Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Hillary Clinton drops immigration bombshell: Feds will sue Arizona

  1. #31
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Hillary Clinton drops immigration bombshell: Feds will sue Arizona

    This might turn around to bite the government in the ass.

    If they lose their suit - and Arizona can maintain their law as is (which I think is the likely outcome, it's in strict adherence TO the federal law) then the fed government will be forced to permit all other states to go along with Arizona's lead AND the fed government will thus be forced to concede that, yes, there is a problem - and likely put in a position where they have to act whether they like it or not.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #32
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Hillary Clinton drops immigration bombshell: Feds will sue Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    This might turn around to bite the government in the ass.

    If they lose their suit - and Arizona can maintain their law as is (which I think is the likely outcome, it's in strict adherence TO the federal law) then the fed government will be forced to permit all other states to go along with Arizona's lead AND the fed government will thus be forced to concede that, yes, there is a problem - and likely put in a position where they have to act whether they like it or not.
    I have to be honest...I think Hillary intentionally just wrote a check that Obama cant cash. Either what she did was unintentional and VERY wreckless and irresponsible...OR...calculated.

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hillary Clinton drops immigration bombshell: Feds will sue Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I have to be honest...I think Hillary intentionally just wrote a check that Obama cant cash. Either what she did was unintentional and VERY wreckless and irresponsible...OR...calculated.
    Or she was just saying something that was already well known and reported on. Considering I linked to a news story from well before this story, about the planning for the lawsuit, that would be the case in fact that this was not some bombshell.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Hillary Clinton drops immigration bombshell: Feds will sue Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or she was just saying something that was already well known and reported on. Considering I linked to a news story from well before this story, about the planning for the lawsuit, that would be the case in fact that this was not some bombshell.
    Now wait a second...you are the same person hammering McChrystal for going to the media...SURELY you get the concept of keeping problems in-house. So now you endorse a sitting Secretary of State taking our dirty laundry to foreign countries? Its one thing for an adminsitration to consider legal challenges...its quite another thing to say the Federal government is going to sue a state.

    And again...based on WHAT???? What is it exactly the state is doing that the fed is upset about?

    Look...I'll cut through all the BULL****...I'll just say it for you. The democrats want NO ENFORCMENT of immigration laws. The WANT the illegals here...the want people dependent on government. they WANT future voters. THAT is their objection to Arizona deciding to actually enforce FEDERAL LAW.

    The notion...we are going to SUE a STATE because they DARE to actually ENFORCE OUR LAWS...holy ****...seriously???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •