Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 264

Thread: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

  1. #151
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    God birthers tire me.

    Seriously, can't these people go run off and have a interkook baseball game with the truther's and just stay away for a bit.

    The absolute worst of those two tin foil hat crowds are the people who don't even have the guts to actually be open about it, acting like they're somehow so much better than the rest of us for "asking questions".

    Unfortunante note for them. There are stupid questions, and stupid people, and stupid people that ask stupid questions. While not all birther's may fall into the latter categories, every single one of thier "questions" fall into the former.

    There is absolutely zero reasonable, rational, understandable, or commendable about the conspiracy hogwash that the birthers are trying to peddle out there and they do nothing but make themselves look foolish and unworthy of any kind of positive attention or credance of any kind on any subject matter after for it shows a severe and complete lack of rational and logical thought being capable in their heads when it comes to those they dislike.

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Until then, I'll stay neutral instead of blindly believing the quote is true. .
    Translation:

    "I will continue to act like a birther, talk like a birther, bring up points like a birther, defend birthers, fight the birther fight, but declare myself 'neutral' and act 'above the fray' because everyone knows the notion behind the entire birther movement is ****ing retarded and absolutely idiotic and no one would ever take me seriously if I actually made my position well known so I'm hoping that somehow everyone else are absolute bafoons and can't tell that I'm a duck while I'm walking, quacking, swimming, and eating like one".

  3. #153
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Translation:

    "I will continue to act like a birther, talk like a birther, bring up points like a birther, defend birthers, fight the birther fight, but declare myself 'neutral' and act 'above the fray' because everyone knows the notion behind the entire birther movement is ****ing retarded and absolutely idiotic and no one would ever take me seriously if I actually made my position well known so I'm hoping that somehow everyone else are absolute bafoons and can't tell that I'm a duck while I'm walking, quacking, swimming, and eating like one".
    Birthers think Obama is not a U.S. citizen. Because you don't like the subject matter doesn't mean you can take it out on my, or what you percieve are my motives. Wait, your a mod right? Should I have to remind you to discuss the topic and not the poster?

    Now we see if I get thread banned or a little 3 point infraction...
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #154
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Birthers think Obama is not a U.S. citizen. Because you don't like the subject matter doesn't mean you can take it out on my, or what you percieve are my motives. Wait, your a mod right? Should I have to remind you to discuss the topic and not the poster?

    Now we see if I get thread banned or a little 3 point infraction...
    Indeed, and the birther movement is directly and unquestionably tied into the "Obama is a Muslim" movement as each is simply the jumping off place to suggest the other. Obama isn't a citizen therefore he's lying therefore he really is a secret evil muslim! Obama is actually an evil secret Muslim and has been lying to us and therefore he really isn't a citizen! This is along the same lines as those that try and say "oh no, of COURSE 9/11 was done by Radical Islamists" and then turn around and try to suggest that it was known to be happening by Bush and they allowed it to happen in order to wait 2 years to invade Iraq for the oil we don't have. Its the splitting of a conspiracy theory into two parts in hopes that one is more platitable than the other and so you can say something outrageous without it seeming AS outrageous as what you actually hope.

    In this case your own statements and arguments are part of the discussion. You're stating you're "remaining neutral" which is an utter and complete falsehood, a statement made in words only but in no way actions. Pointing out that your actions show the lie that is your statement is not a personal attack nor avoiding the topic, but discussing the valididity of your argument. Discussing the poster is like someone going "Zyphlin you're an asshole". Discussing the topic by referencing the credibility of the person making the comments would be going "Zyphlin, you keep saying you believe the Patriot Act is completely fine but its obviously you don't really believe that because your posts are filled with complaints you have and changes you want to the Patriot Act". Referencing a poster, their views, and how they relate is not the same as making a post simply about an individual.

    By all rational and reasonable accounts Obama is not a Muslim. The only way to accuse otherwise is to take things completely out of context, to believe that a 10+ year conspiracy has duped both political vetters on his side and political opponents, that blog sites and questionably biased sources are somehow 100% trustworthy bastions of unquestionable truth, and even then its hazy at best.

  5. #155
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    [a bunch of stuff]
    OMG Zyphlin is a Muslim!! He's in on it!

  6. #156
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If you had more of a rebuttal I'd appreciate it... that's what happens when things are hidden and we can't discuss facts--- supposition by definition is a "what if". Is this where I claim the "ahh yes, the typical progressive talking points..." blabla? At least rebut with substance.

    It's not for lack of looking - but if you find it and post it I'm sure there will then be the standard whining of the "translation", context, misinterpretation and "Obama didn't mean it that way", not to mention the call of question into the agenda and seeded conspiracy theories of Israel underminding Obama due to the snub last month by Obama at the White House. Did I miss anything?
    So does not actually debating, blindly apologizing and making partisan excuses. Perhaps actually discussing the evidence that is available is beyond your scope due to your political beliefs.


    There we go... they're lying, or it was a misinterpretation. A faux pas, fault in wording or translation...

    When you find the facts that it's a lie or misinterpretation, let me know. Until then, I'll stay neutral instead of blindly believing the quote is true. A position you may want to adopt instead of putting up the defensive walls of excuses.
    AS I understand this whole post, it seems to be saying that despite there being zero evidence to back up this claim, until some one proves it wrong it stands. That is an odd standard. Some of it is classic though. Obama is hiding stuff, which is why the facts are not out there, and since the facts re not out there, clearly Obama is hiding stuff.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #157
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Its the splitting of a conspiracy theory into two parts in hopes that one is more platitable than the other and so you can say something outrageous without it seeming AS outrageous as what you actually hope.
    What do I hope and how do you know what I am hoping? Notice this is all about me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    In this case your own statements and arguments are part of the discussion. You're stating you're "remaining neutral" which is an utter and complete falsehood,
    Because you know me so well... I'm stating an opinion based on the evidence available. I'm drawing no definite conclusions nor am I taking a side. The accusation is inappropriate and of itself - a falsehood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    a statement made in words only but in no way actions. Pointing out that your actions show the lie that is your statement is not a personal attack nor avoiding the topic, but discussing the valididity of your argument.
    You're not discussing validity, you're discussing intent - which you have no basis in knowing other than assumption based on my previous posts. Let me set you straight - it was an attack because you dismiss the subject matter by launching into accusations of being a "birther". This seems a problem more with you and not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Discussing the poster is like someone going "Zyphlin you're an asshole". Discussing the topic by referencing the credibility of the person making the comments would be going "Zyphlin, you keep saying you believe the Patriot Act is completely fine but its obviously you don't really believe that because your posts are filled with complaints you have and changes you want to the Patriot Act". Referencing a poster, their views, and how they relate is not the same as making a post simply about an individual.
    Then please - reference my posts and show my support for the "birthers". And yes, you continue to discuss me and my intent and credibility but not the topic. My charge stands - either discuss the topic and why it's outrageous, the credibility of the evidence, the lack of substance of the quote, etc... but not my intent, my motivations or my credibility. What you deem credible is not my problem - nor should I have to continually defend myself at personal attacks on my creditability, my intent or my motivations of which you seem to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    By all rational and reasonable accounts Obama is not a Muslim.
    I agree - the only statement to the contrary is his misuse during the interview in the campaign and the quote provided by the Egyptian News station and the Israeli publication that quoted it. This does not then exclude the topic from being discussed nor does it invite or excuse Post #152.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The only way to accuse otherwise is to take things completely out of context, to believe that a 10+ year conspiracy has duped both political vetters on his side and political opponents, that blog sites and questionably biased sources are somehow 100% trustworthy bastions of unquestionable truth, and even then its hazy at best.
    I agree. Discussing a topic of "what if's" and supposition based on an article I believe, is what we're all here for. Continual posting of Translation: "Your a birther" nonsense has no place in this thread nor adds to the topic of discussion or debate thereof. I'll be plain: Take your accusations and put them away. You're pet peeve is not my problem so stop it.

    That's the end of this discussion between you and I on this subject and I'd appreciate the bare minimum of civility if you can muster it in the future.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #158
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Don't forget this:

    Incredibly, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

    Honest. This isn’t a joke. The president of the United States, in a top-secret phone call to a major European ally, asked for French troops to join American soldiers in attacking Iraq as a mission from God.

    Now out of office, Chirac recounts that the American leader appealed to their “common faith” (Christianity) and told him: “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled…. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.” (...)
    Council for Secular Humanism
    This is an Op-Ed piece from the editor of th Charleston Gazette , supposedly citing an article from Lausanne University's school newspaper,( a French-language Swiss paper? ) by a Dr. Romer (credentials?) who was allegedly contacted by Pres. Chirac regarding the statement. LOL, how much more circumstantial could this evidence possibly be? AMAZING how the mainstream media (who, BTW was all over EVERY flub EVER committed by Bush) missed this one! Hmmmmm........apparently a very reputable source.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  9. #159
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    AS I understand this whole post, it seems to be saying that despite there being zero evidence to back up this claim, until some one proves it wrong it stands. That is an odd standard. Some of it is classic though. Obama is hiding stuff, which is why the facts are not out there, and since the facts re not out there, clearly Obama is hiding stuff.
    No, I'm saying that the quote is curious as to it's motives (if true) and I'm not sure who it's intended to benefit. That IF Obama were hiding being a Muslim, there are good reasons for him to do so and that his own flub during the campaign lends credibility to this Foreign Ministers quotation. I don't know if it's true or not, but apparently I've hit upon a nerve that everyone (especially the Mods) seem to be overly sensitive about as the result is accusations and assumptions on my intent and motivation which I see as inaccurate, inappropriate and unfair. Either way, it's apparent that even the discussion about the possibility of the quote being real is causing some real agida...

    I don't know if the quote or story is made up or real. To your previous point, there's no reference to coorborate it. That doesn't mean it's true or not true.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #160
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    This is an Op-Ed piece from the editor of th Charleston Gazette , supposedly citing an article from Lausanne University's school newspaper,( a French-language Swiss paper? ) by a Dr. Romer (credentials?) who was allegedly contacted by Pres. Chirac regarding the statement. LOL, how much more circumstantial could this evidence possibly be? AMAZING how the mainstream media (who, BTW was all over EVERY flub EVER committed by Bush) missed this one! Hmmmmm........apparently a very reputable source.
    Just do a short google search. You will find that this statement by Bush has indeed been confirmed by former French President Chirac.

    Now Chirac may be lying. But this story is very well confirmed. Chirac did make this statement, and this particular site is just one of the few hits when doing a google search. If you don't like it, do another search and you'll easily find better sources.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •