Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 315

Thread: Glenn Beck launches online University

  1. #171
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I would like to know how much of the money goes to charity and how much goes to his expenses.
    Well, if we're talking about the 8/28 rally, all proceeds to SOWF go to the rally. Any $$ over the cost of the rally goes to SOWF.

    He also gives to many other charities and individual people. He had a new house built for a family who had several children with Muscular Dystrophy. He's a great supporter of the Huntsman Cancer Institute as well as the military with Marcus Luttrell (The Lone Survivor).


  2. #172
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You seem to have a case of hatred for him. I can't figure out why. The man tries to make this country an even better place than it already is. Why all the hatred for charity? No ones asking you to worship the guy or even like him. Can't you at least give him credit for his charitable contributions?
    of course i don't hate him. in fact, he's a great business man, an entertainer with an audience of sheep. he's tapped into the insecurities of people much as hitler did. don't go off the deep end, i'm not saying he is as evil as hitler, i'm simply saying he knows how to manipulate his audience.

    i have to add: an audience who buys his crap paintings.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Oh my Lord. It's like talking to a brick wall! No point in continuing.
    I feel the same way. BTW I might know a little bit more about art than you considering my education and the career I had.

  4. #174
    Advisor LimeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-12 @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    343

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I feel the same way. BTW I might know a little bit more about art than you considering my education and the career I had.
    Who's the judge? The artist or the critic?

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitum
    Ahh... Indeed. And What Progressive does?

    Ya see how that works friends? And this has been a longstanding trend... Progressives don't NEED AN ARGUMENT. They don't NEED SOUND REASONING resting on a valid logical construct. No no... All the Progressive needs is the self assurance that validity and truth rest somewhere in the middle-way... They're in the middle, so... it's axiomatic.
    And therein lies the amazing convenience of hysterical populism. No thinkin' necessary... just latch onto the compromise between right and wrong and PRESTO!
    Have you educated yourself on Libertarians yet?
    So, you're projecting that my education is difficient, without bearing the burden of proving that such is the case... How positively CONVENIENT! I imagine that this is quite a time saver. Sadly, for your argument, to assert that my eduation is deficient, at least where the argument rests in a valid construct, you'll need to produce evidence which on SOME LEVEL discredits my argument; rest assured that ad populum rants which merely imply such to be the case, isn't going to get it done.

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    If you have, I insist you give your reasoning to me as how they are 'progressives' 'liberals' 'socialists' 'leftists', whatever Beck might be calling them these days.
    Well I see that you'd also prefer to simply trot out a straw argument wherein you establish the pretense that I've failed to correlate your argument to that common to the Progressive.

    Allow me to simply re-state that which you cited above and chose to ignore:

    Quote Originally Posted by Publius Infinitum
    Ya see how that works friends? And this has been a longstanding trend... Progressives don't NEED AN ARGUMENT. They don't NEED SOUND REASONING resting on a valid logical construct. No no... All the Progressive needs is the self assurance that validity and truth rest somewhere in the middle-way... They're in the middle, so... it's axiomatic. And therein lies the amazing convenience of hysterical populism. No thinkin' necessary... just latch onto the compromise between right and wrong and PRESTO!
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Also maybe you can give your reasoning on how moderates, centrists, etc. are also 'progressives' 'liberals' 'socialists' 'leftists'.
    Hmm... Seriously? "Birds of a feather..." "Guilt by association.."

    Wrong is wrong...and remains so, despite being combined with an equal measure of right. Progressivism is defined by it's historical pursuit of the Middle or Third Way... Theft remains theft, whether one blows through the bank doors, guns blazing... or if one merely picks up a deposit errantly left behind on the counter, by one's neighbor.

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    If you give me good reasoning perhaps i can debate further the difference.
    Perhaps... but the evidence thus far, suggests it being unlikely, at best.


    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius Infinitum
    Indeed... that would be the comfort of one's delusion, intrinsic in owning the inferior position. Such usually begins by projecting that the superior position is simply not reasonable. Which of course is IRRESISTABLE where the rules axiomatically reject any need for logically valid, intellectually sound reasoning.
    I'm delusional because i believe you aren't reasonable?
    My position merely points to the cloister which your delusional position serves... the reason that you may BE delusional is unknown to me, and I expect is fairly irreelvant to this discussion.


    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    I've yet to see any reasonable points from you linking 'progressives' 'liberals' 'socialists' 'leftists' 'moderates' 'centrists' 'libertarians', other then the typing of said words progressive and populist etc. in caps lock.
    So you disagree with the argument and as a result need to declare the argument sub-reasonable; and this presumably to avoid the responsibility which otherwise requires you show that Progressivism is historically distinct from populism; which ironically, rests in this belly of this course in the construct of raw ad populum.

    ROFL... As obscurance goes... it's BRILLIANT! It's too bad that you're not trying to prove yourself a Progressive. As this would be a monumental demonstration of a solid effort toward that end.

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitum
    ROFL... My claims are irrational? Which claims are those Sis? The claim which challenges your self-assigned title as "Libertarian"? Huh... I thought it fairly spot on, given you're a self-professed "Moderate" in your account shingle.... Moderates are the embodiment of the Progressive, Scout. That you feel you need to lean on the right side of that yellow line is a good sign; you at least seem to have some discernible sign of conscience. But at the end of the day, knowing you're wrong only adds to the severity of one's punishment, where one continues to walk down the leftist path and it manifest itself into Anti-American action.
    What you think is spot on may be rational to you, but refusing to give reasoning behind it doesn't make it rational to others. Again give me reason behind your claim. Infact, you would be better off actually making some sort of logical, coherent point.
    So you overtly avoid answering the challenge and feel comfortable merely re-stating that the opposing argument is irrational. Here's the thing Sis; what you're doing is appealing to the popularity which you sense favors your argument. I asked you SPECIFICALLY to state which of my claims you feel are irrational... I further offered you my best guess and responded to that; pointing out that you claim in argument to be a libertarian and claim in your forum shingle to be a moderate; which by default accepts what you no doubt feel is the best half of the Leftist ideology; which conclusively demonstrates the above noted would-be pursuit of the Middle Way, which is the defining function of Progressivism... Your response is to simpy re-state your baseless vague assertion; and thus far in the absence of any stated rationale, thus rendering YOUR argument... formerly, irrational.

    Suffice it to again say, that the point is merely to note that those who oppose Glenn Beck do so because Beck's position stands at odds with their own. Becks position is that which contests the Progressive subversion of American principles and in so doing subverting America herself, entirely. You've overtly taken up the challenge to Becks position and my defense of same. As I've repeatedly noted; it's not a complex equation.

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitum
    The topic is Glenn Beck and his re-educating of the American Public; a tactic which he's chosen as a means to replace the misinformation, disinformation and raw revisionism employed by the Ideological Left as a means to subvert America; as a means to dislodge from America the immutable Principles intrinsic in the cornerstone of her foundation... I'm simply pointing out that those who disagree with Beck, do so because they (you) are part and parcel of that foreign ideology... I've merely asked you to produce a valid stated basis for your disagreement with Beck; to which you've responded by denying you're a Progressive and demanding that you've no 'NEED TO HAVE A SOUND ARGUMENT'... which I pointed out was incontrovertible evidence of a progressive, demonstrating that such is precisely what ya are.

    I'd say we're centered on the issue. So don't sweat it.


    The topic is about his university. The topic isn't about whether Beck is right or wrong.
    Oh! so you're claiming now that you're simply here to argue the University and this without ANY judgment of whether Beck himself, is right or wrong. Well that's perfectly deceitful and utterly fraudulent. It could be absolute perfection in Progressive reasoning. (Now you DO understand, that to this point at least, your position has been to DENY that you're a progressive?)


    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Being liberal is not an Anti-American foreign ideology. We have a 2 party system for a reason.
    Well sure... Because, after all there are no immutable American principles... Anything or anyone can lay claim to being American... as long as they can claim citizenship, or happen to be standing within the geographical scope of the Americas... Right?

    Now would you think ill of me to assign that species of reasoning upon you?

    Or would you care to correct any misrepresentation which that mindset represents, when assigned to you?



    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    I'm not automatically progressive because i choose not to have an argument with an incoherent, irrational dope, who has yet to give his reasoning behind why be believes all 'progressives' 'liberals' 'socialists' 'leftists' 'moderates' 'centrists' 'libertarians' are all alike and Anti-American.
    Uh oh... Looks like you're down to qualification... demanding now that ALL progressives are somehow distinct from one another, thus not necessarily 'anti-American.' Presumably providing some acceptable degree of separation, to qualify, perhaps... yourself, as the glaring exception. Answer the above question and we'll see how it goes.

    Once you have made a point i consider reasonable we will discuss this further.

    Have you educated yourself as why a libertarian is not a liberal yet?
    Well there's nothing particularly complex about it... the answer is that the would-be liberal is not a libertarian; but has either delusionally or deceptively taken to associate themselves with such, to avoid being identified as one who overtly opposes the immutable principles of nature that define America... Which is the same reason that their predecessors took on the label of "liberal"... It serves the purpose of the ruse, the fraudulent facade; it is the tool of the insurgency, the purpose of which is to sever the culture from it's foundational, principled moorings.

    Now just to make sure the point is not lost in the obscurance which your response will no doubt serve, given the record; The challenge has been put to you to DEFINE "America" in such a way which would provide for Leftism in all of it's various conjurings, rationalizations and forms, could be reasonably counted in viable membership. Which simply means, Sis... That I am asking you to explain what America IS and to do so in such a way which allows for Left-think to considered "American".

    Best of luck to ya.
    Last edited by PubliusInfinitu; 07-06-10 at 02:39 PM.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitum
    Ahh... Indeed. And What Progressive does?

    Ya see how that works friends? And this has been a longstanding trend... Progressives don't NEED AN ARGUMENT. They don't NEED SOUND REASONING resting on a valid logical construct. No no... All the Progressive needs is the self assurance that validity and truth rest somewhere in the middle-way... They're in the middle, so... it's axiomatic.
    And therein lies the amazing convenience of hysterical populism. No thinkin' necessary... just latch onto the compromise between right and wrong and PRESTO!

    Ya automatically feel better about being wrong... I mean after it's the 3rd WAY~ Ya mixed in HALF RIGHT, so how bad can it be?



    Indeed... that would be the comfort of one's delusion, intrinsic in owning the inferior position. Such usually begins by projecting that the superior position is simply not reasonable. Which of course is IRRESISTABLE where the rules axiomatically reject any need for logically valid, intellectually sound reasoning.



    ROFL... My claims are irrational? Which claims are those Sis? The claim which challenges your self-assigned title as "Libertarian"? Huh... I thought it fairly spot on, given you're a self-professed "Moderate" in your account shingle.... Moderates are the embodiment of the Progressive, Scout. That you feel you need to lean on the right side of that yellow line is a good sign; you at least seem to have some discernible sign of conscience. But at the end of the day, knowing you're wrong only adds to the severity of one's punishment, where one continues to walk down the leftist path and it manifest itself into Anti-American action.




    The topic is Glenn Beck and his re-educating of the American Public; a tactic which he's chosen as a means to replace the misinformation, disinformation and raw revisionism employed by the Ideological Left as a means to subvert America; as a means to dislodge from America the immutable Principles intrinsic in the cornerstone of her foundation... I'm simply pointing out that those who disagree with Beck, do so because they (you) are part and parcel of that foreign ideology... I've merely asked you to produce a valid stated basis for your disagreement with Beck; to which you've responded by denying you're a Progressive and demanding that you've no 'NEED TO HAVE A SOUND ARGUMENT'... which I pointed out was incontrovertible evidence of a progressive, demonstrating that such is precisely what ya are.

    I'd say we're centered on the issue. So don't sweat it.
    Is your cap lock broke, dude?
    So you resent the use of capital letters as an effective tool of emphasis?

    LOL... More's the pity... but, frankly, I can see why ya would. If I were in your position, I'd likely feel the same way. So, if it'll help... Let me comensurate by adding: "I feel ya..."
    Last edited by PubliusInfinitu; 07-06-10 at 02:41 PM.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    of course i don't hate him. in fact, he's a great business man, an entertainer with an audience of sheep. he's tapped into the insecurities of people much as hitler did. don't go off the deep end, i'm not saying he is as evil as hitler, i'm simply saying he knows how to manipulate his audience.

    i have to add: an audience who buys his crap paintings.
    What SPECIFIC 'insecurities' would those be? Of course, you'll need to be prepared to defend your response... and of course, it's not going to go well for you.

    Naturally, where you fail to respond, you concede the point... which, let's be honest, is where this is heading, anyway...

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Dear Liberal Avenger,



    Tea Party Inc. is dangerous and must be investigated, exposed and fought at every turn.

    WILL YOU HELP US?


    For many of us the summer is off to a hot start. But the summer heat is nothing compared to the meltdown our political system could suffer if the Tea Party hits the boiling point -- and succeeds in recruiting millions of angry voters to swing November's election with the promise of a national right-wing agenda.

    Right now, the "enthusiasm gap" -- the difference between the positive feelings Republicans have about voting for GOP candidates versus how the Democrats feel about voting for their own -- has a 35-point spread, according to a recent Gallup poll. It's the largest gap since the data has been counted1. And many progressives, liberals and Democrats are in denial, not tuned in to what is happening in Tea Party-land.

    AlterNet is working 24/7 to expose the Tea Party, its funders and cheerleaders. Our urgent, clarion call to progressives and Democrats: "Wake up before it's too late!" And you can help us get our wake-up call out to the people who need to hear it.

    Fox, Beck and the Tea Party: An Ugly Combination

    This right-wing "enthusiasm" is being generated by the conservative message machine, led by Fox News and frequently echoed by corporate media. Right-wing propaganda is having a major impact, tapping into the resentment of working people across the country, and millions of unemployed Americans.

    Glenn Beck, man of many lies and emotional breakdowns, is the chief cheerleader for the Tea Party. Beck is willing to say just about anything, and he often does. For example, Beck recently stated that President Obama didn't want to meet with BP CEO Tony Hayward, because Hayward is "a white CEO."2 Beck has called the progressive movement a "cancer" that was "designed to eat the Constitution," and declared that Obama has "a deep-seated hatred of white people."3

    We have to push back very hard against Glenn Beck -- because with Beck and the Tea Party, a dangerous brew is steaming up around the country.

    Beware of Tea Party Inc.

    AlterNet's editorial team has concluded that behind the kooky signs and incoherent rage of Tea Party supporters is a powerful cartel of right-wing interests with very deep pockets. Call them Tea Party Inc. -- a cabal of high-priced political operatives, lobbying groups and for-profit conservative media who fuel this furious right-wing emergence under the Tea Party brand.

    Tea Party Inc. is dangerous and must be investigated, exposed and fought at every turn. At AlterNet, we refuse to bury our heads in the sand, and we're not afraid to sound the alarm on this growing right-wing threat. But to do it right, AlterNet needs your help.



    We have a network of investigators in the field ferreting out the truth and ready to communicate it far and wide. Help us keep our reporters digging and exposing. We need you to help us reach our immediate goal of $30,000 to pay the bills and keep our people on watch in the field. This project will operate at a high-intensity pitch through the fall election. Your contribution can help save your country from the people who want to repeal health care, close the Department of Education and line the pockets of polluters. Help us out, please.

    With my good wishes,


    Don Hazen, Executive Editor, AlterNet

    P.S. AlterNet, along with the Investigative Fund of The Nation Institute, is recruiting "citizen observers" to help us keep an eye on Tea Party actives on the Web and in the field. If you want to help us gather information please click here and sign up. You will hear back from us soon.

  9. #179
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Actually Glenn doesn't have much at all to do with tea parties. He doesn't lead them, and he even has said that the Taxed Enough Already isn't true because the big taxes haven't come yet.


  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Glenn Beck launches online University

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Actually Glenn doesn't have much at all to do with tea parties. He doesn't lead them, and he even has said that the Taxed Enough Already isn't true because the big taxes haven't come yet.
    Do you mean that Rush is wrong and Glen is right?

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •