Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 255

Thread: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Wow that was probably the fakest recording I've ever heard. Isn't this the same news source that claimed that some of the Flotilla passengers desired to be martyrs? Two pretty big stories that never showed up anywhere else AFAIK. Sounds like the source is the problem.
    The Turkish newspapers were the first to report the martyRdom story and the story has since been picked up by the MSM:

    Flotilla raid: Turkish jihadis bent on violence attacked troops, Israel claims | World news | The Guardian

    That's from the Guardian.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 06-05-10 at 07:40 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    So it's legitimate unless it's proven false now?

    How about you provide an actual credible source instead of this website?
    The Jerusalem Post reported it as well:

    Gaza flotilla: Go back to Auschwitz

    As has Haaretz:

    IDF video shows flotilla passengers tell Israel Navy to 'go back to Auschwitz' - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Both your sources are ultimately the IDF. If the IDF is of questionable accuracy(and they are since they are in the middle of the events), then neither is reliable. I am not doubting that the recording is real, only showing the flaw in your argument. Personally, I think the recordings are probably real, but I can see how people can question them.
    A) Who else is going to release video footage held by the IDF but the IDF?

    B) This is what we refer to as an ad-hominem logical fallacy. To simply assume that the video is inauthentic simply because of its source with no other evidene backing up that conclusion is not a valid argument.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    lol your source who claims the video is fake is one of the members of the Flotilla, do you have an audio expert who asserts that the audio appears to be fake?

  5. #65
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, both sources produced identical tapes. As far as authenticity goes, I have heard from the pro- side. Let's hear from the anti- side. Any evidence that this tape is NOT authentic?
    Well I was watching Flemish news (I'm trying to improve my Dutch ) and I think I did find evidence that the tape is a fake, and this really makes me feel very uncomfortable.

    First, listen to the Jpost tape, published on June 4

    YouTube - Flotilla Ship to Israeli Navy: "We're Helping Arabs Go Against the US, Don't Forget 9/11 Guys"

    it says "we're the Israeli navy, you're approaching an area which is under a naval blockade / Shut up, go back to Auschwitz"

    Now watch this Flemish newspaper from May 31. You'll see the actual scene filmed with the complete tape recording

    Videozone (on the right, clic on "Terzake 2010 - 31/05/10" and then "Israëlische commando's enteren vloot" Watch at roughly 1'10")

    it says "we're the Israeli navy, you're approaching an area which is under a naval blockade" and then hear no "go back to Auschitz", in fact no one responds and the IDF soldier keeps on talking, he adds "the region of Gaza has been..."

    Since it is filmed, it is impossible that the Flemish video is a fake.

  6. #66
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    I just saw this post. Incredible.

  7. #67
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Well I was watching Flemish news (I'm trying to improve my Dutch ) and I think I did find evidence that the tape is a fake, and this really makes me feel very uncomfortable.

    First, listen to the Jpost tape, published on June 4

    YouTube - Flotilla Ship to Israeli Navy: "We're Helping Arabs Go Against the US, Don't Forget 9/11 Guys"

    it says "we're the Israeli navy, you're approaching an area which is under a naval blockade / Shut up, go back to Auschwitz"

    Now watch this Flemish newspaper from May 31. You'll see the actual scene filmed with the complete tape recording

    Videozone (on the right, clic on "Terzake 2010 - 31/05/10" and then "Israëlische commando's enteren vloot" Watch at roughly 1'10")

    it says "we're the Israeli navy, you're approaching an area which is under a naval blockade" and then hear no "go back to Auschitz", in fact no one responds and the IDF soldier keeps on talking, he adds "the region of Gaza has been..."

    Since it is filmed, it is impossible that the Flemish video is a fake.
    Lol bub, the audio record this thread is about was taken before the warnings given to the ships just before the interception took place (the ones you're referring to), it's an audio record of a conversation between the Israeli navy and the flotilla ships while they were still far from the interception point and were warned due to their intentions.

    I believe it does show us how soon you're jumping into conclusive conclusions.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    I just saw this post. Incredible.
    It's not really incredible since the source that says it is fake is not an audio analyst but one of the heads of the Flotilla, she offers no evidence; such as, her own recording.

  9. #69
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל • אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    IIRC, two separate warnings were issued by radio, not one. This is in accordance with Maritime Law.

    אשכנזי היהודי • Белый Россию

  10. #70
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Lol bub, the audio record this thread is about was taken before the warnings given to the ships just before the interception took place (the ones you're referring to), it's an audio record of a conversation between the Israeli navy and the flotilla ships while they were still far from the interception point and were warned due to their intentions.

    I believe it does show us how soon you're jumping into conclusive conclusions.
    But two recordings are different, one of them must be a fake.

    What is your source for the "go back to auschwitz" comment?

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •