Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 264

Thread: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

  1. #91
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You claim an organization that is started by former Hamas people and that supports terrorism denounces it. Nice try but does not work
    Look, on that site I linked to are dozens of external links to many different, various Muslim sources condemning terrorism.

    You posted a link to an article that condemns a completely unrelated Muslim organization that has nothing whatsoever to do with the condemnations on that other side. What is that supposed to prove exactly?

    Is it an attempt at dadaist humor?
    Last edited by German guy; 06-14-10 at 12:30 AM.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    He either lied to voters or to the head of Egypt you figure it out
    I could see Obama saying all the things that Egyptian guy claims he said, except that he himself is a Muslim (because clearly he's not, or if he is, he's a wretched one; he drinks and smokes cigarettes. His daughters wear miniskirts, and his wife bosses him around), and that he supports "the Islamic Agenda", because there isn't one, and so that would be a rather silly thing to say, especially to an Islamic individual, who would be like, "WTF are you talking about, dude?"

    Besides, if he actually said all these things, what motivation does this Islamic minister have in blowing the whistle on him?
    Wouldn't it behoove him more to just keep his mouth shut, smug in his knowledge that the leader of the most powerful nation in the world secretly "supports" his "agenda"?

    I mean, he dang sure won't be supporting it now.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Look, on that site I linked to are dozens of external links to many different, various Muslim sources condemning terrorism.

    You posted a link to an article that condemns a completely unrelated Muslim organization that has nothing whatsoever to do with the condemnations on that other side. What is that supposed to prove exactly?

    Is it an attempt at dadaist humor?
    Look at your list Cair is on it. Are the rest as much of hypocrites as Cair is. Organizations like Cair make people suspicious of Islam

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I could see Obama saying all the things that Egyptian guy claims he said, except that he himself is a Muslim (because clearly he's not, or if he is, he's a wretched one; he drinks and smokes cigarettes. His daughters wear miniskirts, and his wife bosses him around), and that he supports "the Islamic Agenda", because there isn't one, and so that would be a rather silly thing to say, especially to an Islamic individual, who would be like, "WTF are you talking about, dude?"

    Besides, if he actually said all these things, what motivation does this Islamic minister have in blowing the whistle on him?
    Wouldn't it behoove him more to just keep his mouth shut, smug in his knowledge that the leader of the most powerful nation in the world secretly "supports" his "agenda"?

    I mean, he dang sure won't be supporting it now.
    He also claims to be a Christian. With what you just stated how good of a Christian is he?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    He also claims to be a Christian. With what you just stated how good of a Christian is he?
    As I stated in a previous post, I believe he's a nominal "Christian", ie a Christian in name only.
    Until this fundamentalist revival occurred about 25 years ago, this was quite common for men, and was considered very appropriate.
    In fact, I'd say the vast majority of US presidents have been nominal Christians only.
    Until this generation, religious fervor in males was considered unseemly and in poor taste, unless they were actual members of the clergy.
    I think nominal Christianity befits a leader of a country which espouses freedom of religion.
    His positions are likely to be more rational and moderate than those of some flaming cokehead-turned-fundy like his predecessor.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    As I stated in a previous post, I believe he's a nominal "Christian", ie a Christian in name only.
    Until this fundamentalist revival occurred about 25 years ago, this was quite common for men, and was considered very appropriate.
    In fact, I'd say the vast majority of US presidents have been nominal Christians only.
    Until this generation, religious fervor in males was considered unseemly and in poor taste, unless they were actual members of the clergy.
    I think nominal Christianity befits a leader of a country which espouses freedom of religion.
    His positions are likely to be more rational and moderate than those of some flaming cokehead-turned-fundy like his predecessor.
    Which brings into question the whole faith of the candidate question to begin with. You can't know a man's heart, and just wanting a show is hardly something we should encourage.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #97
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Look at your list Cair is on it. Are the rest as much of hypocrites as Cair is. Organizations like Cair make people suspicious of Islam
    So there are, what, a hundred organizations, scholars and private people on that list of Muslims condemning terrorism, and one of them apparently is shedding crocodile's tears only (assuming they didn't change after 9/11)? That's your reasoning?

    Assuming someone held the same kind of suspicious attitude towards Jews in general, wouldn't you jump at him calling him an anti-Semite immediately? (Correct me if that's not the case.) Double standard ... ?
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    As I stated in a previous post, I believe he's a nominal "Christian", ie a Christian in name only.
    Until this fundamentalist revival occurred about 25 years ago, this was quite common for men, and was considered very appropriate.
    In fact, I'd say the vast majority of US presidents have been nominal Christians only.
    Until this generation, religious fervor in males was considered unseemly and in poor taste, unless they were actual members of the clergy.
    I think nominal Christianity befits a leader of a country which espouses freedom of religion.
    His positions are likely to be more rational and moderate than those of some flaming cokehead-turned-fundy like his predecessor.
    Nice BS and bias

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    So there are, what, a hundred organizations, scholars and private people on that list of Muslims condemning terrorism, and one of them apparently is shedding crocodile's tears only (assuming they didn't change after 9/11)? That's your reasoning?

    Assuming someone held the same kind of suspicious attitude towards Jews in general, wouldn't you jump at him calling him an anti-Semite immediately? (Correct me if that's not the case.) Double standard ... ?
    Nice try but I showed that some Muslim organizations say one thing but believe another. Spin if you want but the truth is we can not tell if these groups really dislike the terrorists. Funny how you bring uo Jews

  10. #100
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Egyptian minister: Obama told me he is a Muslim

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    As I stated in a previous post, I believe he's a nominal "Christian", ie a Christian in name only.
    Until this fundamentalist revival occurred about 25 years ago, this was quite common for men, and was considered very appropriate.
    In fact, I'd say the vast majority of US presidents have been nominal Christians only.
    Until this generation, religious fervor in males was considered unseemly and in poor taste, unless they were actual members of the clergy.
    I think nominal Christianity befits a leader of a country which espouses freedom of religion.
    Most real Christians would agree that there is no such thing as a "nominal" Christian. The term Christian is interpreted literally "Little Christ" You either have Christ in your spiritual life or you do not. There is no "grey area."

    His positions are likely to be more rational and moderate than those of some flaming cokehead-turned-fundy like his predecessor
    You're referring to Bush? Cokehead turned "fundy?" as in a fundamentalist Christian? So, what presidential actions/statements from Bush would lead ANYONE to assume that Bush CLAIMED to be a fundamentalist Christian? LOL This seems to be a blatant ad hominem on your part.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •