Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 377

Thread: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

  1. #361
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    wow this is so sad, that everyone is taking this so hard..



    I am an Israeli, and I am less bothered by her comments than an actual Neo-Nazis...i mean wtf is wrong with people these days.
    the amount of bashing she got over a comment just shows how society is failing

    good thing the president has some brains and didnt take her citizenship on the way of her losing just about everything

    I actually feel bad for her..

    and whoever made that cartoon is an idiot
    Obama really thinks the same way she does, but can't speak his mind, other than talk about kicking someone's ass over the Gulf oil spill.

  2. #362
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,431
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    wow this is so sad, that everyone is taking this so hard..



    I am an Israeli, and I am less bothered by her comments than an actual Neo-Nazis...i mean wtf is wrong with people these days.
    the amount of bashing she got over a comment just shows how society is failing

    good thing the president has some brains and didnt take her citizenship on the way of her losing just about everything

    I actually feel bad for her..

    and whoever made that cartoon is an idiot
    I'm surprised an Israeli would take this so lightly.
    The "Dean of the White House Press Corps(e)", a raving anti-Semite.
    Niiiiiiiiiice.

    Her remarks were straight out of the Hezbo, Hamas, Islamic Jihad handbook.
    She sounded like some guy and his looney toon friends back in 1933.
    Hell, she sounds like I'minaJihad.

    She used her free speech and got what she deserved.
    People that employed her didn't want to be associated with that drivel.
    I hope she enjoys retirement. I hear Hamas offered her an apartment on the strip.



    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

    Signed and dated for those who are into that kinda stuff.

    Original enough IT & Casey?

    For further enquiries, please contact the Zimmer Legal Division, Mississippi Delta Offices.
    Our doors are always closed.


    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-10-10 at 10:33 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Don't you think we may be over-reacting a little bit to this whole thing. She's an old woman and EVERYONE says things when they are angry. Hell I was in Beijing last year and I accused the ticket lady at the airport of being a "damned Chinese communist" straight to her face because of an argument over luggage fees and I was sick as hell of being in that country. It was extremely rude and out of order but I don't think anyone could reasonably accuse me of being a bigot or stereotyping all Chinese as communists or anything negative about myself other than I got too hot-headed.

  4. #364
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,290
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Don't you think we may be over-reacting a little bit to this whole thing. She's an old woman and EVERYONE says things when they are angry. Hell I was in Beijing last year and I accused the ticket lady at the airport of being a "damned Chinese communist" straight to her face because of an argument over luggage fees and I was sick as hell of being in that country. It was extremely rude and out of order but I don't think anyone could reasonably accuse me of being a bigot or stereotyping all Chinese as communists or anything negative about myself other than I got too hot-headed.
    I also find it funny that the same people who always tell minorities to shut up when they get offended by a white guys comment, are the same ones crying and bitching and moaning about what a 3000 year old senile woman said and using it to paint the entire left as a bunch of Anti-Semite pigs.... something is awry here

  5. #365
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,431
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Don't you think we may be over-reacting a little bit to this whole thing. She's an old woman and EVERYONE says things when they are angry. Hell I was in Beijing last year and I accused the ticket lady at the airport of being a "damned Chinese communist" straight to her face because of an argument over luggage fees and I was sick as hell of being in that country. It was extremely rude and out of order but I don't think anyone could reasonably accuse me of being a bigot or stereotyping all Chinese as communists or anything negative about myself other than I got too hot-headed.
    She is a journalist. A supposed professional... "Dean of the WH Press Corps(e)", not some run of the mill individual trained in journalism working in Wallisa... like Palin for example.

    HT revealed her heart.
    It looked like she enjoyed getting it off her chest.
    Age doesn't matter, except if she were young, she might have been able to salvage a career working in Debuke, Bellingham or Killadelphia.

    No over reaction.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-10-10 at 10:53 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    She is a journalist. A supposed professional... "Dean of the WH Press Corps(e)."
    She revealed her heart.
    It looked like she enjoyed getting it off her chest.
    Age doesn't matter, except if she were young, she might have been able to salvage a career working in Debuke, Bellingham or Killadelphia.

    No over reaction.

    .
    I'm very curious to know how you know that was what was really in her heart. Looked like she enjoyed it? How would you tell that, what method to you have for that because to me she always looks like a plastic figure melting in the sun. Haven't you ever felt good when releasing a bunch of anger any way you could? Personally I think she just got angry, hot headed, or just got stupid for a second. Everyone does it, so don't be so quick to cast the first stone.

  7. #367
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Without knowing this lady to know if she's indeed an anti-Semite or has sympathies for neo-Nazis, I just want to say that her remark is definitely inappropriate. It's crossing a line, and that seems to happen more and more often these days in political discourse.

    Especially when it comes to the thin line of criticism toward's Israel actions. I'm myself not sure what to think about this Gaza blockade thing (you hear so much wild statements about it from both sides, and it's very hard to know what exactly happened, and both sides are really worked up about it), but I think it should be possible that when someone decides to express criticism towards certain policies of Israel's government (which in itself is legitimate, after all, in a free country, nobody needs to agree with the government), to make sure the line to anti-Semitic remarks is not crossed, and that this criticism remains respectful.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  8. #368
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Holy ****ing ****, seriously? People are all up in arms over this ****? OMFG! Someone actually has an opinion different than you do! Off with her head! She must be fired! This cannot be tolerated!!

    Gimme a ****ing break.

    Here's a clue, since it seems that a few people need one: Not everyone in the ****ing world agrees with how Israel was formed, or what it has done, or what they continue to do. Mkay? Get over it.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Holy ****ing ****, seriously? People are all up in arms over this ****? OMFG! Someone actually has an opinion different than you do! Off with her head! She must be fired! This cannot be tolerated!!

    Gimme a ****ing break.

    Here's a clue, since it seems that a few people need one: Not everyone in the ****ing world agrees with how Israel was formed, or what it has done, or what they continue to do. Mkay? Get over it.
    That and the fact that it's been said repeatedly by others, including myself, that if the Western world had so much guilt over what happened to the Jews that they felt the need to create a country for them, it makes more sense that they would have carved out a Rhode Island sized piece of Germany and handed it to them.

  10. #370
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That and the fact that it's been said repeatedly by others, including myself, that if the Western world had so much guilt over what happened to the Jews that they felt the need to create a country for them, it makes more sense that they would have carved out a Rhode Island sized piece of Germany and handed it to them.
    You mean... instead of sticking them smack dab in the middle of their worst enemies?
    Last edited by rivrrat; 06-10-10 at 01:30 PM. Reason: bite me

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •