Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 255

Thread: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,970

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Mr. V, I think she's saying this and let me spin this towards something more towards the side you'd be agreeable with.

    Lets say we're back in 2005 and Michael Moore accused George Bush of attempting to Bribe him so as not to produce any more documentaries. He then releases "Audio" that he says is Bush offering him the bribe.

    The Huffington Post reports on this audio and posts it on their website, and Redress links to it.

    You then tell Redress "Okay, I think the Michael Moore is untrustworthy as he has a stake in this because it would cause the President to be impeached and he wants George Bush out of office, and I question the validity of the Huffington Post. You need to give me another source showing this actually ever happened".

    Redress then comes back and gives you a link to The Washington Times, which has the exact same audio from Michael Moore.

    While the two sources Redress linked to....HuffPo and Washington Times...are different, THEIR source is the same and you are suspicious of that particular source because he has a vested interest in what is in the audio actually being legit.

    That's the situation here.

    Two sources were posted, both of whoms source was the same thing (The IDF in this case) and that particular source is what's suspicious because they have a vested interest in what is in the audio actually being legit.

    Fix the blinky eyes a bit? They're talking about the source referenced by the two "sources", IE the IDF, not the actual news organizations reporting it specifically.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,970

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    What was the arguments that it was legit so far? Only ones I see off hand in this thread was "It came from the IDF".

    Please point it out to me if I've made it. So far I've seen no evidence in this thread to either validate nor invalidate the authenticity of the tape.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Mr. V, I think she's saying this and let me spin this towards something more towards the side you'd be agreeable with.

    Lets say we're back in 2005 and Michael Moore accused George Bush of attempting to Bribe him so as not to produce any more documentaries. He then releases "Audio" that he says is Bush offering him the bribe.

    The Huffington Post reports on this audio and posts it on their website, and Redress links to it.

    You then tell Redress "Okay, I think the Michael Moore is untrustworthy as he has a stake in this because it would cause the President to be impeached and he wants George Bush out of office, and I question the validity of the Huffington Post. You need to give me another source showing this actually ever happened".

    Redress then comes back and gives you a link to The Washington Times, which has the exact same audio from Michael Moore.

    While the two sources Redress linked to....HuffPo and Washington Times...are different, THEIR source is the same and you are suspicious of that particular source because he has a vested interest in what is in the audio actually being legit.

    That's the situation here.

    Two sources were posted, both of whoms source was the same thing (The IDF in this case) and that particular source is what's suspicious because they have a vested interest in what is in the audio actually being legit.

    Fix the blinky eyes a bit? They're talking about the source referenced by the two "sources", IE the IDF, not the actual news organizations reporting it specifically.
    Here's the problem, Zyph. If the audio was of George Bush definitively offering Michael Moore a bribe, rather than some odd rambling, the suspension of disbelief, regardless of the source would be minimized. Is it possible that it could be some odd snippets that Moore put together? Sure, however, one must look at the quality of the audio. Does this seem legitimate? Based on the quality and the presentation, I would lean more towards it's legitimacy than not, and I have heard nothing definitive on the negative side.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #34
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    What was the arguments that it was legit so far? Only ones I see off hand in this thread was "It came from the IDF".

    Please point it out to me if I've made it. So far I've seen no evidence in this thread to either validate nor invalidate the authenticity of the tape.
    Read your earlier bit, so the conflict of interest is that the IDF has a stake in the recording being legit because it helps them. I can understand that to a point, however...

    And this goes to your previous with Mr. Moore... if there was no evidence that he faked it, and I could find none other then I do not trust him... then I couldn't very well say anything after two sources after that without being made fun of.

    I counter with "Why do you distrust the IDF? They are the only ones that would have this audio."
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,970

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here's the problem, Zyph. If the audio was of George Bush definitively offering Michael Moore a bribe, rather than some odd rambling, the suspension of disbelief, regardless of the source would be minimized. Is it possible that it could be some odd snippets that Moore put together? Sure, however, one must look at the quality of the audio. Does this seem legitimate? Based on the quality and the presentation, I would lean more towards it's legitimacy than not, and I have heard nothing definitive on the negative side.
    All would be excellent questions of how much credence you give someone. I will generally never give someone that has self interest in an issue 100% belief; but factors like that could make me believe them far more than the alternative.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,970

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Read your earlier bit, so the conflict of interest is that the IDF has a stake in the recording being legit because it helps them. I can understand that to a point, however...

    And this goes to your previous with Mr. Moore... if there was no evidence that he faked it, and I could find none other then I do not trust him... then I couldn't very well say anything after two sources after that without being made fun of.

    I counter with "Why do you distrust the IDF? They are the only ones that would have this audio."
    I disagree about the "made fun of" part because, as I pointed out, its NOT two sources...its two NEWS sources reporting about the same SOURCE. If 50 things reprint the exact same statement from a singular source that doesn't make that statement 50 times more credible or that 50 sources back up that statement, it means that 50 news sources are reporting what an individual source said.

    To even go simpler. If I go up to someone and say "You're a dick" and they go "No I'm not" and then my buddy John standing next to me goes "Yeah, Zyphlin says You're a dick" the notion that this guy is a dick does not magically become stronger because John repeated what I said. Even more, if then our mutural friend mike joins in and go "I concur, Zyphlin does say you're a dick" the fact that I now have two people repeating me doesn't make my initial statement any more legitimately true.

    As I've said in other threads.

    I don't believe the IDF nor those on the barges statements and accounts as if its the god honest gospel truth. Both sides have reasons and motives to lie, distort, misrepresent, and possibly even commit fraudulent accounts.

    Now, that being said I have far more respect for the IDF and how they operate than I do with those on the ship. So in general I give them a higher benefit of the doubt.

    That does not equal assuming everything they say is true.

    Israel is losing the propaganda war on this, they are also far from a country lacking in technology, so I do not think its out of the realm of possibility that a faked audio track could be produced.

    Do I think its highly likely? Not really. I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities either however.

    There's too much coming out (in general) from both sides on two very extreme ends of the spectrum and I simply don't buy one side is 100% truth and the other 100% lies.

    As such, while I think its absolutely foolish to decry "Its a fake!" without no evidence, so too do I feel that treating this like absolute gospel truth and thus a nail in the coffin to the righteousness and correctness of Israel and the horrors of those on the ship is also rather foolish if less so than the previous.

    While they've demonstrated no evidence thus far that its "faked", the only assurance its "real" is from the people who are giving it to us who are the ones currently looking bad internationally and could use a possible swing in their favor. I give them more of the benefit of the doubt, thus I don't think its foolish to think that its likely legit and if it is feel it just makes the boat members look worse. I do not give them the benefit of the doubt enough to just assume, act, and speak as if its undeniable fact because the IDF said so.

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Read your earlier bit, so the conflict of interest is that the IDF has a stake in the recording being legit because it helps them. I can understand that to a point, however...

    And this goes to your previous with Mr. Moore... if there was no evidence that he faked it, and I could find none other then I do not trust him... then I couldn't very well say anything after two sources after that without being made fun of.

    I counter with "Why do you distrust the IDF? They are the only ones that would have this audio."
    To be clear MrV, I am not saying the audio if faked. I doubt if it is. My point was simply that if you distrust the IDF, then another source referencing the IDF audio is not going to prove anything.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,444
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz - Israel News, Ynetnews


    Hmm, sounds like the flotilla folks were cruisin for a bruisin.
    Seems they need to go through some Sensitivity Training.

    Seems they got the short program too.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #39
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,204

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Wow that was probably the fakest recording I've ever heard. Isn't this the same news source that claimed that some of the Flotilla passengers desired to be martyrs? Two pretty big stories that never showed up anywhere else AFAIK. Sounds like the source is the problem.
    Take your propaganda elsewhere, the story about the three "passengers" that were talking about becoming martyrs is from a Turkish source.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz


Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •