Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 290

Thread: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    How is it straw-man? Are you suggesting gays are the cause of the 50% Divorce rate, I'd love to see any evidence you may have?
    No I'm not suggesting that. Where do you even get that from? It's a straw man because divorce rate among straights has nothing to do with the quality of gay marriages. It's like my saying "Your Lincoln gets lousy gas mileage" and you respond, "So does your Cadillac." It has no bearing on the lousy Lincoln.

    Your correct reponse should be, "people in glass houses...." and leave it at that. Because if you think you can tear down traditional marriage and repace it with gay marriage, you are wrong. And it just begs the question, if marriage is so bad, why do gays want it in the first place?

  2. #22
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Because if you think you can tear down traditional marriage and repace it with gay marriage, you are wrong.
    Can me where anyone is trying to force you into gay marriage, I mean that would be REPLACING it right... poor choice of words.

  3. #23
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Another reason why I left, the Republican party... for good. When you place your religion ahead of your conservatism in political matters...Well, thats when things start to go downhill. I believe, the protection of the founders' view of the constitution should be the most important principle of the Right NOT, the continued religious right's efforts directed at right-to-life and heterosexual marriage issues.

    Church law should be left at the church door. Period

  4. #24
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Hmm. I am envisioning Larry Craig, along with a host of other Republicans, wearing prison stripes, while shouting "We aren't gay. We just suck a little dick sometimes".
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Ah yes, Texas, the South Carolina of the far south. I think Texas is here because every state should have one that it can look down on. "we may have problems, but at least we are not Texas".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ah yes, Texas, the South Carolina of the far south. I think Texas is here because every state should have one that it can look down on. "we may have problems, but at least we are not Texas".
    What makes this worse is that Texas does not have the 800 million bucks in the bank to have all those textbooks that rewrite history printed. Perry and Company have broken the bank already. It's not really Republicans that are ruining Texas. It is CRAZY Republicans, and there are quite a few of them here, who want to regulate everybody's lives.
    Last edited by danarhea; 06-22-10 at 03:55 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #27
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    I am confused. How does one criminalize gay marriage if marriage cannot legally exist without state sanction in the first place?

  8. #28
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I am confused. How does one criminalize gay marriage if marriage cannot legally exist without state sanction in the first place?
    Texas actually wants to criminalize same sex people living together, and have it defined once again as sodomy.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #29
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Texas actually wants to criminalize same sex people living together, and have it defined once again as sodomy.
    So what you are saying is to avoid going to law school in Texas then?

  10. #30
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Texas actually wants to criminalize same sex people living together, and have it defined once again as sodomy.
    Ahh, cohabitation than.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •