Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 290

Thread: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mango View Post
    Throw somebody in jail because they are gay?? What year is this. No Strip Clubs?? Where will the GOP hold their fund raising??
    I've never been to a GOP event in a strip club. Have you ever been to a Democrat fund raiser in a strip club?

  2. #112
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Therefore it is logical that they would benefit most from the people they are closest to.
    No, it's logical they benefit from numerous interactions, not just parents.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    No, it's logical they benefit from numerous interactions, not just parents.
    Its logical that they are influenced most from their parents, no matter how you attempt to spin it.

    I have friends that are single parents, women, and in spite of their desire for more I can only have a tiny bit of influence with their children, near zero compared to their fathers.

  4. #114
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Its logical that they are influenced most from their parents, no matter how you attempt to spin it.

    I have friends that are single parents, women, and in spite of their desire for more I can only have a tiny bit of influence with their children, near zero compared to their fathers.
    Oh please.

    aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends of the family, teachers, other children, siblings, cousins, so on and so forth. The people ALL have an influence on children. (and adults for that matter) A child's influence should NEVER come only from their parents. That'd be pretty ****ing scary. After all, they could end up with parents who think their sexuality is "abnormal" and make them hate themselves and force them to pretend they're something they're not. Kids should have many influences and sources for information, experience, and companionship. A child's parent is not, and should never be, the only source of influence.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    A child benefits from associating with parents of both sexes. Children emulate their parents, and are more likely to grow up normal if their parents are normal.
    Are you claiming that the majority of kids raised by gays are not normal? I'd like to see your stats to back such a claim up with.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Oh please.

    aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends of the family, teachers, other children, siblings, cousins, so on and so forth. The people ALL have an influence on children. (and adults for that matter) A child's influence should NEVER come only from their parents. That'd be pretty ****ing scary. After all, they could end up with parents who think their sexuality is "abnormal" and make them hate themselves and force them to pretend they're something they're not. Kids should have many influences and sources for information, experience, and companionship. A child's parent is not, and should never be, the only source of influence.
    Awesome straw man. Where did I say "exclusively"?

    Your spin is looking more and more desperate. Just admit I'm right and your wrong.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Are you claiming that the majority of kids raised by gays are not normal? I'd like to see your stats to back such a claim up with.
    Spare me with another bald-face straw man. If you have a problem with a point that I have made argue against it instead of inventing a caricature of it.

  8. #118
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Awesome straw man. Where did I say "exclusively"?

    Your spin is looking more and more desperate. Just admit I'm right and your wrong.
    I've not seen you "right" yet on this forum.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I've not seen you "right" yet on this forum.
    In your opinion. Nice deflection.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Texas GOP Platform Advocates Criminalizing Gay Marriage, Banning Strip Clubs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Spare me with another bald-face straw man. If you have a problem with a point that I have made argue against it instead of inventing a caricature of it.
    In other words, you have NO evidence to back up your claim that children raised by heterosexual parents will be any more normal than kids raised by gay parents.

    Thank you for your concession.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •