Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 264

Thread: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

  1. #131
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You call that a church?


    It took 2 weeks for Americans to see what Obama didn't in 20-years.
    Wright makes similar sounds as Farrakhan and Malcolm X.

    I pretty much agree with his take on Libs though.
    FORA.tv - Malcolm X: Address to the Ford Hall Forum
    Audio only.
    .
    It's always funny when self-declared Christians attack each other, accusing them of "not being real Christians". Nobody who's on the outside will ever understand that.

    And no, I don't see anything in that video that would be any more weird or unreasonable than what you hear in any random other church.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then you are calling the Egyption Official a Liar?
    Not necessarily. He could've misunderstood. He could've mishood. The blogger could be lying. The blogger could've misunderstood. The blogger could've misrepresented. Etc.

  3. #133
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    OMG Obama is a muslim!! I know its true because it was on some random website on the INTERNET!

    This thread is a great example of people believing what they want to despite evidence and reason. In this case, that Obama is a muslim.

  4. #134
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    OMG Obama is a muslim!!
    If he is, it's shown a few things.

    First, he lied to the American people about his faith and is hiding his true faith - probably because he knows that a majority of Americans do not want a President of the United States who is a Muslim. Second, he's trying to hide it. Third, such a faith may be affecting his foreign policy where Israel / Palestine is concerned. Fourth, it's not affecting the killing of Al Qaeda members apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I know its true because it was on some random website on the INTERNET!
    Nile-TV is not a "random website" but the 2nd News Network of Egypt.
    Nile TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Spinning and dismissing doesn't work well on the interwebz.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    This thread is a great example of people believing what they want to despite evidence and reason.
    Evidence and reason are not one in the same. The evidence as you call it, in this case shows a quotation from the Egyptian FM who stated:

    "The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim," said Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Nile TV. Link

    The evidence so far is one sided: Egypt's FM says Obama told him he (Obama) is (not was) a Muslim. It's unknown how it was meant but that's the quoted claim. I see no evidence to the contrary that such statement was taken out of context, was a figurative statement or was a misquote. There's also some verbal slip ups where Obama says "My Muslim faith" and then corrects himself to state "my Christian faith" - faux pas? Ok. But the evidence claiming Obama is a Muslim is mounting... that doesn't make it true, it just means the evidence is mounting.

    Did Obama pick a Church in Washington D.C. yet?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #135
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If he is, it's shown a few things.

    First, he lied to the American people about his faith and is hiding his true faith - probably because he knows that a majority of Americans do not want a President of the United States who is a Muslim. Second, he's trying to hide it. Third, such a faith may be affecting his foreign policy where Israel / Palestine is concerned. Fourth, it's not affecting the killing of Al Qaeda members apparently.



    Nile-TV is not a "random website" but the 2nd News Network of Egypt.
    Nile TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Spinning and dismissing doesn't work well on the interwebz.

    Evidence and reason are not one in the same. The evidence as you call it, in this case shows a quotation from the Egyptian FM who stated:

    "The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim," said Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Nile TV. Link

    The evidence so far is one sided: Egypt's FM says Obama told him he (Obama) is (not was) a Muslim. It's unknown how it was meant but that's the quoted claim. I see no evidence to the contrary that such statement was taken out of context, was a figurative statement or was a misquote. There's also some verbal slip ups where Obama says "My Muslim faith" and then corrects himself to state "my Christian faith" - faux pas? Ok. But the evidence claiming Obama is a Muslim is mounting... that doesn't make it true, it just means the evidence is mounting.

    Did Obama pick a Church in Washington D.C. yet?
    As I said. People will pick up any "evidence" they want which gives credit to their preconceived notions. Right now, there is no context to this and it should be taken with a grain of salt. I have a hard time believing that someone with Obama's background is a muslim, given that there is extensive evidence of him being Muslim since he has done some serious No-nos according to that faith. Such as going to a Christian church for worship, swearing in on a bible, etc.

    Also, I can see much to be gained for the muslim world by concluding that Obama is in fact muslim. It would provide a pride and cultural "one-up" and that alone is reason to cast suspician on this claim.

    Also, Egypt doesn't exactly have freedom of the press, so political considerations (the "one-up") will play a very real role in this sort of thing. As it is, given that it is not a free media, I have no reason to believe it any more than I do a tabloid.

  6. #136
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    As I said. People will pick up any "evidence" they want which gives credit to their preconceived notions.
    That's not what you said, you made an off-hand remark that made it seem as though this was some random internet site making the claim - it was not. Also, what is Egypts Foreign Ministers "preconcieved notion" for stating what he said on Egypts News network and how are people who question that statement now lumped in with some agenda? Taken on face value - either it's true or a lie. So far, no one's claiming it's a lie that's showing rebuttal evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I have a hard time believing that someone with Obama's background is a muslim, given that there is extensive evidence of him being Muslim since he has done some serious No-nos according to that faith.
    Being a Muslim is not all or nothing - there are good Muslims and bad Muslims according to the faith. It's the same in every religion ... some are stricter and more religious than others. Father Chukla drank like a fish when I was a kid and in his earlier years was known to visit a "red light" district to "save souls" - though we all knew he was dipping the stick in the pond.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Also, I can see much to be gained for the muslim world by concluding that Obama is in fact muslim. It would provide a pride and cultural "one-up" and that alone is reason to cast suspician on this claim.
    Ok... if in fact he is a Muslim it would I think, be the end of his Presidency one way or the other here in America.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Also, Egypt doesn't exactly have freedom of the press, so political considerations (the "one-up") will play a very real role in this sort of thing. As it is, given that it is not a free media, I have no reason to believe it any more than I do a tabloid.
    Fine. It doesn't change anything and I'm not here to convince you. I'm simply stating the facts and rejecting your previous post which was pure political damage control and pro-Obama spin.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #137
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    i have proof Obama can fly


    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #138
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Amazing how there's so many pictures of Obama doing all sorts of recreational activities. He must be having a wonderful time getting in this much fun.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #139
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's not what you said, you made an off-hand remark that made it seem as though this was some random internet site making the claim - it was not. Also, what is Egypts Foreign Ministers "preconcieved notion" for stating what he said on Egypts News network and how are people who question that statement now lumped in with some agenda? Taken on face value - either it's true or a lie. So far, no one's claiming it's a lie that's showing rebuttal evidence.
    I stand by my offhand remark. I wasn't commenting on the preconceived notions of the guy from Islam. I was referring to certain people here. I really don't care what this guy thinks because I have no way of knowing whether he is being honest or if his remarks are politically motivated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Being a Muslim is not all or nothing - there are good Muslims and bad Muslims according to the faith. It's the same in every religion ... some are stricter and more religious than others. Father Chukla drank like a fish when I was a kid and in his earlier years was known to visit a "red light" district to "save souls" - though we all knew he was dipping the stick in the pond.
    One of the very basics of Islam is that you profess your faith. Not doing that and calling yourself a muslim would be like not believing Jesus Christ and calling yourself a christian. There are some firm lines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Ok... if in fact he is a Muslim it would I think, be the end of his Presidency one way or the other here in America.

    Fine. It doesn't change anything and I'm not here to convince you. I'm simply stating the facts and rejecting your previous post which was pure political damage control and pro-Obama spin.
    It probably would destroy his career, but I would like some solid evidence that it was true. Perhaps a picture of him praying or evidence of him performing the hajj, etc. But no this isn't damage control. What would be the point of damage control on a forum where people have already made up their mind? I like to think I am a little smarter than what you are accusing me of here.

    Ultimately, there are some people who are going to believe what they want to, no matter what reality and evidence presents (the people here commonly referred to as hacks) and there are people here who are reasonable (I like to think that you Ockham are one of those people). I was laughing at the hacks because they deserve to be laughed at. In no way was I trying to make a greater point because right now, in the absense of evidence, there is none to be made.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Are you saying there is absolutely NO possibility that the Egyptian official is either lying or misunderstood and this Egyptian official is to be taken 100% by his word?

    If you say yes to any of that, send me $100,000 cause I'm Jesus and you would then be gullible enough to buy that.
    I am saying Obama has a history of lying and deceiving so I do not believe Obama

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •