Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 108

Thread: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

  1. #71
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Was he right to hit? No - because she actually didn't hit him. . . minor overreaction, it's actually understandable in this situation.
    Everything else was right. but this was..
    Wrong.


    It isn't a boxing match. Police don't escalate to match the level of force the offender is using. We go one step above them. Its not a "fair game". We are to win, they are to lose, thats how it works.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Cops are not SUPPOSED to punch angry people in the face, cops are not thugs nor are they supposed to act like thugs. There was no clear need to strike her in the face and again, he issued no verbal warnings which is EXTREMELY important and something any cop should know to do.

    She was struggling, but I saw no attempt made to cuff the woman in black before the officer struck the woman in pink
    And it has been verified that police do not have to wait to defend themselves while actively being attacked in order to warn someone.
    You warn someone before they act out, not in the middle of being assaulted.

    Police are not the public's punching bags.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Then he needs to be re-trained on handcuffing because what he seemed to be trying to didnt appear to be doing anything except grabbing her hands and holding them, not cuffing her.
    Please, offer to train him with your expert knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Again, the officer is required to give verbal warnings in this case. If the officer felt the application of force was necessary, he had the option of deploying pepper spray which is specifically designed for a situation like this.
    Again, no the officer is not required to give verbal warnings in the case where they are actively getting attacked.

    If Im getting shot at, Im not going to stand there yelling before I return fire. If Im getting attacked, im not going to bother yelling before I defend myself.

    If someone is holding a weapon but hasn't fired, I am then going to give verbal warnings, a few, before defending myself.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    The key is he never issued verbal commands or warning with is SOP in every single police department that I am aware of. The woman was also unarmed and not posing a threat to the life of the officer, that makes a difference.
    The key is, you are wrong.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    Frankly you kind of deserve to be punched for being stupid enough to go up and shove a police officer. Had he continued to punch her, that would have been overboard, but I see no problem with how he responded.
    Ding Ding Ding.
    We have a winner. He responded to an attack with an attack that ended her attack, and he didn't continue to strike her more than necessary.

    If more police responded like this, people wouldn't act like this ****ing cow acted.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    Frankly you kind of deserve to be punched for being stupid enough to go up and shove a police officer. Had he continued to punch her, that would have been overboard, but I see no problem with how he responded.
    I think this is correct. People have to realize the officer has a gun on his hip and if this turns into a wrestling match with the two women there is a chance one could get the gun out. The officer has to be in charge of the situation. In this type of confrontation you have to do what the officer asks you to do.

    Why do people think they can attack or resist an officer without consequences?

    People somehow don't think they are going to have to deal with consequences. In many ways it is like the two yahoos in another thread who attempt a prank on the grusty congressman.
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. PERIOD

  7. #77
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    I only wish I was there to help the cop. He had every right to punch that bitch in the face. She did a HELL of a lot more than resist arrest. He used good restraint because Im pretty sure I would have done... a bit.... more

    In fact I would have paid $20 if that cop shot the mother ****er that kept saying "are you serious".
    Last edited by The Giant Noodle; 06-17-10 at 12:51 AM.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I only wish I was there to help the cop. He had every right to punch that bitch in the face. She did a HELL of a lot more than resist arrest. He used good restraint because Im pretty sure I would have done... a bit.... more

    In fact I would have paid $20 if that cop shot the mother ****er that kept saying "are you serious".
    You would have only went to jail for a hate crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    The key is he never issued verbal commands or warning with is SOP in every single police department that I am aware of. The woman was also unarmed and not posing a threat to the life of the officer, that makes a difference.
    I saw nothing on the vid or news article for me to think the police officer acted wrong. But maybe in CA, as you state they have to issue a warning, but not every police department has rules like CA. Maybe the LA City Council can draft a bill to boycot Seatle and demand the the Washington State change the police procedures.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  10. #80
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

    Quote Originally Posted by hoplite View Post
    then he needs to be re-trained on handcuffing because what he seemed to be trying to didnt appear to be doing anything except grabbing her hands and holding them, not cuffing her.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    i saw nothing on the vid or news article for me to think the police officer acted wrong. But maybe in ca, as you state they have to issue a warning, but not every police department has rules like ca. Maybe the la city council can draft a bill to boycot seatle and demand the the washington state change the police procedures.
    lol.
    **** l.a.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •