Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 87

Thread: Health law could ban low-cost plans

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Suprisingly, I'm not suprised.
    Rivrrat can divide by zero.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I think everything in this sentence is wrong.
    You can think that all you want, but it doesn't your position more informed or correct.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #13
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What you mean is delay it until nothing happened at all. That was the stategy. Right?
    one- I was being somewhat sarcastic when I said "but we had to pass HCR now". IMO, Congress got in way to much of a hurry to get the HCR done. Not enough thought went into it. OK based on your comment. NO it is not delay till nothing happens. Maybe we should vote in people who will work togeather and quit the partisan crap. So your saying its better to pass a "iffy/bad" law then try and fix it, then develop a decent law and pass it?

    Also if the law was so urgently needed, why wait 4 years for it to be implemented fully? Seems you would want something that could be in place right away. Or was it a tactic by some to seem to please some of the people because elections are coming in November?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Suprisingly, I'm not suprised.

    There are days when I just LOVES me some Rivrrat.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Ah just another reason why when government touches something it turns to ****. Im sure people that have these insurance plans are going to be soooo happy when they hear this news.

    Health law could ban low-cost plans - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com
    see, the problem is that health insurance costs too much. so, what we're going to do, is find those companies that are able to bring health insurance costs down.... and ban them. yeah! that'll do it!


    :facepalm: Democrat economics at it's finest.

  6. #16
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    And thanks to it not slowing down the health care costs, companies are going to start paying the fines rather than supply them. Watch, all that money from the fines will most likely go to global warming or something and all those people that the health care law was supposed to help will be left in the dust.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    one- I was being somewhat sarcastic when I said "but we had to pass HCR now". IMO, Congress got in way to much of a hurry to get the HCR done. Not enough thought went into it. OK based on your comment. NO it is not delay till nothing happens. Maybe we should vote in people who will work togeather and quit the partisan crap. So your saying its better to pass a "iffy/bad" law then try and fix it, then develop a decent law and pass it?

    Also if the law was so urgently needed, why wait 4 years for it to be implemented fully? Seems you would want something that could be in place right away. Or was it a tactic by some to seem to please some of the people because elections are coming in November?
    I'm all for voting for people who will work together, but that is not the way it is right now. But your comment about urgency shows you miss the point. This problem is decades old and this is not the first effort to bring about reform. All other efforts led to the delay you seek, which eventually led to momentum dying and nothing happening. Always things like the death panel and socialism nonsense get thrown out in order to muddy up the effort. Nothing new in this. So, there was some urgency to get something passed for there to be any hope of anything happening beyond the stagnation of the past.

    Again, we have history to show us how this has worked before. Both sides understand the history. As we're educated and attentive people, we should understand it as well. The issue is not dead, it can be changed, improved, worked on, which could not have really been done had the effort been allowed to die by waiting.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 06-09-10 at 12:25 AM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What you mean is delay it until nothing happened at all. That was the stategy. Right?
    And this is the right strategy??? Lemme' guess, things weren't cocked up enough, so the government had to cock them up a little more. Am I close?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And this is the right strategy??? Lemme' guess, things weren't cocked up enough, so the government had to cock them up a little more. Am I close?
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Yes, to move forward, you must first take a step forward. If delay leads to death, and histroy shows us on this issue it does, this step is required.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Health law could ban low-cost plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Yes, to move forward, you must first take a step forward. If delay leads to death, and histroy shows us on this issue it does, this step is required.
    Yes, but why should that first step be from the frying pan into the fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •