Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 315

Thread: Glenn Beck launches online University

  1. #181
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Do you mean that Rush is wrong and Glen is right?
    I don't listen to Rush so I don't know what you're talking about.


  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I don't listen to Rush so I don't know what you're talking about.
    Rush is always complaining that all that the liberals know how to do is tax the rich.

  3. #183
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Rush is always complaining that all that the liberals know how to do is tax the rich.
    Well, they do tax the rich.


  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Well, they do tax the rich.
    Not enough.

  5. #185
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Glenn Beck is an ass-clown.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #186
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Dear Liberal Avenger,



    Tea Party Inc. is dangerous and must be investigated, exposed and fought at every turn.

    WILL YOU HELP US?


    For many of us the summer is off to a hot start. But the summer heat is nothing compared to the meltdown our political system could suffer if the Tea Party hits the boiling point -- and succeeds in recruiting millions of angry voters to swing November's election with the promise of a national right-wing agenda.

    Right now, the "enthusiasm gap" -- the difference between the positive feelings Republicans have about voting for GOP candidates versus how the Democrats feel about voting for their own -- has a 35-point spread, according to a recent Gallup poll. It's the largest gap since the data has been counted1. And many progressives, liberals and Democrats are in denial, not tuned in to what is happening in Tea Party-land.

    AlterNet is working 24/7 to expose the Tea Party, its funders and cheerleaders. Our urgent, clarion call to progressives and Democrats: "Wake up before it's too late!" And you can help us get our wake-up call out to the people who need to hear it.

    Fox, Beck and the Tea Party: An Ugly Combination

    This right-wing "enthusiasm" is being generated by the conservative message machine, led by Fox News and frequently echoed by corporate media. Right-wing propaganda is having a major impact, tapping into the resentment of working people across the country, and millions of unemployed Americans.

    Glenn Beck, man of many lies and emotional breakdowns, is the chief cheerleader for the Tea Party. Beck is willing to say just about anything, and he often does. For example, Beck recently stated that President Obama didn't want to meet with BP CEO Tony Hayward, because Hayward is "a white CEO."2 Beck has called the progressive movement a "cancer" that was "designed to eat the Constitution," and declared that Obama has "a deep-seated hatred of white people."3

    We have to push back very hard against Glenn Beck -- because with Beck and the Tea Party, a dangerous brew is steaming up around the country.

    Beware of Tea Party Inc.

    AlterNet's editorial team has concluded that behind the kooky signs and incoherent rage of Tea Party supporters is a powerful cartel of right-wing interests with very deep pockets. Call them Tea Party Inc. -- a cabal of high-priced political operatives, lobbying groups and for-profit conservative media who fuel this furious right-wing emergence under the Tea Party brand.

    Tea Party Inc. is dangerous and must be investigated, exposed and fought at every turn. At AlterNet, we refuse to bury our heads in the sand, and we're not afraid to sound the alarm on this growing right-wing threat. But to do it right, AlterNet needs your help.



    We have a network of investigators in the field ferreting out the truth and ready to communicate it far and wide. Help us keep our reporters digging and exposing. We need you to help us reach our immediate goal of $30,000 to pay the bills and keep our people on watch in the field. This project will operate at a high-intensity pitch through the fall election. Your contribution can help save your country from the people who want to repeal health care, close the Department of Education and line the pockets of polluters. Help us out, please.

    With my good wishes,


    Don Hazen, Executive Editor, AlterNet

    P.S. AlterNet, along with the Investigative Fund of The Nation Institute, is recruiting "citizen observers" to help us keep an eye on Tea Party actives on the Web and in the field. If you want to help us gather information please click here and sign up. You will hear back from us soon.




    This is actually far more abhorent than anything beck has ever done.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is actually far more abhorent than anything beck has ever done.
    I thought you were all for capitalism. That aint nothing compared to some of the **** from newsmax.

  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Well, they do tax the rich.
    No, they tax EVERYONE.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #189
    Advisor LimeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-12 @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    343

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post
    So, you're projecting that my education is difficient, without bearing the burden of proving that such is the case... How positively CONVENIENT! I imagine that this is quite a time saver. Sadly, for your argument, to assert that my eduation is deficient, at least where the argument rests in a valid construct, you'll need to produce evidence which on SOME LEVEL discredits my argument; rest assured that ad populum rants which merely imply such to be the case, isn't going to get it done.
    Your INITIAL claim was that Moderates Centrists Independants and Libertarians are 'Leftist' and 'Progressive'. I disagreed.

    I hope you didn't read Mellie's post pointing out Glenn Beck leans Libertarian.

    Your argument therefor would be claiming Glenn Beck is progressive.

    We don't want that do we?

    As for labeling Moderates, Independents, and Centrists as progressives, I will discuss that below.

    Hmm... Seriously? "Birds of a feather..." "Guilt by association.."

    Wrong is wrong...and remains so, despite being combined with an equal measure of right. Progressivism is defined by it's historical pursuit of the Middle or Third Way... Theft remains theft, whether one blows through the bank doors, guns blazing... or if one merely picks up a deposit errantly left behind on the counter, by one's neighbor.
    Being progressive is the intent to use governmental power to force an issue.
    Progressives usually associate themselves with the Democratic Party.
    But don't get confused! Not everyone in the Democratic party is progressive!

    There are many types of progressives. You can be Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian, Moderate progressive.

    You can also be Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian, and Moderate without being progressive.

    Remember if you disagree with this statement you state you believe Glenn Beck is progressive.

    We wouldn't want that would we?

    So you disagree with the argument and as a result need to declare the argument sub-reasonable; and this presumably to avoid the responsibility which otherwise requires you show that Progressivism is historically distinct from populism; which ironically, rests in this belly of this course in the construct of raw ad populum.

    ROFL... As obscurance goes... it's BRILLIANT! It's too bad that you're not trying to prove yourself a Progressive. As this would be a monumental demonstration of a solid effort toward that end.
    It's too bad you're trying to argue your claims in posts #45 and #47 without any reason explaining these claims. This would be a monumental demonstration of a solid effort to dodge an intellectually sound debate.


    So you overtly avoid answering the challenge and feel comfortable merely re-stating that the opposing argument is irrational. Here's the thing Sis; what you're doing is appealing to the popularity which you sense favors your argument. I asked you SPECIFICALLY to state which of my claims you feel are irrational...
    Again refer to posts #45 and #47. I believe in my INITIAL post i argued this. And nowhere in your paragraphs of incoherent rambling, have you given legitimate reason for why you made these comments.

    I further offered you my best guess and responded to that; pointing out that you claim in argument to be a libertarian and claim in your forum shingle to be a moderate;which by default accepts what you no doubt feel is the best half of the Leftist ideology;
    When did i state i was Libertarian?

    Who are you to argue my 'forum shingle' when yours is undisclosed?

    which conclusively demonstrates the above noted would-be pursuit of the Middle Way, which is the defining function of Progressivism...
    No it doesn't.

    Suffice it to again say, that the point is merely to note that those who oppose Glenn Beck do so because Beck's position stands at odds with their own. Becks position is that which contests the Progressive subversion of American principles
    Too bad your idea of Progressive labels Glenn Beck as one. So clearly your idea of being progressive and Glenn's idea are different.
    and in so doing subverting America herself, entirely. You've overtly taken up the challenge to Becks position and my defense of same. As I've repeatedly noted; it's not a complex equation.
    So you and Beck have similar if not the same ideals.

    Oh! so you're claiming now that you're simply here to argue the University and this without ANY judgment of whether Beck himself, is right or wrong. Well that's perfectly deceitful and utterly fraudulent. It could be absolute perfection in Progressive reasoning.
    Actually i was here to argue how your claim of Libertarians, moderates, centrists, and liberals are progressive, or linked in some other direct way. I never once said Beck is right, or wrong. You put that argument upon me.


    I stated that discussing the political ideals of a Libertarian were off-topic.
    (Now you DO understand, that to this point at least, your position has been to DENY that you're a progressive?)
    Do you understand, that to this point at least, your position was to give your reasons as to why Libertarians, Centrists, Moderates, and Independents are Progressive?

    Well sure... Because, after all there are no immutable American principles... Anything or anyone can lay claim to being American... as long as they can claim citizenship, or happen to be standing within the geographical scope of the Americas... Right?
    Anyone can claim to be American through citizenship.
    I believe there are American Principles, as to them being immutable, that is debatable.

    Uh oh... Looks like you're down to qualification... demanding now that ALL progressives are somehow distinct from one another, thus not necessarily 'anti-American.'
    They are distinct. Which is why I wish you to study on them rather then put your own label on them. It would do you good.

    Well there's nothing particularly complex about it... the answer is that the would-be liberal is not a libertarian; but has either delusionally or deceptively taken to associate themselves with such, to avoid being identified as one who overtly opposes the immutable principles of nature that define America...
    So you admit a Libertarian is not a Liberal? We might be getting somewhere.

    Which is the same reason that their predecessors took on the label of "liberal"... It serves the purpose of the ruse, the fraudulent facade; it is the tool of the insurgency, the purpose of which is to sever the culture from it's foundational, principled moorings.
    More rambling.



    Now just to make sure the point is not lost in the obscurance which your response will no doubt serve, given the record; The challenge has been put to you to DEFINE "America" in such a way which would provide for Leftism in all of it's various conjurings, rationalizations and forms, could be reasonably counted in viable membership. Which simply means, Sis... That I am asking you to explain what America IS and to do so in such a way which allows for Left-think to considered "American".

    Best of luck to ya.
    I will ignore your random challenges until you counter my Argument based on your allegations in posts #45 and #47.

    Best of luck to ya.

  10. #190
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, they tax EVERYONE.
    Some people do not pay income taxes.


Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •