Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

  1. #101
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    I'm now blushing and I don't know why. I don't even know how to respond to this one Pretty good response though on your part.
    I'm so sorry- - just having fun with words.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #102
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post

    Thanks!
    It's a portrait of Heinrich Heine, my favorite German writer. He was rather political and wrote many acid satires, great guy!
    Thanks for the info. Judging by your sig line, I would probably enjoy reading his works.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #103
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    American politics are so cool!

    First your President "kicks ass" ... and the least thing I'd expect Obama to do after the problem was dealt with is wearing a military uniform, stuffing out his genitals and proudly posing for TV, claiming "mission accomplished!"
    Mission Accomplished... the facts you never learned:

    Sind Sie Deutsche?
    Aber echt-eh?

    If so I can understand why you are fully in the dark. Americans I do not undertand, but the Germans have one of the worst press corps (or as Obama says corpse) in the world. Their citizens are a mass of ignorance thanks to the one sewer pipe feeding the public. It drips a toxic sludge of leftist crap... once in a while you get some truth, but so much waste is fed to the masses I fear for their mental health.

    There is the rare reporter/historian like Michael Stuermer, who is a voice of reason, but one among thousands of ****heads doesn't bode well for a public educated on local or world matters.

    Even Wikipedia gets the history correctly... but the masses cling to the crap fed by the propagandists.

    Why?

    Because they needed something to bring down a popular president. That and the absolutely disgusting display by Gerhard Schroeder during his election bid set the wheels in motion for the anti-American left on both sides of the pond.

    This false reporting of the Mission Accomplished banner was a turning point at home. It was the start of treasonous Democrats starting to attack the troops and our president. It got the idiocy ball rolling, emboldened our enemies, and raised the cost of American treasure and blood.

    "The banner was a Navy idea, the ship's idea. The idea popped up in one of the meetings aboard the ship preparing for its homecoming and thought it would be good to have a banner, 'Mission Accomplished.' The sailors then asked if the White House could get the sign made. ... The banner signified the successful completion of the ship's deployment," Cmdr. Chun continued noting that the Abraham Lincoln was deployed 290 days, longer than any other nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in history.

    It was during this time that the Lincoln was ordered to the Persian Gulf to take part in Operation Iraqi Freedom. This forced the Navy to extend Lincoln's stay from 20 January 2003 to 6 May 2003. The news of this extension was delivered to the ship's crew on New Years morning by the then Battlegroup Commander, RADM Kelly, with the famous phrase, "We don't need to be home holding our loved ones, we need to be here holding the line. Get over it!".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Abr...n_%28CVN-72%29
    The president went to honor the men and women for a tough haul, and the press and leftists could care less about the facts... they used it as a baton.

    Now, will you still cling bitterly to this false image, or will you accept the truth?

    I sense you're going to learn a lot at DP. Welcome.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-10-10 at 04:55 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #104
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Mission Accomplished... the facts you never learned:

    Sind Sie Deutsche?
    Aber echt-eh?
    Echt!

    If so I can understand why you are fully in the dark. Americans I do not undertand, but the Germans have one of the worst press corps (or as Obama says corpse) in the world. Their citizens are a mass of ignorance thanks to the one sewer pipe feeding the public. It drips a toxic sludge of leftist crap... once in a while you get some truth, but so much waste is fed to the masses I fear for their mental health.
    I had no idea! Now I am shocked!

    Really, I had no idea! Thank you so much, zimmer, for telling me. I think our German journalists over here should really take an example of America's quality journalism. They should watch FOX News closely for a while, look, listen and learn! Because, you know, I was told that the only place where you see the truth and get facts about how reality really is, is FOX News (all other sources twist facts, make up stories out of thin air, have a liberal bias and are run by elitist liberal college professors who have never fired a gun with their own hands, are sipping latte and orange juice instead of coke and beer, and thus generally hate America -- and that's a huge conspiracy by a communist network of traitors to take over!). The worst thing what these commies don't get is that there is no "truth", but always a "liberal truth" and a "conservative truth". And for the sake of balance, both deserve equal airtime, no matter which of both can be backed up by facts. I was told FOX News does the right thing and even ignores "liberal truth". And we all know, reality has a liberal bias, so I am glad that FOX News doesn't give it too much room.

    So when all these horrible German journalists will shut up and learn, and start studying at the example of FOX News what's high quality journalism, we may have a slight chance to improve.

    I'm glad you told me. Without your advice, I'd be lost.

    There is the rare reporter/historian like Michael Stuermer, who is a voice of reason, but one among thousands of ****heads doesn't bode well for a public educated on local or world matters.
    I am sad to realize that I don't know anything, but you know it all and have it all right. And I am glad you have the proper self-confidence telling me that ... really, if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't know and remain in dark unawareness!

    I am sure your opinion is more educated than that of thousands of silly German ****heads. I feel it, because I see your language is level-headed, your accusations not at all broad, your view differentiated and you don't come across like paranoid at all. So please don't let me rot in darkness! I need your light to enlighten me!

    [SIZE="3"]
    Why?

    Because they needed something to bring down a popular president. That and the absolutely disgusting display by Gerhard Schroeder during his election bid set the wheels in motion for the anti-American left on both sides of the pond.
    Oh, yes, I begin to understand. It's ... a big conspiracy and whatever the entire world does anywhere on this planet evolves around the American right exclusively. Please tell me more, I had no idea! (And be careful they don't get you! They are after you, you know that?)

    This false reporting of the Mission Accomplished banner was a turning point at home. It was the start of treasonous Democrats starting to attack the troops and our president. It got the idiocy ball rolling, emboldened our enemies, and raised the cost of American treasure and blood.
    These damn leftists! F*ck them!!! How dare they disagreeing with Bush? He is the President, dammit, disagreement is treason! And it's a HUGE CONSPIRACY!!!1!!1! They are out to get you!!!

    (Hey, after staying a way from this "toxic sewer pit feeding me leftist crap" a while and reading American sources for a while has really helped me a lot already. Slowly, I get the swing!)

    The president went to honor the men and women for a tough haul, and the press and leftists could care less about the facts... they used it as a baton.

    Now, will you still cling bitterly to this false image, or will you accept the truth?

    I sense you're going to learn a lot at DP. Welcome.

    .
    Uh ... what "false image"?

    I just thought that it was cool Bush posed in such an obviously ridiculous manner, making a show out of politics, which usually is so boring. Just like I think it's cool that Obama wants to "kick ass" now, or that people complain he not angry enough. Not angry enough! That kills me. Things like that make politics much more entertaining.

    But wait ... you said something about me having a "false image" ... and alluded something about a sinister group of people in power of the media after you to get you. Apparently, you know more than I do, which must be because I am exposed to horrible low quality media that doesn't meet FOX News's quality standards. So you should really help me out of this misery, by explaining to me what I mean. Please!
    Last edited by German guy; 06-10-10 at 08:23 AM.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  5. #105
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    You got a quandary. You either give the federal government the power/resources to be able to tackle such disasters or you get the present government...
    exactly.. damned if you do or damned if you dont.. then there are some that damn him no matter what..

  6. #106
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    I don't mind Obama suggesting he needs an "ass to kick" so much, I just kinda view it like the wimpy kid saying he's going to kick someones ass, you just kinda sit there and shake your head.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Echt!


    I had no idea! Now I am shocked!

    Really, I had no idea! Thank you so much, zimmer, for telling me. I think our German journalists over here should really take an example of America's quality journalism. They should watch FOX News closely for a while, look, listen and learn! Because, you know, I was told that the only place where you see the truth and get facts about how reality really is, is FOX News (all other sources twist facts, make up stories out of thin air, have a liberal bias and are run by elitist liberal college professors who have never fired a gun with their own hands, are sipping latte and orange juice instead of coke and beer, and thus generally hate America -- and that's a huge conspiracy by a communist network of traitors to take over!). The worst thing what these commies don't get is that there is no "truth", but always a "liberal truth" and a "conservative truth". And for the sake of balance, both deserve equal airtime, no matter which of both can be backed up by facts. I was told FOX News does the right thing and even ignores "liberal truth". And we all know, reality has a liberal bias, so I am glad that FOX News doesn't give it too much room.

    So when all these horrible German journalists will shut up and learn, and start studying at the example of FOX News what's high quality journalism, we may have a slight chance to improve.

    I'm glad you told me. Without your advice, I'd be lost.



    I am sad to realize that I don't know anything, but you know it all and have it all right. And I am glad you have the proper self-confidence telling me that ... really, if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't know and remain in dark unawareness!

    I am sure your opinion is more educated than that of thousands of silly German ****heads. I feel it, because I see your language is level-headed, your accusations not at all broad, your view differentiated and you don't come across like paranoid at all. So please don't let me rot in darkness! I need your light to enlighten me!



    Oh, yes, I begin to understand. It's ... a big conspiracy and whatever the entire world does anywhere on this planet evolves around the American right exclusively. Please tell me more, I had no idea! (And be careful they don't get you! They are after you, you know that?)



    These damn leftists! F*ck them!!! How dare they disagreeing with Bush? He is the President, dammit, disagreement is treason! And it's a HUGE CONSPIRACY!!!1!!1! They are out to get you!!!

    (Hey, after staying a way from this "toxic sewer pit feeding me leftist crap" a while and reading American sources for a while has really helped me a lot already. Slowly, I get the swing!)



    Uh ... what "false image"?

    I just thought that it was cool Bush posed in such an obviously ridiculous manner, making a show out of politics, which usually is so boring. Just like I think it's cool that Obama wants to "kick ass" now, or that people complain he not angry enough. Not angry enough! That kills me. Things like that make politics much more entertaining.

    But wait ... you said something about me having a "false image" ... and alluded something about a sinister group of people in power of the media after you to get you. Apparently, you know more than I do, which must be because I am exposed to horrible low quality media that doesn't meet FOX News's quality standards. So you should really help me out of this misery, by explaining to me what I mean. Please!




    could anyone get through this rambling nonsense?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Deutsche Dude,

    You put out the interesting initial and rebuttal posts, and then have "Moderate" by your name?
    Come, come ... are you Bisky or Gysi?
    Please correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Echt!
    Really, I had no idea! Thank you so much, zimmer, for telling me. I think our German journalists over here should really take an example of America's quality journalism. They should watch FOX News closely for a while, look, listen and learn! Because, you know, I was told that the only place where you see the truth and get facts about how reality really is, is FOX News (all other sources twist facts, make up stories out of thin air, have a liberal bias and are run by elitist liberal college professors who have never fired a gun with their own hands, are sipping latte and orange juice instead of coke and beer, and thus generally hate America -- and that's a huge conspiracy by a communist network of traitors to take over!). The worst thing what these commies don't get is that there is no "truth", but always a "liberal truth" and a "conservative truth". And for the sake of balance, both deserve equal airtime, no matter which of both can be backed up by facts. I was told FOX News does the right thing and even ignores "liberal truth". And we all know, reality has a liberal bias, so I am glad that FOX News doesn't give it too much room.
    You just made my point. Vielen Dank.
    Intolerance and dementia through a constant stream of sewage.
    That bit was an almost incoherent rant.

    Let's see... FOXNEWS has never had to retract a story hires libs, tells both sides of the story, has balance when they have guests (not 4 libs and 1 RINO)... asks tough questions of Libs and Conservatives, and yes they report the conservative side too. Terrible, just terrible.


    So when all these horrible German journalists will shut up and learn, and start studying at the example of FOX News what's high quality journalism, we may have a slight chance to improve.

    I'm glad you told me. Without your advice, I'd be lost.
    A little balance in your press would be nice.
    That's all.
    I know your media very well, having been an avid consumer of it.
    For instance: The press recently reported the suicides in China;s factories building Apple products. They failed to note the suicide rate was lower than the national average for that size population.

    Another: I never recalled hearing about Judicial Watch in the German Press, but when they began investigating Bush early in his term, the German Press all of a sudden began citing them... despite the fact JW had chased Clinton's illegalities for years.

    Another: Paul Kirchoff rightly stated the German government should simplify the tax code and cut 400 laws in that pursuit. Schroeder was getting tanked... Merkel's numbers were at about 50%. What happened? The press turned on Merkel! After Schroeder had failed to cut the unemployment in half as promised... in fact he doubled it.

    It is a sad excuse for public information. It's propaganda... not any different from our press, but we do have alternatives... talk radio and FOXNEWS. Und Deutsch-e-land?
    Nada.
    Nix.
    Null.

    I am sad to realize that I don't know anything, but you know it all and have it all right. And I am glad you have the proper self-confidence telling me that ... really, if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't know and remain in dark unawareness!
    You were the individual that posted the Poster of Mission Accomplished, and made snarky comments about Bush and his genitalia.

    I am sure you hold more false views... due to your excellent grounding from the German Press.

    I am sure your opinion is more educated than that of thousands of silly German ****heads. I feel it, because I see your language is level-headed, your accusations not at all broad, your view differentiated and you don't come across like paranoid at all. So please don't let me rot in darkness! I need your light to enlighten me!
    My POV comes from 20-years in your land.
    I know Dem Deutsche Volk. I know them from Flensburg to Freilassing, Rostock to Frieburg, Berlin to Dortmund.

    Oh, yes, I begin to understand. It's ... a big conspiracy and whatever the entire world does anywhere on this planet evolves around the American right exclusively. Please tell me more, I had no idea! (And be careful they don't get you! They are after you, you know that?)
    I never said it was a conspiracy.
    It is a bent. Bismark really ****ed you folks good.
    You haven't been able to crawl out of the hole he's created... instead you reinforce it.

    These damn leftists! F*ck them!!! How dare they disagreeing with Bush? He is the President, dammit, disagreement is treason! And it's a HUGE CONSPIRACY!!!1!!1! They are out to get you!!!
    Calling your troops Terrorists, terrorizers, and when the Senate majority leader says :The war is lost:... that is treasonous.

    I just thought that it was cool Bush posed in such an obviously ridiculous manner, making a show out of politics, which usually is so boring. Just like I think it's cool that Obama wants to "kick ass" now, or that people complain he not angry enough. Not angry enough! That kills me. Things like that make politics much more entertaining.
    Thanking the troops is ridiculous? OK. I understand.
    Too much sewer pipe.

    But wait ... you said something about me having a "false image" ... and alluded something about a sinister group of people in power of the media after you to get you. Apparently, you know more than I do, which must be because I am exposed to horrible low quality media that doesn't meet FOX News's quality standards. So you should really help me out of this misery, by explaining to me what I mean. Please!
    Again... too much toxic sewer pipe.
    I never said the group was sinister, nor did I mention false image... I stated false reporting... and it was. Just look at the drivel you posted about "Mission Accomplished". 100% false.
    Probably thought you were being clever bashing Bush43.

    Are you going to admit you were wrong? You tried to divert the focus, but I haven't forgotten... so... how about it?

    The problem is, and you fail to let even this view seep through that toxic cranium of yours, is the German people have virtually no alternative view except the leftist view. That creates an open minded, well rounded public? A great foundation for debate? For openness?

    What would be wrong with having a network or avenues that promoted freedom, liberty, and financial conservatism?

    You mein freund, have made my point about the typical German.

    Danke.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-10-10 at 10:09 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #109
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    Hey zimmer,

    look, I really have no idea what you're talking about. Apparently, you know pretty well what I allegedly think, although I hardly said anything (except mentioning that I found Bush's "mission accomplished"-moment funny). Apparently, that alone is enough for you to jump to broad assumptions about what I think, start broad-brushed attacks against an entire country and their media. I just couldn't help to respond with irony to your claims by pointing to FOX News, which I think should be a good example that quality and bias problems in the media are hardly limited to one side of the ocean. That, again, triggered a weird flood of broad accusations and assumptions about what I think from you.

    If you are trying to be funny, by attempting to play a stereotype about a rabid far-right nut, I apologize. Please tell me, in that case. Until you do that, I will assume you are being serious.

    That's why I had to report your posting. It doesn't contain anything but mocking, unfounded accusations, stereotype drivel you expect rather from a caricature than from a real person and broad attacks against me and my country. It'd rude, disrespectful and doesn't contribute to the debate in any way. Short: It's trolling.

    I'm still new here, so I don't know how strong moderation is here, but it says "political bias optional, civility is a must". Your post was anything but civil. That's why I hope the moderators will put an end to that.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  10. #110
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Obama Seeking "Ass To Kick" Over Oil Spill

    In addition, I will try to respond and give an example of tolerance (a thing you seem to be missing):

    Is Germany more left-leaning than the US? Yes, it is. Does it mean that's because we are sheeples brainwashed by a propaganda machine? No, not at all.

    People are holding more left-leaning views because of many, especially cultural and historical reasons. Does that mean these opinions are illegitimate? Not at all. Unless you believe left-leaning views are illegitimate or invalid by default (and that's what your wild rambling seems to suggest, that you completely lack tolerance for differing opinions). By the same token, it's just as correct claiming "Germany is more left than the US" as "The US is so much more to the right to Germany". Who are you to say one is more legitimate than the other? And in fact, we have a wide variety of opinions in our media here. And at very least, a higher degree of respect in the debate than in many US medias seems standard here, even if that alone doesn't say much about quality yet. But I assume you have good and bad media here, as you have in the US.

    You should stop attacking arguments for the person who advances them, instead of their inherent merit. That's called ad hominem fallacy and well poisoning. An argument is not good or bad because it's "left" or "conservative", but when it's logically sound and can be backed up, regardless of the side that advances it. And when you do that it's neither a sign of civility nor respect, least of all tolerance of different opinions.

    Is this style of debate and disrespect your personal speciality, or is it typical for the American right?

    It's true, I disagree with Bush. But that I found his "mission accomplished"-stunt funny is the least reason for that. In fact, I believe even Bush supporters may find it funny and laugh about it, and I think if Obama did a similar thing, I'd find it just as funny and laugh about it. You'll see that I equally expressed amusement by Obama's statement "to kick ass". Really, you should relax a little and consider all this less as a partisan war, but nice bickering among people who can respectfully disagree, yet share a laugh sometimes.

    No ill will, really. I may not agree with much of what you believe, but I don't think all Americans are like that, I won't jump to broad allegiations about the state of your media in general, or question anything you say is illegitimate by default. Could you please return that favor?
    Last edited by German guy; 06-10-10 at 11:20 AM.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •