Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 135

Thread: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    I'm not going to answer you line for line again.

    You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. In response to me saying that you believe companies that have never had an accident or spill should be punished you reply "Logic tells me that if they have not fixed the leak in a timely manner then it is a good idea to cease drilling operations until the can fix leak like that in a timely manner." WHAT THE HELL DOES THE BP LEAK HAVE TO DO WITH EVERY OTHER GOD DAMN COMPANY DRILLING IN THE GULF? Punish BP, say BP can't drill, but don't ban ALL DEEPWATER DRILLING BECAUSE OF ONE COMPANY!!! Do you not get this? Are you that dense? Does it make sense to punish Ford because of Toyotas accelerator problems? I mean, c'mon man. Really.

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    I guess that means that the next time a train jumps the track, releasing a few hundred thousand gallons of methylethylterrible that we should not only close down the entired railroad industry for 6 months, but the authorities should sit back on their laurels and let the railroad company deal with it.

    25th Anniversary of Livingston Parish Train Derailment - WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    I'm not going to answer you line for line again.

    You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. .
    You obviously seem to be devoid of any reality and intelligence.

    In response to me saying that you believe companies that have never had an accident or spill should be punished you reply "Logic tells me that if they have not fixed the leak in a timely manner then it is a good idea to cease drilling operations until the can fix leak like that in a timely manner." WHAT THE HELL DOES THE BP LEAK HAVE TO DO WITH EVERY OTHER GOD DAMN COMPANY DRILLING IN THE GULF? Punish BP, say BP can't drill, but don't ban ALL DEEPWATER DRILLING BECAUSE OF ONE COMPANY!!!
    If one company can not get a leak fixed then what happens when one of those thousands of other rigs have a leak? Magical fairy dust will just clean up the oil? Will someone wave a magical wand and the leak will be fixed?


    Do you not get this? Are you that dense?
    Do you not get that if one those thousands of other rigs in the Gulf of Mexico have a leak then they will be having the same problem BP is having? Are you ****en retarded or have **** for brains to not be able to grasp this simple fact? The fact that not of those other companies have a solution proves that they would be on the same boat as BP if another one of those rigs has a leak.

    Does it make sense to punish Ford because of Toyotas accelerator problems? I mean, c'mon man. Really
    If Toyotas are having an accelerator problem then Toyota is not just going to recall one Toyota, they are going to recall the cars in question. Besides that Ford and Toyota get their parts from different companies. Deep off shore oil rigs still drill deep off shore and would have the same problems if there is a leak.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #64
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess that means that the next time a train jumps the track, releasing a few hundred thousand gallons of methylethylterrible that we should not only close down the entired railroad industry for 6 months, but the authorities should sit back on their laurels and let the railroad company deal with it.

    25th Anniversary of Livingston Parish Train Derailment - WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |
    A more proper analogy would be to stop trains from transporting methylethylterrible for six months.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #65
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess that means that the next time a train jumps the track, releasing a few hundred thousand gallons of methylethylterrible that we should not only close down the entired railroad industry for 6 months, but the authorities should sit back on their laurels and let the railroad company deal with it.

    25th Anniversary of Livingston Parish Train Derailment - WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |
    Not really. Even that disaster pales in comparison. We're really talking about something quite different. But I am tickled, in a sad way, by the government better do something, but let us keep doing what is likely to have it happen again. Does anyone think this through at all?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not really. Even that disaster pales in comparison. We're really talking about something quite different. But I am tickled, in a sad way, by the government better do something, but let us keep doing what is likely to have it happen again. Does anyone think this through at all?
    So, what about all those hundreds of thousands of unemployed people and billions of dollars in lost income and tax revenue? Has anyone though that through?


    It's rally easy to go along with this dumb assed moratorium, when it's not your job and/or you're an Obama bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, what about all those hundreds of thousands of unemployed people and billions of dollars in lost income and tax revenue? Has anyone though that through?


    It's rally easy to go along with this dumb assed moratorium, when it's not your job and/or you're an Obama bot.
    It's a problem to be sure, but so is the drilling in the ocean. Sadly, we do have think beyond our individual jobs. And that would be true even if it was my job. So while I might feel for their situation, the fact is we need to make it is safe before we continue. And we may conclude that off shore drilling just isn't safe, and they will need to move on to something else. It happens.

    And yes, I have thought that through. Doing something that may hurt the economy and the jobs of others as much as this spill has can't be allowed to continue until we make sure we have more reliable safegaurds in place. And that is logical.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #68
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's a problem to be sure, but so is the drilling in the ocean. Sadly, we do have think beyond our individual jobs. And that would be true even if it was my job. So while I might feel for their situation, the fact is we need to make it is safe before we continue. And we may conclude that off shore drilling just isn't safe, and they will need to move on to something else. It happens.

    And yes, I have thought that through. Doing something that may hurt the economy and the jobs of others as much as this spill has can't be allowed to continue until we make sure we have more reliable safegaurds in place. And that is logical.

    ooohhhhhhh, it's all about sacrifice, huh? I dunno, I'm not seeing all that self sacrifice out of the banking and auto industries.

    More reliable safegaurds in place, eh? That's funny, since there hasn't been a single Leftward swinging dick raise the question about why the ****ing triple redundancy BOP failed. But, hey! We all know why none of you have. Ignorance and politics are to blame.

    IMO, stupidity reigns supreme among the Leftists, these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #69
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    After reading the link and facts that came from this thread: the dramatic **** with this most recent spill really pisses me off.

    It proves that all the oil companies only care about their profit - not the environment, not employment and the welfare of anyone. . . not the "small people" - just their selves, just their ****ing pockets.

    And our government doesn't really care about anyone, either - why isn't Obama drawing attention to this other far more serious issue in Nigeria?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    After reading the link and facts that came from this thread: the dramatic **** with this most recent spill really pisses me off.

    It proves that all the oil companies only care about their profit - not the environment, not employment and the welfare of anyone. . . not the "small people" - just their selves, just their ****ing pockets.

    And our government doesn't really care about anyone, either - why isn't Obama drawing attention to this other far more serious issue in Nigeria?
    Well, you're wrong, because the oil companies care more about the little folks than the government does.

    What's Obama going to do? Swoop in this time next year and brag about how he saved all the unemployed oilfield hands that he put out of work? Gimme a break!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •