Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 377

Thread: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    The following are your words:



    My answer was to your statement. We are not digressing from the topic at all. You as well as Helen Thomas seem to think that the Jews don't belong in Palestine. I find that rather strange coming from a Christian, your words, who has studied the Bible.
    I guess you failed to read the part where I said "dispersed for nearly 2000 years". If comprehension were your goal, you would have put that together with your deep Biblical knowledge and said "eureka, he is acknowledging that there is an ancient and outdated claim to the land by the Israelis, but he is sidelining that for more modern concerns".

    Comprehension wasn't your goal, however. And your invoking the Bible to settle modern, international disputes is still irrelevant. Sorry you are having so much trouble grasping that simple truth.

  2. #292
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I guess you failed to read the part where I said "dispersed for nearly 2000 years". If comprehension were your goal, you would have put that together with your deep Biblical knowledge and said "eureka, he is acknowledging that there is an ancient and outdated claim to the land by the Israelis, but he is sidelining that for more modern concerns".

    Comprehension wasn't your goal, however. And your invoking the Bible to settle modern, international disputes is still irrelevant. Sorry you are having so much trouble grasping that simple truth.
    Since you are such an astute student of the Bible you would know that the land was given to the Jews by God. Just because they were driven out didn't make the land any less theirs. The fact that they reclaimed it in 1948 was biblically prophesied. I suppose since you discount the Old Testament, I suppose you discount why God destroyed the two cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And how many of those people are actually firing rockets at Israel? How many of those people, if left unmolested by Israeli tanks plowing through their one room hovels, would take up arms against the Israelis?
    And how many Israelis are actually shooting guns at Palestinians? How many of those people, if left unmolested by Hamas rockets being fired at civilians, would take up arms against Palestinians?

    I see the election of Hamas as nothing more than a reaction to the oppression and desolation of a displaced people.
    Your sympathy for terrorist supporters is odd considering you have claimed in the past to not sympathize with the Palestinians. Anyways, The election of Hamas CAUSED oppression and desolation of people in Gaza.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I love it when the defense of murder is "B-b-b-but they did it tooooooooooo!!!!!!!"
    That may be the single most dishonest thing I've ever seen you say. Nobody's defending murder and you know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, I would call it murder tanks and cluster bombs are used to find lone rocket launchers in the middle of neighborhoods. You know...just so we understand and all.
    In other words, self defense. If Canada started firing rockets at the U.S., aiming at civilians, I would favor the invasion of Canada and complete destruction of anything that got in our way of stopping the attacks. Even if only 1 American was killed by the rockets, and the Canadians hid the rockets with their civilians to force us to cause collateral damage, we would be justified in stopping them by any means necessary because unlike us they attacked unprovoked, and unlike us they intentionally aimed at civilians.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well what claim did Jews from all over the earth have to return to a piece of land they had been dispersed from for nearly 2000 years prior to May 14, 1948?
    Jews didn't suddenly magically appear on that land in May 14, 1948.
    And your question could be answered one of 3 ways: 1. The Balfour Declaration; 2. U.N. Partition Resolution; 3. Jews had as much a right to immigrate to Palestine as Arabs before them had, and as Europeans had a right to immigrate to America, and as Jews had a right to immigrate to Europe 2000 years ago... you get the idea.

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Since you are such an astute student of the Bible you would know that the land was given to the Jews by God.
    Which has exactly ZERO to do with modern international law. I am not having a discussion of the Old Testament anywhere but the religion forum so get that through your thick skull.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    That may be the single most dishonest thing I've ever seen you say. Nobody's defending murder and you know it.
    That's EXACTLY what she just defended and EXACTLY the defense she used. If you have a problem with that, take it up with her, pal.

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Since you are such an astute student of the Bible you would know that the land was given to the Jews by God. Just because they were driven out didn't make the land any less theirs. The fact that they reclaimed it in 1948 was biblically prophesied. I suppose since you discount the Old Testament, I suppose you discount why God destroyed the two cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.
    Um, I don't believe in God, so thanks for verifying that the land Israel sits on was "given to the Jews" by no one, and therefore they have no real claim to it, other than the fact that they're a lot wealthier and stronger and better-armed than any other country in the area, and are therefore capable of taking it and holding it by force (with a little help from their big buddy, the US of A; God knows what our motive is, but I'm sure we have one, and I'm equally sure it's not entirely altruistic) ... you know, pretty much the same way every other country got the land their nations sit on.
    Last edited by 1069; 06-07-10 at 08:58 PM.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Um, I don't believe in God, so thanks for verifying that the land Israel sits on was "given to the Jews" by no one, and therefore they have no real claim to it, other than the fact that they're a lot wealthier and stronger and better-armed than any other country in the area, and are therefore capable of taking it and holding it by force (with a little help from their big buddy, the US of A; God knows what our motive is, but I'm sure we have one, and I'm equally sure it's not entirely altruistic) ... you know, pretty much the same way every other country got the land their nations sit on.
    The reason they are wealthier is because they are smarter and better educated. Sort of like the movie, "Planet of the Apes."

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    The reason they are wealthier is because they are smarter and better educated. Sort of like the movie, "Planet of the Apes."
    I suppose the same could be said of the Native Americans and their European conquerors (some of whom also moved here to escape religious persecution in their native Europe)... if one were racist.

    It has zero bearing on my statement and zero relevance to the discussion at hand, however.

  9. #299
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Um, I don't believe in God, so thanks for verifying that the land Israel sits on was "given to the Jews" by no one, and therefore they have no real claim to it, other than the fact that they're a lot wealthier and stronger and better-armed than any other country in the area, and are therefore capable of taking it and holding it by force (with a little help from their big buddy, the US of A; God knows what our motive is, but I'm sure we have one, and I'm equally sure it's not entirely altruistic) ... you know, pretty much the same way every other country got the land their nations sit on.
    They live there. That's all the claim they need, or anyone has ever needed. Jews make up the majority there.

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    They live there. That's all the claim they need, or anyone has ever needed. Jews make up the majority there.
    Then let them defend it themselves, without our blood and money, as all nations worth a damn eventually must.

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •