Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 135 of 135

Thread: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    No, you said it was the deepest ever drilled. I said no it wasn't a proved you wrong. The dangers don't magically disappear when you go into water hun. Sorry, just admit you were wrong. It's ok, really. I know they are definitely drilling dozens of deeper wells overseas, that's why these rigs would boogey out with a drilling moratorium. We aren't the only game on the block.

    And I am done with you. It's like arguing with a brick. I am pulling myself out of this thread before one of us gets banned.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 06-27-10 at 06:09 PM.

  2. #132
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not sure that's true, but again the point is that it is meaningless. The trouble before us is off shore drilling. And that is the issue before us. If this mistake can happen again, and evidence has been presented that it does happen, then Obama has reason to hold on it, right?
    Did Obama shut down mining, for the good of the people in coal country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #133
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Well I am afraid I have to agree with you on this one. Deep water drilling should be strictly monitored if not out right banned, especially with the trechnology of slant drilling. Of course shallow water drilling leases and permits should be much easier to obtain.

  4. #134
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    No, you said it was the deepest ever drilled.


    See if you can follow along... This thread is about the offshore drilling ban on vertical wells with wellheads more than 1000 feet under the surface of the water off of America's shores, not a ban on horizontal extended-reach drilling done from land in Russia. Even disregarding location, the Z-11 would still not qualify for the ban because it's not a freakin' vertical deepwater offshore drilling rig.

    Vertical deepwater offshore drilling and horizontal extended-reach land-based drilling are two entirely different things. The Z-11 was the longest measured extended-reach drilling well in the world, but is not deepest offshore deepwater well. Z-11 doesn't drill through water, it was drilled through the ground underneath the Cheyvo field, which happens to be covered by water.

    But wait! You're wrong again!

    The Z-11 isn't the deepest horizontal extended-reach well. Neither is the Z-12. GSF Rig 127 is the deepest horizontal extended-reach well. Apparently, I have access to information you weren't able to get your hands on.

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    The dangers don't magically disappear when you go into water hun.
    No duh. In fact, the dangers dramatically increase when you go into the water, hun. That's why Obama was calling for a ban on new vertical deepwater offshore drilling leases and not on extended-reach drilling beneath the seabed. Because the results are that much more disastrous when things go wrong under water than on land.

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    And I am done with you. It's like arguing with a brick. I am pulling myself out of this thread before one of us gets banned.
    No, you're leaving because I've proven you wrong over and over and over again, and you've simply embarrassed yourself too much to continue. Bye now!


  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did Obama shut down mining, for the good of the people in coal country?
    Different situation. Why does your side always compare apples to road kill and think they are the same. The minning accident did not effect others outside the minning the industry. So, the response, which did involve some penalty, would not be the same.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •