Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie T. Mouse View Post
    I doubt that it was the illegal immigrants... Are you trying to say the American Public has more of a brain than for example: Sara Palin a Vice President Candidate????
    This 26% are surely the Sara Palin supporters and the majority of the Tea-Baggers !!!
    Did someone say something?


    Oh....

    It was just Minnie Mouse.


    Nevermind.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie T. Mouse View Post
    I doubt that it was the illegal immigrants... Are you trying to say the American Public has more of a brain than for example: Sara Palin a Vice President Candidate????
    This 26% are surely the Sara Palin supporters and the majority of the Tea-Baggers !!!
    So, the other 84% is made up of Obama-bots? Now, That's ****in' funny!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Seriously?
    After I posted this thread, I went to Starbucks for coffee. I asked the assistant manager and she replied "I have no idea."
    I think a naturalized citizen would have a better chance of getting the correct answer than someone born here.
    I was in a sub sandwich shop one day and these three young menwere behind the counter, arguing about who was on the $100 bill. They asked me if I knew and I told them Benjamin Franklin. I then asked them which President of the US Benjamin Franklin was, they hemmed and hawed and finally and one of them guessed the third. He was quite shocked when I told him he was never President.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Ugh, we desperately need education reform in this country.
    I think that what you wrote is a trifle incorrect.
    What you should have written is, 'I think we need education in this Country.'

  5. #35
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, 84% know who we declared independence from, and 26% don't.
    Actually 84 + 26 = 110.

    Should your sentence have read?
    No, 76% know who we declared independence from, and 26% don't?

    Just a suggestion!

    APDST also needs a lesson in Mathematics.
    Last edited by jujuman13; 07-03-10 at 10:22 PM.

  6. #36
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,873
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Actually 84 + 26 = 110.

    Should your sentence have read?
    No, 76% know who we declared independence from, and 26% don't?

    Just a suggestion!

    APDST also needs a lesson in Mathematics.
    sorry to point this out, but 76+26=102

    i think her sentence should have read 74% know who we declared independence from etc...
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #37
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    I think that what you wrote is a trifle incorrect.
    What you should have written is, 'I think we need education in this Country.'
    I believe the majority of the problem with eduation in this country is lack of parental involvement or caring at all about how/what/if their children are learning anything. The next greatest problem is tenure which makes it very difficult for bad teachers to be fired. The last thing on a long list needed improvements would be money. Money isn't the answer.


  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    OK. So what have we learned? That Debate Politics is filled with very intelligent people, who know a lot about politics and cannot add to save their lives.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #39
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Okay, that's it! Everybody in this thread is hereby convicted of sucking at math, and is hereby sentenced to 100 reps with a calculator.



    Seriously, the math isn't the point!

    What's with all this GOTCHA and NO I GOTCHOO bull****?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Poll: 26% Of U.S. Clueless On Who We Declared Independence From

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Okay, that's it! Everybody in this thread is hereby convicted of sucking at math, and is hereby sentenced to 100 reps with a calculator.



    Seriously, the math isn't the point!

    What's with all this GOTCHA and NO I GOTCHOO bull****?
    Ahem. Not everyone. Spud and I got it right. Gotcha.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •