Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Why the WH won't secure our borders

  1. #21
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Did you expect anything else?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  2. #22
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Did you expect anything else?
    Wouldn't it be great to have a face to face discussion on who is tellin' the truth.....



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  3. #23
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Did you expect anything else?
    Which is why no serious person should have taken Kyl's words at face value. We should only accept what can be supported.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Don't doubt there is a degree of truth to what you say. But we shouldn't confuse this with being a "good thing".


    .
    Oh, I never said it was a good thing. But until we understand the problem, we really can't effectively find a solution. Either their reasons are valid, and we should let things stand, or we should find the best way to combat it. Letting them try to claim they are going do something when history shows us they really won't makes us tools, useful idiots. We don't need new laws, but the will to actually address trhe issue. I suspect the will appease us momentarily, and ten years from now, we'll be right back in this situation. Knowing why would help us plan better.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #25
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Did you expect anything else?
    Nope. Actually a little surprised it took that long for the "liar" shoe to fall.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Funny how this became such a big deal when there was a (D) in the president's slot. The (R)'s seem to get a pass.


    huh? Are you suggesting the minutmen and other border issues were not in the forfront during the bush years?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which is why no serious person should have taken Kyl's words at face value. We should only accept what can be supported.
    Two people in the room. So Obama's statement is more valid than Kyl's? They are both politicians. They both bend the facts. I have yet to see Obama or Janet do much for Arizona or other borders States.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #28
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Two people in the room. So Obama's statement is more valid than Kyl's? They are both politicians. They both bend the facts. I have yet to see Obama or Janet do much for Arizona or other borders States.


    No, you miss the point entirely. The fact is neither can provide support, so we shouldn't accept this at all. For us, the entire conversation didn't happen. As Kyl said it did, the burden is his and not Obama's. That just how these things work. But we should not take anything that is not supported as being true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #29
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    huh? Are you suggesting the minutmen and other border issues were not in the forfront during the bush years?
    thus far, both parties have paid lip service to securing the borders. that's it. bush was right about amnesty, btw.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #30
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Why the WH won't secure our borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you miss the point entirely. The fact is neither can provide support, so we shouldn't accept this at all. For us, the entire conversation didn't happen. As Kyl said it did, the burden is his and not Obama's. That just how these things work. But we should not take anything that is not supported as being true.
    So I can agree that both are not telling the whole story. It is politics. However, I think the adminstration has yet to send staff down to Arizona to look further into the issue of illegals. It was reported that it was promised after the meeting between the Gov and the Pres. Guess for some the Administration is doing something, there taking Az to court. Wonder if the small town in Nebraska will be next?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •