Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 290

Thread: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

  1. #121
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    In your opinion. Nice deflection.
    Of course it's my opinion, that goes without saying. Kind of like how all the stuff you've said so far in this thread is just your opinion.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Of course it's my opinion, that goes without saying. Kind of like how all the stuff you've said so far in this thread is just your opinion.
    And you can't even admit your straw man.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In other words, you have NO evidence to back up your claim that children raised by heterosexual parents will be any more normal than kids raised by gay parents.

    Thank you for your concession.
    Spare me the theatrics.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1058818854

  4. #124
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    NARTH?



    Isn't that the org with the found who was found to have taken a rentboy with him last month?

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Sorry, but that is not evidence that the majority of children raised by gays are not normal as you claimed. Show the stats that the majority of children raised by gays are not normal.

  6. #126
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    05-14-12 @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    71

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Its logical that they are influenced most from their parents, no matter how you attempt to spin it.

    I have friends that are single parents, women, and in spite of their desire for more I can only have a tiny bit of influence with their children, near zero compared to their fathers.
    Seems that this debate comes down to the old nature v. nurture and where everything comes from. So pretty much any expert on this debate will tell you the parents will have the bigger development on the child before the age of 8. Following that though it is the peer group(If you need any book, study, article, etc, I will get it for you but assuming we are in an argument I would assume you have knowledge of this). Now tell me Southern Man, do you believe you are more the person you are because of your early childhood or your pre-teen-teenage years?

    Overall, it is a mix of genetics and environment, I believe genetics play a bigger role, therefore I guess parents would play a "bigger" role. But in terms of environment I find it hard to believe you cannot seem to believe that it is the peers that in the end play the biggest role.

  7. #127
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    That's why the AIDS rate is 50% for MSM couples.

    http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...NAL508COMP.pdf
    Sorry, but let's go back to Statistics 101: what your link says is that 48% of HIV cases are MSM.

    What it does NOT say is that 50% of gay couples have HIV.

    According to avert.org - approximately 255,000 gay men live with HIV (as of 2007). Given even the lowest estimate of the gay male population (1.5%), that's fewer than 9% of gay men that have HIV (it would be under 5% if you go with the higher estimate of the gay population (3%).

    Got it?

  8. #128
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    I've never been to a GOP event in a strip club. Have you ever been to a Democrat fund raiser in a strip club?
    Republican National Committee spent nearly $2,000 at West Hollywood strip club Voyeur

    ???

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    I view homosexuality as a sin and I don't support it, but I can't support this legislation. The Republican party is being extremely hypocritical here and selecting homosexuality and putting it on an immoral pedestal above other immoral sexual actions. Why aren't they pushing laws that outlaw fornication or sodomy? What about straight strip clubs? Those places promote lust as well and can destroy the fabric of the family (daddy going to a strip club and cheating on mommy). What about porn? I would say porn is more destructive to a marriage/family than homosexuals. If they are going to claim that they stand up for God's morals, then they need to be consistent and not single out homosexuality. It's a shame, and the hypocrisy is disgusting.
    Last edited by digsbe; 06-23-10 at 07:40 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #130
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I view homosexuality as a sin and I don't support it, but I can't support this legislation. The Republican party is being extremely hypocritical here and selecting homosexuality and putting it on an immoral pedestal above other immoral sexual actions. Why aren't they pushing laws that outlaw fornication or sodomy? What about straight strip clubs? Those places promote lust as well and can destroy the fabric of the family (daddy going to a strip club and cheating on mommy). What about porn? I would say porn is more destructive to a marriage/family than homosexuals. If they are going to claim that they stand up for God's morals, then they need to be consistent and not single out homosexuality. It's a shame, and the hypocrisy is disgusting.
    Thank you!! This is one reason I can not align myself with conservative christianity as they only seem to focus on certain things to the exclusion of others.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •