 07-08-10 at 04:37 PM.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #47
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I fail to see how that applies to this situation.... maybe you can show where this vacancy happened during this recess, link please.
    This phrase has been controversial, I'll certainly admit to that, but the supreme court has never decided on it's meaning and the general consensus among politicians is that what he did is fine. It's been done hundreds of times before.

    Did you call for Bush's impeachment when he did it?

    To put it another way, this vacancy is ongoing right now, during a recess, which would allow for the president to make this appointment. It depends on how you look at it, but I'm curious as to why only now people would be saying that this is impeachable after being done so many times before this?
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 07-08-10 at 04:44 PM.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    This phrase has been controversial, I'll certainly admit to that, but the supreme court has never decided on it's meaning and the general consensus among politicians is that what he did is fine. It's been done hundreds of times before.

    Did you call for Bush's impeachment when he did it?

    To put it another way, this vacancy is ongoing right now, during a recess, which would allow for the president to make this appointment. It depends on how you look at it, but I'm curious as to why only now people would be saying that this is impeachable after being done so many times before this?
    Show with a link to a President by passing the Congress in this manner.... that would be without any confirmation process and before his own party has finished vetting the person.

    I'll wait.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    This phrase has been controversial, I'll certainly admit to that, but the supreme court has never decided on it's meaning and the general consensus among politicians is that what he did is fine. It's been done hundreds of times before.
    It seems to me the language is simple and plain..... what Barry did is unconstitutional.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #50
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator Rationing Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Show with a link to a President by passing the Congress in this manner.... that would be without any confirmation process and before his own party has finished vetting the person.

    I'll wait.
    Where in the constitution does it say that a recess appointment is only ok if he was going through confirmation process or before his own party has vetted him? It's either unconstitutional or not but those two factors have nothing to do with it.

    EDIT: I would also be weary of calling this an impeachable offense. Following long established norms is hardly "high crimes and misdemeanors".
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 07-08-10 at 05:02 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •