Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 377

Thread: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I suppose the same could be said of the Native Americans and their European conquerors (some of whom also moved here to escape religious persecution in their native Europe)... if one were racist.

    It has zero bearing on my statement and zero relevance to the discussion at hand, however.
    Ok, if you say so.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Then let them defend it themselves, without our blood and money, as all nations worth a damn eventually must.
    The money we give them is pitances when compared to our entire national budget, and isn't all that much more than we give to other countries (including the PLO). They've done fine without our blood so far. If nuclear war broke out (as it might if they had to defend themselves against all of their neighbors without help), that might change as we'd probably end up getting dragged into it whether we wanted to or not.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    The money we give them is pitances when compared to our entire national budget, and isn't all that much more than we give to other countries (including the PLO). They've done fine without our blood so far. If nuclear war broke out (as it might if they had to defend themselves against all of their neighbors without help), that might change as we'd probably end up getting dragged into it whether we wanted to or not.
    If they've "done fine without our blood so far", why are we spilling it over there?
    I believe we're at war with the middle eastern Islamics- and they're at war with us- because of our support of Israel. Over 5,000 US troops dead since 9-11.

    The alternative- which would cost more in money in the short term, but would end the bloodshed all around and possibly stave off nuclear war- would be to assist Israel in relocating to a safer geographical location (such as in the US, or wherever else in the Western World they'd like to live).

  4. #304
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Which has exactly ZERO to do with modern international law. I am not having a discussion of the Old Testament anywhere but the religion forum so get that through your thick skull.
    The Old Testament has the reason why the Jews are fighting so hard for their rightful homeland, now. You can dismiss it all you want and claim the Jews have no right to live in Israel, but if you can't backup your argument, say so.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    The Old Testament has the reason why the Jews are fighting so hard for their rightful homeland, now. You can dismiss it all you want and claim the Jews have no right to live in Israel, but if you can't backup your argument, say so.
    If that's their only reason, then they have no right to be there.
    I doubt it is, though.
    Most Jews I've met aren't stupid. A lot of them are atheists/ secular humanists, and give the bible as much credence as I do.

  6. #306
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    If they've "done fine without our blood so far", why are we spilling it over there?
    I believe we're at war with the middle eastern Islamics- and they're at war with us- because of our support of Israel. Over 5,000 US troops dead since 9-11.

    The alternative- which would cost more in money in the short term, but would end the bloodshed all around and possibly stave off nuclear war- would be to assist Israel in relocating to a safer geographical location (such as in the US, or wherever else in the Western World they'd like to live).
    You have forgotten your history. The Jews have been despised the world over. Where would they go if they leave Israel? Would you let them live in your trailer park?

  7. #307
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    If that's their only reason, then they have no right to be there.
    I doubt it is, though.
    Most Jews I've met aren't stupid. A lot of them are atheists/ secular humanists, and give the bible as much credence as I do.
    With that, we agree.

  8. #308
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    There are so many Jews like gentiles who don't care about the Bible, or anything else, only their selfish lives.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    You have forgotten your history. The Jews have been despised the world over. Where would they go if they leave Israel? Would you let them live in your trailer park?
    I'd help them as much as I could to feel safe (not that I believe they're in any real danger of persecution in this day and age, when we have numerous safeguards in place against religious persecution and civil rights violations... unless they insist on living in the Islamic-dominated middle east), up to and including sending my son to fight their damned battles for them.
    I'd be willing to give some of what I have materially (I'm heir to over a thousand acres, some of it prime lakefront), if they didn't have anywhere else to live and insisted on a place where they could create an isolated enclave with other Jews.
    I'd also like to somehow make restitution to the Native Americans, Mexicans, and American blacks, however, and that would probably take precedence to helping Jews, as I am more directly culpable for the plight of these others than i am for the plight of the Jews.
    Last edited by 1069; 06-07-10 at 10:27 PM.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Then let them defend it themselves, without our blood and money, as all nations worth a damn eventually must.
    Let an American president, and other governmental elected officials, be elected without the financial contributions from successful American Jews.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •