Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

  1. #11
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    if it was simply an opinion piece you would have a point; however, what is at issue here is not who is reporting (although NRO isn't comparable to Daily Kos or Huffington - though Townhall would be. NatRev is closer to a Newsweek equivalent), it is what they are reporting.

    if any of you are actually able to address the memo's in question, and Kagan's apparent willingness to twist science in order to further her political agenda (oh but we promise she would never do such a thing with the law!), as opposed to attempting to raise strawmen, then i would be interested in hearing it.

    that you can't is telling.
    Its not that I cannot. I don't know if I can or not as I have not looked at the source material. Also, I disagree with what you see as the value of the media outlet. Its just a partisan hack outlet like media matters and as such, its not worth discussing.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    failure to address the point from Boo, who prefers an ad sourcinem to deal with an embarrassing truth?

    what a surprise.
    Where the source can't be trusted, there is no issue to address. Use an accurate source (if you can), and I'll gadly contibute.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Oh how sad. I never saw how anyone could support partial birth abortions no matter how pro-abortion you were. Why would it be anymore dangerous to the mother to give birth to a live baby rather than a dead one?
    Kagan gets more frightening all the time. Can't wait til she rules it's consitutional when Congress requires me to eat fruits and vegetables daily and when it's ok to ban books.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Oh how sad. I never saw how anyone could support partial birth abortions no matter how pro-abortion you were. Why would it be anymore dangerous to the mother to give birth to a live baby rather than a dead one?
    Kagan gets more frightening all the time. Can't wait til she rules it's consitutional when Congress requires me to eat fruits and vegetables daily and when it's ok to ban books.
    This of course starts with an assumption that the article is accurate, which it has a history of not being. So, you can't trust it on that. So, before we can go on, we really need to know what her postition really is.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #15
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Can't wait til she rules it's consitutional when Congress requires me to eat fruits and vegetables daily and when it's ok to ban books.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    I know what I heard from her mouth.

  7. #17
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    they certainly are not.

    try the following on for size:

    "I can't think of a single good reason why we should have invaded Iraq"
    v
    "There are some good reasons why we should have invaded Iraq."

    I would say those are rather markedly different statements.
    what don't you understand about "in a particular circumstance"?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #18
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    She admitted the memo was in her handwriting but never actually admitted she wrote it. My source is Kagan's own words.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    they certainly are not.

    try the following on for size:

    "I can't think of a single good reason why we should have invaded Iraq"
    v
    "There are some good reasons why we should have invaded Iraq."

    I would say those are rather markedly different statements.
    You are acting like she said those things in the same sentence. Maybe she was misconstrued like the republican's apology to BP.

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Kagan's Abortion Distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    She admitted the memo was in her handwriting but never actually admitted she wrote it. My source is Kagan's own words.
    Barbbtx once said that he thinks the moon is made out of cheese. My source is his own words.

    (you seem to not really understand what a "source" is)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •