Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 315

Thread: Glenn Beck launches online University

  1. #71
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    You know who else was a skilled propagandist?
    Lots of people, its an essential skill for leadership.

  2. #72
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    While working at WPGC, Beck met his first wife, Claire.[16] The couple married and had two daughters, Mary and Hannah; Mary was born in 1988 with cerebral palsy, the result of a series of strokes at birth.[16] The couple divorced in 1994 amid Beck's struggles with substance abuse. Along with being a recovering alcoholic and drug addict,[17] Beck has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.[18][19] He cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) in his sobriety and attended his first AA meeting in November 1994, the month he states he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis.[18]

    In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck was admitted to Yale University through a special program for non-traditional students. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.[18][20]

    In 1999, Beck married his second wife, Tania.[18] They joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in October 1999, partly at the urging of his daughter Mary.[21][22] The couple has two children, Raphe (who is adopted) and Cheyenne. Beck lives in Connecticut with his wife and four children.[23]

    Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    What better qualifications could he have to teach?
    Last edited by Redress; 07-05-10 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Fair use
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #73
    Advisor LimeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-12 @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    343

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Lots of people, its an essential skill for leadership.
    You ruined it .

  4. #74
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Lots of people, its an essential skill for leadership.
    Dude the correct answer was Hitler. Hitler is everything.

  5. #75
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Dude the correct answer was Hitler. Hitler is everything.
    Or Satan!


  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    It's funny how someone who follows the master of accusation, generalization, and conspiracy demand any sort of "intellectually sound, logically valid argument" from anybody.

    Especially when you make the wild accusation (which is totally demanding an "intellectually sound, logically valid argument") that anybody who might happen to dislike or not agree with Beck are "Leftists trying to pawn themselves off as Moderate, Centrist, Main-stream independents."

    You should seek to educate yourselves on other points of view other then yourself. You clearly lack that knowledge.
    Fascinatin'... And once AGAIN, the Progressives come to lament their anti-American position, DEMANDING that disagreeing with American principle can in NO WAY disqualify them for the title...

    But the odds require that SOONER OR LATER... they'll eventually produce an argument wherein they demonstrate that rejecting American principle can potentially provide the bearer with the means to ADHERE TO THE CORRELATING TITLE.

    And yes... this is a backhanded challenge to simply state where you've the means to disagree with Beck, by showing where he was inaccurate and has wrongly represented the facts, providing for a valid means to disagree... and NOT be recognized as a Progressive anti-American.

    It's not a particularly complex equation ...

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post
    Fascinatin'... And once AGAIN, the Progressives come to lament their anti-American position, DEMANDING that disagreeing with American principle can in NO WAY disqualify them for the title...

    But the odds require that SOONER OR LATER... they'll eventually produce an argument wherein they demonstrate that rejecting American principle can potentially provide the bearer with the means to ADHERE TO THE CORRELATING TITLE.

    And yes... this is a backhanded challenge to simply state where you've the means to disagree with Beck, by showing where he was inaccurate and has wrongly represented the facts, providing for a valid means to disagree... and NOT be recognized as a Progressive anti-American.

    It's not a particularly complex equation ...
    Because if you capitalize whole words, your point is better...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    That was by far his greatest and funniest episode yet. Sadly for him Colbert beat him at it.
    ROFLMNAO! Serious political analysis founded upon the heady intellectual perch of "Comedy Central".

    The best part is they're PROUD AS HELL of it... But hey, that's the nature of Populism... it's empty and meaningless... PRIME for the imparting of deceit and fraud.

  9. #79
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post
    ROFLMNAO! Serious political analysis founded upon the heady intellectual perch of "Comedy Central".

    The best part is they're PROUD AS HELL of it... But hey, that's the nature of Populism... it's empty and meaningless... PRIME for the imparting of deceit and fraud.
    Are you related to TheProf or something, because you typing styles are very similar, except you don't use the enter key as much.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because if you capitalize whole words, your point is better...
    Great idea... when you've no means to engage the debate: CHANGE THE SUBJECT! I think we can all agree that anyone pushing your position would do the same thing.

    Thus the question becomes given that you're not being forced to push this position: 'Why would someone willingly push a position for which they're unable to find a plausible defense?'
    Last edited by PubliusInfinitu; 07-05-10 at 12:25 PM.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •