Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 290

Thread: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

  1. #31
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Texas actually wants to criminalize same sex people living together, and have it defined once again as sodomy.
    Two women living together is sodomy?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's not a strawman when this politician is blaming gays for the breakdown of society when the divorce rate is 50% for straight couples. Seems there is already a breakdown in society and it has NOTHING to do with gays.
    So break it down more?

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    So break it down more?
    Pray-tell how allowing two dudes to get married breaks down society?

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Everyone knows straight couples only get divorced because of the stress that gay couples place on society.

    That remark is, to put it simply, Gibberish.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Pray-tell how allowing two dudes to get married breaks down society?
    I believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Pray-tell how allowing two dudes to get married breaks down society?
    Or two chicks.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    I believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases.
    I believe that heterosexual marriage is destroying the institution of marriage. They have proven to be unable to handle the responsibility, and as such, it should be taken away from them and given to gays.

    The funny part is mine is intended sarcastically, but has more basis in fact than yours does.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases.
    One night stands do a better job of that though. Maybe we should ban those too?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I believe that heterosexual marriage is destroying the institution of marriage. They have proven to be unable to handle the responsibility, and as such, it should be taken away from them and given to gays.

    The funny part is mine is intended sarcastically, but has more basis in fact than yours does.
    Perhaps, since there are 100 straight folks for every queer.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    One night stands do a better job of that though. Maybe we should ban those too?
    I don't advocate banning what queers or sluts do to each other in private.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •