Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 206

Thread: The End of Men

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Just keep on telling yourself that, Sweetheart. Clearly, you did not read the article.
    I read the article and I have read and studied a book called The Price of Motherhood. I know enough on women and the workplace. The majority of women do not study engineering and that is a fact.

  2. #132
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Last Seen
    09-15-10 @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I don't want to be protected. That implies that I'm not capable of protecting myself. Thanks, but that just implies that I'm a victim. .
    We do need protection. Look what happened, and still happens in some places, when the law does not protect women. Europe used to be as much of a rape fest, as DRC currently is, in the bad old days, when those tribes were still pillaging and plundering. I dont think there is anything wrong, with not being able to protect ourselves against things. Nobody can, if the odds are stacked against them.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    I read the article and I have read and studied a book called The Price of Motherhood. I know enough on women and the workplace. The majority of women do not study engineering and that is a fact.
    That's true. Most women stay in traditional fields and don't earn the same amount of money. I've spent the last 15 years in a male-dominated field, which is why my earnings have been comparable to the men in my field.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    That's true. Most women stay in traditional fields and don't earn the same amount of money. I've spent the last 15 years in a male-dominated field, which is why my earnings have been comparable to the men in my field.
    Ok, let us say that it is the end of the world. Who would you want around: a women who studied liberal arts a women who studied business a women who studied nursing a housewife or a man who studied engineering? I think the answer is obvious that you would want the engineer and then for a women you'd pick one who can cook and clean and one to have fun with, etc etc.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Mell View Post
    We do need protection. Look what happened, and still happens in some places, when the law does not protect women. Europe used to be as much of a rape fest, as DRC currently is, in the bad old days, when those tribes were still pillaging and plundering. I dont think there is anything wrong, with not being able to protect ourselves against things. Nobody can, if the odds are stacked against them.
    We were talking about words here, Mellie, not physical assaults. I do not wish to be "protected" from words. Those protections only create a barrier between me and my co-workers that I do not want to exist. If a guy says something to me, we're going to have a pow wow, and he'll be schooled -- BY ME -- as to who and what I am. The last thing I would do is involve a manager in an issue like that. I might just as well admit that I can't hang on the job, and hang up my hat.

    Your perspective is...NAIVE.

  6. #136
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Last Seen
    09-15-10 @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    I read the article and I have read and studied a book called The Price of Motherhood. I know enough on women and the workplace. The majority of women do not study engineering and that is a fact.
    Yeah, but why is engineering so highly valued financially? It is because it is a traditionally male field. We really are climbing uphill, when we have to compete in fields that are more suited to men, in order to earn as much as they do.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Ok, let us say that it is the end of the world. Who would you want around: a women who studied liberal arts a women who studied business a women who studied nursing a housewife or a man who studied engineering? I think the answer is obvious that you would want the engineer and then for a women you'd pick one who can cook and clean and one to have fun with, etc etc.
    If it was the end of the world, I'd want whoever was best at killing zombies. Durr.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    We were talking about words here, Mellie, not physical assaults. I do not wish to be "protected" from words. Those protections only create a barrier between me and my co-workers that I do not want to exist. If a guy says something to me, we're going to have a pow wow, and he'll be schooled -- BY ME -- as to who and what I am. The last thing I would do is involve a manager in an issue like that. I might just as well admit that I can't hang on the job, and hang up my hat.

    Your perspective is...NAIVE.
    Mell understand that Catz is a redneck she knows how to handle guns better then most women. A guy messes with her she blows their balls off.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Mell View Post
    Yeah, but why is engineering so highly valued financially? It is because it is a traditionally male field. We really are climbing uphill, when we have to compete in fields that are more suited to men, in order to earn as much as they do.
    No. That's what they tell you in women's studies programs, but it's mistaken. Engineering is highly valued because it is a difficult and demanding field that teaches specific ways of handling information and materials. Engineers have amongst the highest IQs of any field. THAT is why it's highly paid...because it's difficult to do, and hence, those who can do it are more rare, comparatively speaking. It's all about supply/demand.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: The End of Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Mell View Post
    Yeah, but why is engineering so highly valued financially? It is because it is a traditionally male field. We really are climbing uphill, when we have to compete in fields that are more suited to men, in order to earn as much as they do.
    No it isn't just that. The engineering those men do benefit all of society. Who do you need to refine natural resources to make it useful for all of us? An engineer. Who do you want designing your plane that you fly in? An engineer. You understand what I am saying?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •