Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 135

Thread: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

  1. #121
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Cap and trade is why, the Obama is pushing this and what better excuse than our current disaster in the Gulf. Foot dragging and deny help from those with resources seems very odd to me. This is crimminal behavior on behalf of our government and i hope the day comes when all involved stand before our justice system.
    I'm pretty sure an practical person will take advantage of anything they can, but even then we can still weigh it on the evidence. There is some evidence these probelms happen, and if they happen, no matter what other reasons might be in play, then it has to be evaluated within the context of the possible problems.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #122
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm pretty sure an practical person will take advantage of anything they can, but even then we can still weigh it on the evidence. There is some evidence these problems happen, and if they happen, no matter what other reasons might be in play, then it has to be evaluated within the context of the possible problems.
    Well Obama being a practical person in his cause will never let a good crisis go to waste. This problem is very easy to solve allow drilling in shallow water and on shore but if this happens cap and trade will no longer carry any weight. This disaster plays right into Obama hand and he will capitalize on it for all it's worth. The foot dragging on behalf of his administration is very telling on what Obama's agenda is, taking over the markets one piece at a time.

  3. #123
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    You're such a pinhead.
    • The Deepwater Horizon was the deepest offshore oil well on the planet, EVER.
    • It blew up after being in operation for a grand total of SEVEN MONTHS.
    • It produced the largest offshore oil spill in US history.




    Even someone as thick as you should be able to understand the point here:

    The more record-breaking ultra-deepwater drills we build, the greater the potential for record-breaking disasters like this one.
    And now, those American rigs that Buckey put out of work are going down to Brazil, to work for George Soros' Petrobras and start drilling at over 2,000 meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    You're such a pinhead.
    • The Deepwater Horizon was the deepest offshore oil well on the planet, EVER.
    • It blew up after being in operation for a grand total of SEVEN MONTHS.
    • It produced the largest offshore oil spill in US history.




    Even someone as thick as you should be able to understand the point here:

    The more record-breaking ultra-deepwater drills we build, the greater the potential for record-breaking disasters like this one.
    So you resort to namecalling when you know you've been beat? Your "lean" has now been disclosed, your a typical lib!

    In one post you say, "for someone who pretends to know about the gulf" and in the next you're calling me a pinhead. You know, you don't increase your credibility here when you attack one of a handful of posters on this entire forum who've lived this life for 40+ years. You make yourself look bad, trust me on this one.

    Namecalling is a method used by those who know they've been beat. And we all know you've been beat, hun.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 06-26-10 at 10:44 PM.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well Obama being a practical person in his cause will never let a good crisis go to waste. This problem is very easy to solve allow drilling in shallow water and on shore but if this happens cap and trade will no longer carry any weight. This disaster plays right into Obama hand and he will capitalize on it for all it's worth. The foot dragging on behalf of his administration is very telling on what Obama's agenda is, taking over the markets one piece at a time.
    Not sure that's true, but again the point is that it is meaningless. The trouble before us is off shore drilling. And that is the issue before us. If this mistake can happen again, and evidence has been presented that it does happen, then Obama has reason to hold on it, right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #126
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    In one post you say, "for someone who pretends to know about the gulf" and in the next you're calling me a pinhead. You know, you don't increase your credibility here when you attack one of a handful of posters on this entire forum who've lived this life for 40+ years. You make yourself look bad, trust me on this one.

    Namecalling is a method used by those who know they've been beat. And we all know you've been beat, hun.
    Keep telling yourself that if helps you sleep better at night.

    As the data I've provided in this thread has proved inconclusively, for someone who claims to know so much you're astoundingly uninformed as to the facts.

    But do please keep insisting that Gulf region MMS employees haven't been found to be corrupt, and that there are other wells just as deep as the Horizon that have been operating for 60 years and have been shown to be perfectly safe.

    Please. Everyone loves a good laugh.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    LOL yea, every time you open your mouth stupidity spews forward. Some of it is so stupid you can't even find links to rebut it.

    Overseas there are DOZENS of these wells in place, as deep or deeper than this, and they're kickin' along just fine. Do your own damn research on this. I ain't ya bitch.

  8. #128
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    LOL yea, every time you open your mouth stupidity spews forward. Some of it is so stupid you can't even find links to rebut it.
    You make absolutely NO sense. I've provided documented evidence of my assertions, which have proven you wrong, over and over again. If you think what I've offered is so "stupid" it's incumbent upon YOU to "find links to rebut it." I'm satisfied that you will not be able to.

    But then again, you don't provide documentation for anything at all. You just go on about how much you know because your daddy works for the (utterly corrupt) MMS Gulf region division.

    How about backing up your wild nonsense with some factual evidence?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Overseas there are DOZENS of these wells in place, as deep or deeper than this, and they're kickin' along just fine. Do your own damn research on this. I ain't ya bitch.
    Sorry, you're simply wrong. Again.
    Deepwater Horizon Drills World's Deepest Oil & Gas Well

    Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) announced that its ultra-deepwater semisubmersible rig Deepwater Horizon recently drilled the deepest oil and gas well ever while working for BP and its co-owners on the Tiber well in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Working with BP, the Transocean crews on the Deepwater Horizon drilled the well to 35,050 vertical depth and 35,055 feet measured depth (MD), or more than six miles, while operating in 4,130 feet of water.

    "This impressive well depth record reflects the intensive planning and focus on effective operations by BP and the drilling crews of the Deepwater Horizon," said Robert L. Long, Transocean Ltd.'s Chief Executive Officer. "Congratulations to everyone involved."

    These achievements are the latest in Transocean's history of world and other records dating back to the 1950s. In 2005, the ultra-deepwater drillship Discoverer Spirit set the record for the longest Gulf of Mexico oil and gas well at 34,189 feet, MD. Most recently, the Transocean jackup GSF Rig 127 drilled the industry’s longest extended-reach well in 2008 while working for Maersk Oil Qatar AS at 40,320 feet MD with a 35,770-foot horizontal section. The well was drilled offshore Qatar in 36 days and was incident-free.

    Transocean also holds the current world water-depth record of operating in 10,011 feet of water set while working for Chevron in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
    BP drills oil discovery in the Gulf of Mexico

    Published: Sep 2, 2009

    HOUSTON -- BP says it has drilled a “giant” oil discovery on the Tiber prospect in Keathley Canyon block 102 in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico Transocean’s using semisub Deepwater Horizon. The well, in 4,132 ft (1,259 m) of water, struck oil in multiple lower tertiary reservoirs, BP reports. It was drilled to a total depth of approximately 35,055 ft (10,685 m), making it the deepest well ever drilled by the oil and gas industry.
    For the record, the above article comes from:

    Offshore magazine, first published in 1954, is a monthly publication recognized as the worldwide leader for covering the key issues and trends relative to offshore technology, oil and gas E&P operations. It is the world's most highly respected magazine dedicated entirely to the offshore industry, and enjoys the highest and most widely read circulation in its class. Since 1910, The PennWell Petroleum Group has been the industry leader for coverage of and service to the worldwide petroleum industry. Its foundation magazines are Oil & Gas Journal, Offshore, Oil, Gas & Petrochem Equipment, Oil & Gas Financial Journal, LNG Observer and The Petroleum Buyers Guide. The group also produces targeted e-Newsletters, hosts global conferences and exhibitions, seminars and forums, directories and technical books, print and electronic databases, surveys and maps.
    Silly me. Taking their word over yours.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    And I found this:

    http://www.azom.com/news.asp?newsID=8326

    Looks like I was right yet again, deepwater horizon is not the deepest well in the world.

    They are DRILLING wells deeper than deepwater horizon. I know that for sure. Granted it's not in Europe as I originally thought, but deepwater horizon isn't the deepest. It may not be in 5000' of water, but its deeper than DWH.

    See, you'd know nothing without google, I don't need it to gain my information. I have access to information you would NEVER be able to get your hands on. Since you don't take the word of someone who's had more experience while sleeping with offshore drilling than you ever had in your entire life, I have to try to find a link to corroborate what I already know to be true. Not always easy. But, as you can see, sometimes possible!

    Might want to check your sources before you continue to embarrass yourself! LOL This is so much fun, keep going! I'm having a blast! You post a bunch of bull**** and with one tiny link I prove you wrong. Oh what fun it is!
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 06-27-10 at 05:41 PM.

  10. #130
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Louisiana wants offshore drilling ban lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    And I found this:

    ExxonMobile Complete Drilling of Deepest Well in the World

    Granted it's not in Europe as I originally thought, but deepwater horizon isn't the deepest. It may not be in 5000' of water, but its deeper than DWH.
    This discussion is about offshore drilling rigs (see thread title). Did you even read your link? The Z-11 well is not an offshore oil drilling rig.
    The multiphase Sakhalin-1 Project includes the Chayvo field which is located 5 to 7 miles (8 to 11 kilometers) offshore. The Z-11 was drilled to the Chayvo reservoir from the Yastreb rig, the world's largest land-based drilling rig.
    And your assertion that

    there are DOZENS of these wells in place, as deep or deeper than this,
    is still wrong, isn't it? As is your assertion that the Gulf region division of the MMS was never found to be utterly and completely corrupt.

    You know, you might want to check your sources before you continue to embarrass yourself! LOL This is so much fun, keep going! I'm having a blast! You post a bunch of bull**** and with your OWN link I prove you wrong. Oh what fun it is!


Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •