Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 315

Thread: Glenn Beck launches online University

  1. #261
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    I'm just more interested in additional scholars, rather than three individuals. One of my favorite lecture series is by a conservative Straussian by the name of Thomas Pangle regarding the constitution. Aside from the fact that it is a cheap subscription model (very smart choice on their part), Glen U is far too small to be of interest to me just yet, and far too likely to tred on a path complimentary to Glenn's programming, of which I am not much of a fan.

    More or less, I am perhaps a traditional neoconservative with some slight adjustments, though it was never my intention to be thrown in with that label, but perhaps it applies to me, perhaps it doesn't. I'm just knowledgable in the outlook. As an individual, I am just me, and it doesn't necessarily conform to the label. I'm rarely in agreement with libertarians, mainstream conservatives or the Democratic Party base.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #262
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post
    No... Leftists are Leftists... even when they deceitfully claim to be the antithesis of that virulent ideology.
    For some reason, that line literally had me laughing so hard my chest hurt. Quality parody there.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I appreciate how you critique Reason for providing zero sources while providing zero sources yourself. That's awesomely funny.
    Well, let's see... the OP declares reason Magazine as a sound resource; implying that such is objective and trustworthy. I pointed out that their position regarding Venona is patently false.

    Now an objective resource would not attempt to play such patetic semantics... But given that playing pathetic semantics is the sole tactic of the ideological left... it's a fairly simple equation to find that the author's are Leftist.

    Again, I've read Reason for years... It's primarily a rant fest for the addled-minded anti-theist.

    You're entitled to your baseless opinion; just recognize that like most things Leftist, baseless opinions aren't worth much...

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    For some reason, that line literally had me laughing so hard my chest hurt. Quality parody there.
    So basic math tickles your funny bone? You must have a gas at the grocery store...

  5. #265
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post
    So basic math tickles your funny bone? You must have a gas at the grocery store...
    There was no math in the quote I posted....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post
    Well, let's see... the OP declares reason Magazine as a sound resource; implying that such is objective and trustworthy. I pointed out that their position regarding Venona is patently false.
    The problem is...Reason is a more credible source than you (anonymous internet guy) or Glenn Beck. But thanks for playing.

    What sources do you trust, PI?
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 07-08-10 at 09:18 PM.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There was no math in the quote I posted....
    To PI, everyone but him is a leftist. It's more of a diagram. There's a tiny little circle, that represents him. And, a ginormous circle that contains all the leftists in the world. I.e, everyone else.

  8. #268
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    To PI, everyone but him is a leftist. It's more of a diagram. There's a tiny little circle, that represents him. And, a ginormous circle that contains all the leftists in the world. I.e, everyone else.
    We need to hook him up with NP.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I'm just more interested in additional scholars, rather than three individuals. One of my favorite lecture series is by a conservative Straussian by the name of Thomas Pangle regarding the constitution. Aside from the fact that it is a cheap subscription model (very smart choice on their part), Glen U is far too small to be of interest to me just yet, and far too likely to tred on a path complimentary to Glenn's programming, of which I am not much of a fan.

    More or less, I am perhaps a traditional neoconservative with some slight adjustments, though it was never my intention to be thrown in with that label, but perhaps it applies to me, perhaps it doesn't. I'm just knowledgable in the outlook. As an individual, I am just me, and it doesn't necessarily conform to the label. I'm rarely in agreement with libertarians, mainstream conservatives or the Democratic Party base.
    It's a rare progressive that is much of a fan of Beck.

    BTW: LOVED the 'traditional Neo-con' thing... it was a PERFECT match for the droll 'I don't conform to labels' rant...

    HYSTERICAL! In at least two contexts and on several levels...

  10. #270
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    The "Tea Party" isn't a political party and has nothing to do with the right to vote and Beck has a "University" that isn't a university.

    It's supposed to be so serious that in a 100 years it will be looked back on as the turning point in our country.,but the misleading names are for the LULZ.

    I guess Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert better get their own insider subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •